Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
""What process did you go through to accomplish this? I have made several calls to PrizeLogic, Verizon and Samsung. I have not had much success so I wondered what your approach was. Thanks.""

@XX_Bishop_XX
I had called several times and verified that the S2 was going to be shipped. Then I received the email indicating the VR would be shipped instead. I called and waited on hold until I could talk to a supervisor, who said my location code was not valid. I said that no location code was required blah blah blah. I let her know that I would accept the $200 eCert, and she asked how I knew about that. Let her know that the forums have mentioned it. She put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said I was approved for the eCert . I received the cert 4 days later. The key, I think, is that you have to actually talk to to a supervisor, not wait for a call back. Good luck!

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
""What process did you go through to accomplish this? I have made several calls to PrizeLogic, Verizon and Samsung. I have not had much success so I wondered what your approach was. Thanks.""

@XX_Bishop_XX
I had called several times and verified that the S2 was going to be shipped. Then I received the email indicating the VR would be shipped instead. I called and waited on hold until I could talk to a supervisor, who said my location code was not valid. I said that no location code was required blah blah blah. I let her know that I would accept the $200 eCert, and she asked how I knew about that. Let her know that the forums have mentioned it. She put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said I was approved for the eCert . I received the cert 4 days later. The key, I think, is that you have to actually talk to to a supervisor, not wait for a call back. Good luck!

I did call and wait for a supervisor and she just said I am $%^& out of luck, location reject, period. Ecert? You !@#$%^& kidding me?! OK so she didn't say in those words exactly, but that's the gist. I waited for a callback from another supervisor - sorry I empathize but location rejected, nothing we can do, no ecert for you. I think you just got lucky or caught them at the right time before some memo went out telling supervisors to stop it.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This promotion is so screwed-up! We're talking Verizon & Samsung....two seasoned mega giants....this isn't their first rodeo. The shocking part for me is that they just don't seem to care. I can't help but think that there is more going on here. Especially since Verizon is showing the Gear S2 as 'sold out' and Samsung has removed the Verizon version from their online site. I'm hoping I get one before they really are out of them. Bummed.

Yeah, I don't think the Verizon S2 was ever on there. That's why I've had my fingers crossed for actually getting my S2 instead of a VR and ecert.

chrimen

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine was delivered today.

I was one of the people who submitted on 3/12 with a code denied then 4/7 accepted email.

They're slow and they've handled it poorly but you guys should be getting yours soon.

Now I have the longest 5 - 6 hours ahead of me before I can be at home...

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I've been lurking this thread for about a month now, thought I would finally chime in. I preordered an S7 and an S7 Edge on Verizon's website on 3/7. I received them and submitted for two Gear S2s on 3/11. I received two conformation emails (duplicate) thanking me for submitting. I then received two approval emails (duplicate) on 4/7. Not satisfied I went to the promotions page and emailed PrizeLogic through the "contact us" link on 4/23. I received a canned response on 4/24. Then on 5/5 I received the same activation email as everyone else here. It is 5/11 now, still no action in FDM and I’m still pending on the promo status page. I’m not so patiently waiting anymore…

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I did call and wait for a supervisor and she just said I am $%^& out of luck, location reject, period. Ecert? You !@#$%^& kidding me?! OK so she didn't say in those words exactly, but that's the gist. I waited for a callback from another supervisor - sorry I empathize but location rejected, nothing we can do, no ecert for you. I think you just got lucky or caught them at the right time before some memo went out telling supervisors to stop it.

I had received that response 2x previously. I just kept trying, since I knew several people had received the eCert. They could see from my receipt that the purchase was online with Verizon, and I should get the S2. The supervisors name was Carlie (Or Karlie, or whatever spelling). Since the PL story changes on a daily basis, it is hard to know what will work.

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
actually on its way. label created yesterday. in transit today, arriving friday.

For those who submitted before me - Sorry its bull****.

Complete and utter B******t for those who ordered early and are still waiting. My opinion even the ecert solution ain't a solution. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread still.

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get anything from this promo. Submitted on 3/12. And reading others responses from PL makes it sound like they don't care about this any more. Basically all they are telling anyone now is you have to wait 8 weeks before they will even bother looking into it. Once the 8 week mark rolls around it will just be another excuse then eventually it will just be "sorry but that promo is over nothing we can do". The end. This promo is the only reason I convinced my wife to upgrade her phone.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get anything from this promo. Submitted on 3/12. And reading others responses from PL makes it sound like they don't care about this any more. Basically all they are telling anyone now is you have to wait 8 weeks before they will even bother looking into it. Once the 8 week mark rolls around it will just be another excuse then eventually it will just be "sorry but that promo is over nothing we can do". The end. This promo is the only reason I convinced my wife to upgrade her phone.

same here she actually wanted to wait for the new htc phone we had the m8 before and both loved them. but somehow managed to convince her. It just sucks for people who pre-ordered getting shafted with this long wait. I hope we do get them though

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Think I'm at the point of giving up and maybe switching carriers since Verizon lied about this said 4 weeks when I did it now been over two months, they won't be happy when I cancel all 10 lines on my account and go somewhere else but owell I guess, nothing and filed the 9th of march

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Think I'm at the point of giving up and maybe switching carriers since Verizon lied about this said 4 weeks when I did it now been over two months, they won't be happy when I cancel all 10 lines on my account and go somewhere else but owell I guess, nothing and filed the 9th of march

Mannnnnnnnnn that ish cray!! I don't have 10 lines but I totally agree. Submitted 3/10 and have nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11