Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Did the PL rep actually use the word Brightpoint? or was it a "fulfillment company"

I Think that we originally figure out the Brightpoint part of the puzzle when fedex shipping labels started to get reported and we google maps searched the address.

I mention this because there s no real way to contact Brightpoint. That company suspiciously has a very low web presence. Almost like they intentionally insulated themselves.
No, they said fulfillment company. I said, "you mean Brightpoint, I know all about what they are doing." <<that was 2 weeks ago. So, they never confirmed Brightpoint. Hmmm....maybe it's time to flood Brightpoint with calls/emails. They should love hearing from us! I had the company head's info around here somewhere.....

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/8, FedEx tracking Label created 4/12. Mid June is my cutoff date, then an FTC claim is going to be filed... I've had enough. Thinking about just buying the watch for running season. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Dang, even their FB is just giving canned responses... I just wanted to see what they show as my approval date and both times they just responded with the "We show you to be receiving 2 Gear S2 watches and we will send you tracking info when it becomes available"... That's not even an answer to what I was asking! lol

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
This situation is going to cause me to think twice before I purchase ANYTHING in the future that involves a "free" option along with the purchase. Lesson learned.

Right on, I did learn this same lesson years ago when I sent way for things on the back of cereal boxes when I was 8 and it was the late 80s but I figured ya know with this day and age when I can get updates about the status of my pizza in near real time it might have been different. I look forward to flooding every forum I can find somewhat relevant with “remember the S7 gear S2 promo” posts when the Note 6 promos start.

When it comes to Bright point I have this fun scenario in my head that is probably the reason for the gear VR S2 mix up debacle.

It involves a Joe Nobody warehouse worker that lives in Indianapolis who came to work one day and started working and read the paperwork wrong and started shipping VRs because the promo paperwork said “Free gear VR” on it, not realizing that sometimes a Gear S2 was shipped instead.

Brightpoint warehouse supervisor: “Joe, what the F are you doing?”

Joe Nobody Brightpoint warehouse worker: “wut it says free gear VR, this is a gear VR it goes in da box”

Then when the error was discovered Prizelogic had to spin up some BS about location codes.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/8, FedEx tracking Label created 4/12. Mid June is my cutoff date, then an FTC claim is going to be filed... I've had enough. Thinking about just buying the watch for running season. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Not sure what else you would be using the watch for, but it has not received glowing reviews for its fitness tracking capabilities.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I feel like I have to wait for my 8-week-wait to end, then file a formal complaint. Maybe I will get my 'prize,' but either way, I don't forget and I won't forget. It was wrong, no matter what the outcome. Not that someone can't make a mistake, but it's the part where they refuse to admit it, fix it, offer any help to the consumer. 'We made a mistake and are working to correct the process immediately," would have been a much preferred response to the run-around we've been getting for weeks on end.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I feel like I have to wait for my 8-week-wait to end, then file a formal complaint. Maybe I will get my 'prize,' but either way, I don't forget and I won't forget. It was wrong, no matter what the outcome. Not that someone can't make a mistake, but it's the part where they refuse to admit it, fix it, offer any help to the consumer. 'We made a mistake and are working to correct the process immediately," would have been a much preferred response to the run-around we've been getting for weeks on end.

I agree completely.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
One last thing (don't believe it), the PL rep told me to check my email for a tracking number (the 1st part of June) and to check with Fedex. I guess even they've given up on their own Status Update system! Maybe since BrightPoint is doing their own thing, even PL has no clue when anything is shipping? When (and if) I ever get a tracking number, I'm gonna call PL and let them know just for the fun of it!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
One last thing (don't believe it), the PL rep told me to check my email for a tracking number (the 1st part of June) and to check with Fedex. I guess even they've given up on their own Status Update system! Maybe since BrightPoint is doing their own thing, even PL has no clue when anything is shipping? When (and if) I ever get a tracking number, I'm gonna call PL and let them know just for the fun of it!

i don't think prizelogic does really know when exactly they ship... after they approve your submission it really is in brightpoint's hands, once they ship they update prizelogic, that is why most people are receiving their items before they get their tracking numbers.... hope this makes sense....

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/9and..... still "Pending"

I am in the same boat. However, I find it strange that I submitted for 2 S2's on 03/09 and I wasn't "approved" until 04/14 per PL. This promotion is all over the place. What I am taking away from this whole situation is, NEVER take advantage of pre-order, and submit close to the middle of the promotion. I am happy to see more watches being sent and not in limbo, just wishing those of use who submitted first, were part of this movement. Still pending, and nothing in FDM. Guess I'll continue to wait patiently, and start week 9.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
i don't think prizelogic does really know when exactly they ship... after they approve your submission it really is in brightpoint's hands, once they ship they update prizelogic, that is why most people are receiving their items before they get their tracking numbers.... hope this makes sense....

I imagine that Brightpoint was supposed to send a report back to prizelogic at the end of the day or every few days and then prizelogic was supposed to update the site. BUT Brightpoint said naw F that and didnt send reports for a while and then the person at prizelogic whoes job it was to interface with that system and update status said "whuh well I dont have anything to do.." I guess I ll go to the circus today" Then that Prizelogic employee fell in love with Fred the one armed Carnival ride operator (because he had the bluest eyes she had ever seen) and never came back to PL to update status s

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why but just called PL. I am usually very nice to them because they are just reps who answer the phones. But this girl pissed me off. She said to me that I should not be upset because it has only been 4 weeks since I had my final approval on 4/6. I said listen I submitted on 3/11 was told I was approved on 3/13 and it would be 4-6 weeks from then. When that date passed they changed it to 6-8 weeks from then. Then last week all of a sudden your reps start telling everyone that got the 4/7 letter that that was their approval date and that it is 8 weeks from then. I said that was a blanket approval letter not everyones approval date and just admit things got messed up and let them start to look into why a lot of us who submitted from 3/9-312 still do not have our S2's or any date when we will receive them. She says I can give you a date you should receive it by June 1st that is the end of your 8 week period. That is when I got upset and said how is it possible that someone who submitted on 3/27 is getting their watch now, someone who submitted on 3/23 got there watch 2 weeks ago and that there are many like this. She ignored that and kept saying that I am in my 8 week period like it says in the terms. So I told her I have the original terms and it said 4-6 wks from the time I submitted it. I also said they keep changing their story and I do not understand why they do not call the distribution center to find out what happened to our S2's ( she told me that my 2 were sent over to the distributions center on 4/8 to be shipped out). I told her it is over a month why would a label not be created or shipped out. She said they have until June 1st. I could not take it anymore and said that and hung up.

Shygurlizshy

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking on this thread for about a month now and wanted to say thanks for all the information. My label was created back on 4/28 and was picked up yesterday and now in transit due to be delivered on Wednesday.

Submitted on 3/20
Approved on 4/07
Shipped on 5/08

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat. However, I find it strange that I submitted for 2 S2's on 03/09 and I wasn't "approved" until 04/14 per PL. This promotion is all over the place. Still pending, and nothing in FDM. Guess I'll continue to wait patiently, and start week 9.

Same here submitted 3/10, got an email approval on 3/19. I talked to someone last week and they said I wasn't approved until 4/14 and she does not see an earlier approval.. over a month after original submission date. I was also told it would be no later than June.

This sucks!

Posted via the Android Central App

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Bright point
Telecommunications Service Provider
Address: 501 Airtech Pkwy, Plainfield, IN 46168
Phone: (317) 707-2355
Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what else you would be using the watch for, but it has not received glowing reviews for its fitness tracking capabilities.

I guess I'd actually have to physically possess the watch to judge that for myself, which with each passing week, seems unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci