Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat. However, I find it strange that I submitted for 2 S2's on 03/09 and I wasn't "approved" until 04/14 per PL. This promotion is all over the place. What I am taking away from this whole situation is, NEVER take advantage of pre-order, and submit close to the middle of the promotion. I am happy to see more watches being sent and not in limbo, just wishing those of use who submitted first, were part of this movement. Still pending, and nothing in FDM. Guess I'll continue to wait patiently, and start week 9.

I think the bigger take away is that its a crap shoot. I pre ordered on the 24th, and watched as people that pre ordered a week later got their phones before I did. So finally got phone on the 10th, submitted the same day. No email from pl/samsung/brightpoint, until after the watch was delivered on 4/2. I think the misinformation and lack of a process that one can follow, is by far the most frustrating part.
But lesson learned for me is to not have any expectations when doing future promotions, especially if it involves the parties that were involved with this one, including the carrier that decided to ship s2 classics directly to some customers, and regular s2's to some other customers.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I think the bigger take away is that its a crap shoot. I pre ordered on the 24th, and watched as people that pre ordered a week later got their phones before I did. So finally got phone on the 10th, submitted the same day. No email from pl/samsung/brightpoint, until after the watch was delivered on 4/2. I think the misinformation and lack of a process that one can follow, is by far the most frustrating part.
But lesson learned for me is to not have any expectations when doing future promotions, especially if it involves the parties that were involved with this one, including the carrier that decided to ship s2 classics directly to some customers, and regular s2's to some other customers.

I am not trying to be rude to you at all but you submitted on March 10th and receive a watch on 4/2 that is a little over 3 weeks the promo said 4-6 weeks, most of us are going on 9 weeks with no end near. You have no reason to complain.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I hadn't heard of anyone getting classics for this promo

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I think the bigger take away is that its a crap shoot. .

Except the TOS had the wording "First come first serve"

If the promo explicitly said that the consumer would be put into a "Drawing" for a chance to "win" a gear s2, I would still have my old phone and no device payments.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I am not trying to be rude to you at all but you submitted on March 10th and receive a watch on 4/2 that is a little over 3 weeks the promo said 4-6 weeks, most of us are going on 9 weeks with no end near. You have no reason to complain.

I was simply sharing my lesson learned and my take away and my frustration for those who are still waiting, since I have been following this thread since it was created. I was not complaining about the time it took to get mine.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Except the TOS had the wording "First come first serve"

If the promo explicitly said that the consumer would be put into a "Drawing" for a chance to "win" a gear s2, I would still have my old phone and no device payments.

Agreed, hence my stating the frustration with the process, since it turned out to be a "crap shoot" and not "First come first serve".
I would be have been with you, plus I would still have my unlimited plan.

Snow2613

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Had same issue submitted receipt approved for the S2 , then pending shipping 6 weeks later I get Email stating the they could not verify the code will be shipping VR Gear instead, still waiting.
As a Samsung customer I am disappointed to say the least, I had bought several TVs a Refrigerator and several galaxy phones over the years. On principal I will never buy another Samsung product again if this is how they treat their customers with lies and deception for a meager few dollars per customer which will same them millions on their end
I am not a gamer and therefore have no need for the VR Gear . As far as I am concern they can donate the cost of my VR gear to some needy Charitable Organization.

I This promotion Is a bait and switch which is normally illegal in the state of CT, On principle there should be a class action law suit for what they are doing.

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Fedex tracker just updated. I should definitely receive delivery tomorrow.
Submitted 3/19
Approval email 4/7

Posted via the Silver Slacker

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
So I pressed the contact us button on the promo page and sent the an email just for the heck of it. I knew I'd just get a copy paste response but was hoping maybe I'd get lucky. Lol. Anyways I'm just waiting on a gear vr. Submitted 3/12 and approved 3/22. For some reason I was given an estimated ship date of 4/30 even though people who submitted after me were given earlier ship dates. And I've seen people way earlier in this thread who submitted after me and recieved their vr a month ago. So anyways this is the copy paste response I got in my email 3 days later.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your patience. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your delivery Everything is good on this end. Your estimated shipping date and tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please note that tracking numbers will not be available until packages are actually shipped. If you have received a confirmation of approval email but you do not see an estimated shipping date in the Submission Status Tool, we ask that you please check back after a few days as your estimated shipping date must be calculated. We cannot make any changes to the estimated shipping date, including expediting or holding delivery for any reason.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

And this is what my promo page has shown for a while now. With an estimated ship date over a week ago.
13131250_1079855065415575_3741247328603907780_o.jpg

This is getting old checking into this every day.

Isaac Levin

May 9, 2016
Visit site
In the same boat with most people (Location code says I can't get the watch, switched to a VR without notifying me, got a VR in the mail day after I was told I was getting a watch) and talked with PL today. They are forwarding my case to Samsung. I mentioned that this equates to me that there is no chance I am getting anything out of it. Supervisor (I went up three levels) said that is their protocol currently. This is pretty bait and switchy to me.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
PL supervisor called me back after a few days and I explained the whole thing in a friendly way and still got no more answers than the last supervisor, difference being he was polite and tried to sound understanding of what I went through vs the other was just rude to me. He confirmed for sure I was location rejected. PL can't do anything more for me because of this even though I was misled from the time before I even ordered the phone. I have no basis to argue since it was a valid rejection. I was just hoping to get more insight as to why things happened the way they did but PL has no interest in explaining this apparently. So hang in there if you're expecting a callback, it does seem to happen, at least in my case, in about 3 business days.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Fedex tracker just updated. I should definitely receive delivery tomorrow.
Submitted 3/19
Approval email 4/7

Posted via the Silver Slacker

congrats. still stuck at pending submitted on the 10th. was told over the phone I was already past the 8 weeks and should seen movement last week. ughh this getting old.

Posted via the Android Central App

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
won't do any good, but messaged their facebook page.

"I would ask about the status of my GearS2 claim, but I know there is no point. I have emailed and called numerous times and are given a different made up response every time. I just wanted to let you know that I will never participate in another PrizeLogic promotion ever again. I am sure companies will second guess using PrizeLogic to handle any of their promotions after they read the hundreds of pages of complaints that are flooding the message boards. I submitted the day that the S7 was released. I have waited almost 9 weeks since submitting without and kind of delivery or tracking notification. Meanwhile, customers who submitted WEEKS after me have already received their watch. What kind of promotion company thinks that this is the right way of handling a promotion?"

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
What I find interesting is that Samsung is promoting the vr gear on Google, and they want you to place an order!..there are soooo many people waiting to receive the vr gear they ordered through the Samsung Promotion..I am sorry! this makes no sense!.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here for me this is bs, I filed the 9th of March here we are 2 months later and nothing, jus shipping pending, if I don't see anything this week I'm filing a complaint against Verizon, Samsung and prize logic, I will get a gear s2 weather from the store or Samsung, I'm done waiting especially when I filed it said 4-6 weeks

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Interestingly I just checked the status page and my tracking number is now listed. I should get my package Wednesday...I'm still not 100% confident of what's in it yet.

I'm also thinking of trying to "upgrade" to the classic if I do get my S2.