Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
5 weeks today since my 4/7 Approval email. (Submitted 3/11) Nothing in FDM, no email, no status update, no S2 in sight. Bummed.

Same thing here. Submitted 3/11 was told my approval was 3/13 but when they screwed up they changed it to the blanket approval date of 4/7 and nothing anywhere, still shipping date pending. Because the once in a while the shipping status going to in route, no changes.

I agree with the post that said that some of us pre-orders paperwork got lost between going from PL to the Distribution Center because strange how so many people have been getting their S2's who submitted after us and some who submitted the same time as us but the same group that never got a ship date and have been pending have no movement or change.

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Just made my weekly Friday call to PL. Submitted 3/10 for an S2, updated on web to "shipped" in early April, but then back to pending. Received approval email on 4/18, and the "activate your Gear S2" email on 5/5.

Agent had no new info, other than I should receive it by 5/30, and I have to wait until then before I can escalate it. Couldn't confirm whether I'm getting the S2 or VR, but "everything looks good on our end." I managed not to laugh.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
So I finally decided to create an account to give my progress. After being the same boat as many of you I called prize logic and here is how the conversation went. I asked what day they have me down as submitted I was told 3/9 I then asked when I was approved I was told 3/12 I then asked why I have no update in status since its been past the revised time period of 6 to 8 weeks. I was put on hold. A few minutes later she comes back on the phone and said it is 6 to 8 weeks from the time I received the email on 4/7 at this point I pretty lost it and told her how my brother submitted 3/17 and already received his weeks ago. She had no answers and was really rude I said thanks for nothing and hung up. I fear I will get nothing now........

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone getting VR's shipped to them anymore? My "estimated shipping date" was May 8th. That has come and gone with no movement in FDM. Just curious if they are even still sending them out.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone getting VR's shipped to them anymore? My "estimated shipping date" was May 8th. That has come and gone with no movement in FDM. Just curious if they are even still sending them out.
I was thinking the same thing....we haven't seen a VR shipment confirmed on here in a while (except, sadly, to those who thought they were getting S2s a few weeks ago). Maybe it would be too confusing to Brightpoint to send out two different types of boxes at the same time.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

My parents VR claim had a 5/8 ship date and they got it this last weekend I think. I went over there on Sunday for Mother's Day and they gave it to me because they had no use for it. Lol. They didn't really want it but the ATT agent just submitted the claim for them when they went in to get a SIM card issue figured out after they got the phone.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
No more than 300,000 Gear VRs are available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability). I just love the' first-come, first-served' portion of this...They can always cling to the 'while supplies last' issue, but they can't get around all the proof we have on here that they did NOT follow the FIFO part. I'm wondering how much 'supply' is remaining? <<not feeling so sure I'm getting an S2 at this point.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my reply. It was as useless as I had imagined.

"Thank you for following up. You are approved to receive the Gear S2 watch offer! At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email."

My reply
"What I don't understand is why orders are being shipped out in reverse order of when they were submitted. I submitted 9 weeks ago and others who submitted weeks after me have already received their gift. It seems logical that orders would be shipped out in the order they were submitted"

Their reply
"Orders are processed in the order in which they are received, however, availability of gifts is also a factor in the shipping time frame."

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
That “First come first serve” bit is the next thing I’d like some answers for. Every time I call PL they have no real answer for that. All they ever say is that they sent off the information to “their fulfillment company” and that’s it.

I’m a 3/9 submitter and at this point I’m wondering when I’ll be able to convince PL just to give me e-cert equivalents. June? July?

In my last call to PL (#wheresmysh!tWednesdays) I suggested that they audit Brightpoint to find out why they are not processing orders in a chronological matter.

I encourage everyone who calls to mention this to PL.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
just got off with them and I'm still in the 8 weeks even though I was approved on the 13th of March
the guy said oh wait you weren't approved approved until the 6th of April. wth. so two more weeks of waiting I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
My reply
"What I don't understand is why orders are being shipped out in reverse order of when they were submitted. I submitted 9 weeks ago and others who submitted weeks after me have already received their gift. It seems logical that orders would be shipped out in the order they were submitted"

Their reply
"Orders are processed in the order in which they are received, however, availability of gifts is also a factor in the shipping time frame."
I don't understand what this means. They are NOT processing orders in the order they are received! Also, what is this new excuse about 'availablity of gifts'? Are they seriously going to get to us & then say they are all out of 'gifts'?

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking for awhile but held off posting until I had done some digging on my own order.

I pre-ordered two S7 Edges the morning they went live on Verizonwireless.com. Got those phones within a day or so and got everything setup just fine. Submitted all my paperwork the same day and got an email confirming as such.

Approved 03/23/2016 (12:46pm Central)

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear VR to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is May 8, 2016.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus tells me the following

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016

After the date presented arrived and left I decided to reach out to PrizeLogic via Facebook.

Thank you for reaching out. To further assist you, please provide the device IMEI number found in your phone's settings to review your status. Once we have this, we should be able to provide an update.

After providing a screengrab of the required information I was given the prompt reply:

Thank you for following up. You are approved to receive the Gear VR Headset offer! At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email.

So again, I know I'm not bringing anything "new" to the table other than I am one of those who was given a Mothers day (05/08) shipping window that is still being reflected despite 96 hours passing by.

I see lots of people talking about FDM which I can only assume is the FedEx Delivery Manager - where exactly are people seeing information related to this exactly?

lumns84

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it mattered when you submitted them if it was before April 7th when most of us got that "approved email"

The first 3/8-11 are on the bottom and the rest fell on top.

On April 7th they reviewed all of them top to bottom, sent out approval email and then that's when our 6-8 weeks started.

Apparently either they printed out each submission or their system doesn't have a sort function

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on 3/10 received an approval email 3/19 , but when I spoke to PL they said I wasn't approved until 4/14 a day that I never received an email from them...

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My reply

Their reply

I just sent a reply. We will see what excuse they come up with next.
"The orders are most certainly NOT being processed in the order they were received. That is my frustration. If I had not received my order, due to people still ahead of me in line, that would be understandable. But I happen to know for a fact that the majority of people who submitted WEEKS AFTER me have already received their order. Now, most of the ones remaining are the ones that submitted the earliest when the promotion was first made available."

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on 3/10 received an approval email 3/19 , but when I spoke to PL they said I wasn't approved until 4/14 a day that I never received an email from them...

They told me 4/8 was my approval date, but I told them that they sent me the approval email on 4/7 (the day before). The woman seemed aggravated with me (imagine that!) and said it was actually 4/8. Doesn't it seem like during this entire debacle that they have just been making it up as they go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21