Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I believe an actual processing error has occurred at the Brightpoint end.

If you are a 3/8-11 submitter and have not received your product yet, I think you are in a very real and genuine risk of not receiving anything.

I urge you to call, email, press that contact us button and fill out the support ticket, At least once a week.

Be polite but let them know that something has gone wrong and you’re helping them. Tell your phone rep to tell their supervisor that they need to audit Brightpoint on this matter specifically.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
They told me 4/8 was my approval date, but I told them that they sent me the approval email on 4/7 (the day before). The woman seemed aggravated with me (imagine that!) and said it was actually 4/8. Doesn't it seem like during this entire debacle that they have just been making it up as they go?

Lets make this even stranger, I received the email on 4/7 (original approval date I was told was 3/13, submitted on 3/11) but they told me on the phone my final approval date after all stages of approval is 4/6 (all of a sudden when the people from 3/8-3/11 did not get them, there are stages). Where did they get 4/6 from? How did the people who got the S2's in 3 weeks time of their submit date get thru all stages of approvals and shipped so fast?? When you ask them these questions they ignore them and say your approval dated is 4/6 and you should receive it within 8 weeks from then.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking for awhile but held off posting until I had done some digging on my own order.

I pre-ordered two S7 Edges the morning they went live on Verizonwireless.com. Got those phones within a day or so and got everything setup just fine. Submitted all my paperwork the same day and got an email confirming as such.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus tells me the following

After the date presented arrived and left I decided to reach out to PrizeLogic via Facebook.

After providing a screengrab of the required information I was given the prompt reply:

So again, I know I'm not bringing anything "new" to the table other than I am one of those who was given a Mothers day (05/08) shipping window that is still being reflected despite 96 hours passing by.

I see lots of people talking about FDM which I can only assume is the FedEx Delivery Manager - where exactly are people seeing information related to this exactly?
When you sign up for the Fedex Delivery Manager, if you click on your name, then my profile, then Fedex Delivery Manager, it gives you options of the types of notifications that you want to receive. If it sets up properly, it should text or email you when a label is created for your address. It's not 100%, but it works for most.

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Correct, I usually go to the Fed Ex website and click on Access Fedex Tracking. That is where the info is. To Promathia, you are in the same situation as I am. I'll update if I have anything else coming my way.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Lets make this even stranger, I received the email on 4/7 (original approval date I was told was 3/13, submitted on 3/11) but they told me on the phone my final approval date after all stages of approval is 4/6 (all of a sudden when the people from 3/8-3/11 did not get them, there are stages). Where did they get 4/6 from? How did the people who got the S2's in 3 weeks time of their submit date get thru all stages of approvals and shipped so fast?? When you ask them these questions they ignore them and say your approval dated is 4/6 and you should receive it within 8 weeks from then.

Very nice! I totally missed that. Some of them were literally approved the next day after submission. So, you are correct, there goes the 4 levels of audit crap they've been spewing.

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Submitted 3/9, had a 5/8 shipping estimate and have received no notification of a shipment from samsung or UPS/Fedex. This whole thing is a sham.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I contacted prizelogic and I received the code. I downloaded the Netflex code and I received free Netflex. I downloaded the free games and Wow! your phone gets Hot! . Thank you for your feedback! I hope everyone receives there gifts soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I received my vr gear Today but there is no Netflex? .

When did you submit and what was your estimated shipping date?

I'm 3/12 with a ship date of 4/30 yet I still don't have mine. With the excuses being used now I'm pretty sure there's a group of us that are going to get the shaft and get nothing. PL is setting the stage for that now with what they are saying.

aspeckman

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for 850(including tax) from Walmart.com on May 1st 2016. I signed up with StraightTalk on 5/8/2016.
The promo said this
STRAIGHT TALK GEAR VR OFFER1
Valid Promotion Dates:
4/20/16 – 5/15/16 for Walmart.com customers
5/6/16 – 5/15/16 for StraightTalk.com customers
Purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 at StraightTalk.com or walmart.com and receive a Gear VR powered by Oculus– an estimated $100* value. Limited time only, while supplies last.

I submitted the IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC Address here along with my Walmart.com receipt(PDF) off my order.
https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/straighttalkgearvr/en-us/Upload

It told me this
INVALID IMEI/HEX MEID CODE

We are unable to validate the IMEI and/or Wi-Fi MAC address you entered. If you have verified that the information you entered is correct, and believe your device is an eligible device, please click the “Start Your Appeal” button below and your information will be submitted into a secondary validation process. Secondary validation could take up to 6 weeks from the date of appeal for verification.

That is a big chunk of change and followed the rules to get rejected.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I submitted on 3/11. I contacted pl and I was told that I would receive the free Netflex because of the entry date. I would contact pl and address the same issue. Don't give up, you might receive it! GOOD LUCK!

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting! Filed the 9th of March lol and only got the generic emails like people, nothing on status page jus shipping pending, and nothing in fedex, wish I could be one of those people that jus get it without notification, my wife did a promotion thru Verizon for soemthing different and already got hers weeks ago

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
This has been a very frustrating promotion!.Keep checking your status and call pl for updates . I was in a state of shock when I received a tracking number. I hope you received your items soon!.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
This has been a very frustrating promotion!.Keep checking your status and call pl for updates . I was in a state of shock when I received a tracking number. I hope you received your items soon!.

checking the status is kinda pointless. I've had it change multiple times to in route then back to pending. and calling them does nothing but aggravate people even more as they don't know what is going on.

jysand

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Also submitted 3/9 and stuck on "pending"

this was my last message to PL and Samsung

Can we at least narrow down what year this will happen? Or should I pre-order the s8 so I can also never receive the s3 watch?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm done with reaching out to S/PL/V.....they've taken a new stance. Seems that they now have 'f#c& off' as the customer service they offer. I'm hoping some day a Gear S2 arrives on my doorstep, but I'm not so confident as a few weeks ago. Not sure which is worse, a constant flow of inaccurate info, or being told to go find someone who cares. I will give details later, but it was pretty final. They sure make it sound good when they post those ads & make the offers. I admit I was reeled in & happily took the bait. Naive to think I was getting what I thought was an honest deal? Maybe. Eyes wide open just stinks sometimes.
Submitted 3/11, Approval email 4/7, latest suggested ship date: sometime the first part of June if supplies are available.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm done with reaching out to S/PL/V.....they've taken a new stance. Seems that they now have 'f#c& off' as the customer service they offer. I'm hoping some day a Gear S2 arrives on my doorstep, but I'm not so confident as a few weeks ago. Not sure which is worse, a constant flow of inaccurate info, or being told to go find someone who cares. I will give details later, but it was pretty final. They sure make it sound good when they post those ads & make the offers. I admit I was reeled in & happily took the bait. Naive to think I was getting what I thought was an honest deal? Maybe. Eyes wide open just stinks sometimes.
Submitted 3/11, Approval email 4/7, latest suggested ship date: sometime the first part of June if supplies are available.

This is so disappointing! The one time I actually go for a promo I get the shaft. I upgraded because getting the watch was a steal of a deal. Contacting either of them has been a complete waste. If they are saying if supplies are available then it's going to open an even bigger complaint from me. It's a shame that I probably won't do another promo because of this horrible experience.

Submitted 3/10
Approval email 3/19
PL says Approval 4/14

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance