Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with reaching out to S/PL/V.....they've taken a new stance. Seems that they now have 'f#c& off' as the customer service they offer. I'm hoping some day a Gear S2 arrives on my doorstep, but I'm not so confident as a few weeks ago. Not sure which is worse, a constant flow of inaccurate info, or being told to go find someone who cares. I will give details later, but it was pretty final. They sure make it sound good when they post those ads & make the offers. I admit I was reeled in & happily took the bait. Naive to think I was getting what I thought was an honest deal? Maybe. Eyes wide open just stinks sometimes.
Submitted 3/11, Approval email 4/7, latest suggested ship date: sometime the first part of June if supplies are available.

If supplies aren't available then they shouldn't have approved any more people for S2's. They know how many watches they had and they know how many people submitted. Of course, that type of inventory management would be responsible and professional, so I don't know why I'd expect that out of PL...

gregorylkelly

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
One of the main reasons I purchased the S7 instead of the BlackBerry Priv was because of the Gear promotion. Now I'm sitting here still waiting for the promotion that was one of the major factors for my phone purchase, regretting every buying a Samsung device. Sure, I love my S7, but if I don't receive my promised gear vr, then I will absolutely never buy another Samsung device again. This whole experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Samsung. Id even go as far as to say that I probably wouldn't purchase another Samsung TV as well. Sure, the quality is great, but the price is high and there are other options from companies that haven't ever screwed me over.

Thanks for nothing Samsung!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Also submitted 3/9 and stuck on "pending"

this was my last message to PL and Samsung

Can we at least narrow down what year this will happen? Or should I pre-order the s8 so I can also never receive the s3 watch?

That made my day ;).

I know it is frustrating for everyone. But the people who pre ordered and submitted it between 3/8-3/11 and never received an estimated ship date and were told 2 different dates for approval (the real one and the blanket 4/7 date to cover their a>>). We are in the shipment pending loop. We know our paperwork is lost somewhere and nobody looks into itt or seems to care. We have called Verizon, Samsung, PL and are told to be patient and wait, we will receive them by June 1st. We watch those who submitted after us receiving their S2's, some after only submitting 3 weeks earlier or at least tracking information and we are happy for you, but it pisses us off to no end.

9 weeks later it seems crazy that nobody at PL, Verizon, Samsung would call the distribution center and say hey where are the S2's for these people who keep calling us and should have had them weeks ago. Then if they realized the paperwork got lost or messed up they can tell us, yes there was a mix up and we are fixing it, it can take another 3 weeks but at least then we would know that they know we exist!!!! Sorry had to have my Friday vent (another week down) BTW submitted 3/11 for 2 S2's.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That made my day ;).

I know it is frustrating for everyone. But the people who pre ordered and submitted it between 3/8-3/11 and never received an estimated ship date and were told 2 different dates for approval (the real one and the blanket 4/7 date to cover their a>>). We are in the shipment pending loop. We know our paperwork is lost somewhere and nobody looks into itt or seems to care. We have called Verizon, Samsung, PL and are told to be patient and wait, we will receive them by June 1st. We watch those who submitted after us receiving their S2's, some after only submitting 3 weeks earlier or at least tracking information and we are happy for you, but it pisses us off to no end.

9 weeks later it seems crazy that nobody at PL, Verizon, Samsung would call the distribution center and say hey where are the S2's for these people who keep calling us and should have had them weeks ago. Then if they realized the paperwork got lost or messed up they can tell us, yes there was a mix up and we are fixing it, it can take another 3 weeks but at least then we would know that they know we exist!!!! Sorry had to have my Friday vent (another week down) BTW submitted 3/11 for 2 S2's.

I think the most irritating thing about this is that this is an EASILY fixable situation but instead of someone taking responsibility and just fixing it, everyone is just pointing fingers at someone else and doing nothing to actually address the issue...

mrose5809

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking a while and wanted to post my experience.

3/11: Submitted (2) requests for Gear S2
3/23: Submission Approved – Got the status that “It was approved, shipment pending”.
- No email was sent to me
- Early April Status Changed Multiple Times
- I sent multiple emails and made multiple calls to PL, which did nothing.
4/7: Got general “Your Approved Email”
- Sometime after the status changed back to what is was on 3/23.

Since then it has been stuck in the “Pending Shipment” status. I have called PL every week, each time usually a different story from them. Two people actually said they saw the 5/23 approval then both recanted… everyone else said no, the only approval occurred on 4/6. Before today, everyone was also “able to see and confirm that I would indeed receive two watches” and that they will ship 6-8 weeks from 4/6.

Today when I called and the rep said “There was an update to the system so we can no longer see what gift you are getting, sorry”. I asked to speak with a manager as I am concerned that the watches won’t be available and people that submitted after me received their gifts. After being on hold a while, the rep got back on and said “my supervisor was able to confirm you will get 2 watches”. Not that I believe a word they say.

On top of that, I move the first part of June and they won’t update my address! UGH. I don’t trust a word they say. I really believe they royally F’d up and lost a ton of orders. Now they are saying that it will be 6-8 weeks and I guarantee that in 8 weeks they will say “Sorry, we are all out of stock”. I will be calling Samsung and VZW… at this point I’d rather them give me the $200 eCerts so I know at least I will get something.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been FB msg with PL and Samsung this morning, I've complained, sent them all of my information and screenshot of all of the bs emails that have come to me with a date and time stamp for all. I'll let you know the outcome when I hear back from them again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
It’s cool that long time lurkers are posting.

I urge everyone who has not shared their submission info to just make a quick post about the day you’ve submitted, especially if your date is somewhere between 3/8-11 and you selected the S2. I swear something went wrong, we just need more data points to start extrapolation.

Well that’s the end of week 9 for me, 2 months and 4 days. And nothing.

abrush

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking a while and wanted to share my story

3/11: Submitted for Gear S2
3/13: Submission Approved – Got the status that It was approved, shipment pending
No email was sent to me
Early April Status Changed to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route"
4/14 received approved Email
changed back to Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.
Shipping Date Estimate: Pending
May 5 got generic Verizon offer activate your Samsung Gear S2

Since then it has been stuck in the “Approved Pending Shipment” status. 2 weeks ago I called PL and the lady that I spoke with said that she saw i submitted on 3/11, approval on 3/13 and the 6 - 8 weeks would be up at the end of this week. She stated if i did not receive it by this week to call back. She did say that I was approved for the Gear S2 and when i asked since it was taking so long if they would run out of the watches she stated that my watch was already approved and set aside for me it was just being processed for shipment.

So I still haven't received my watch so I called back again and now the lady said that I wasn't approved on 3/13 but was approved when I got my email approval on 4/14 and that it would be 6-8 weeks after that. When I asked why the story changed and there were a lot of people who submitted a week or 2 after me that already received their watches or VR she got very rude and did not answer.

Every day that passes and bs that I'm told by PL just pisses me off more and more. I swear this is the most mismanaged promotion and I don't know how they have contracts with Samsung or other large companies

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
It’s cool that long time lurkers are posting.

I urge everyone who has not shared their submission info to just make a quick post about the day you’ve submitted, especially if your date is somewhere between 3/8-11 and you selected the S2. I swear something went wrong, we just need more data points to start extrapolation.

Well that’s the end of week 9 for me, 2 months and 4 days. And nothing.

I am the 12th and still nothing but bs so unfortunately it's just a waiting game. Tomorrow marks my 9th week.

Somewhere on planet earth!

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I really do sympathize with you guys. My wait was 5 weeks from 4/7 exactly.

I submitted 3/18 so it was 7 almost 8 weeks from submitting that I received my S2.

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am the 12th and still nothing but bs so unfortunately it's just a waiting game. Tomorrow marks my 9th week.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Yep. 13th and still waiting as well. But they "guaranteed" over FB message that I was getting 2 S2's... Yeah. We'll see.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
PL told me not to call back until my 8th week. Submitted 3-18, approved 3-31. Been in pending status, approved, awaiting shipping since that date. Only email was to remind me of the game bundle. Im waiting on a Gear VR that a lot of people who have received in ADDITION to the watch

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
On top of that, I move the first part of June and they won’t update my address! UGH. I don’t trust a word they say. I really believe they royally F’d up and lost a ton of orders. Now they are saying that it will be 6-8 weeks and I guarantee that in 8 weeks they will say “Sorry, we are all out of stock”. I will be calling Samsung and VZW… at this point I’d rather them give me the $200 eCerts so I know at least I will get something.
MRose5809...I think that if you sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager, there's an option to have your deliveries sent to a different/new address and/or held for pickup. If I were planning to move, I would try it.

mrose5809

May 13, 2016
Visit site
MRose5809...I think that if you sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager, there's an option to have your deliveries sent to a different/new address and/or held for pickup. If I were planning to move, I would try it.

I read other ppl inquired and FedEx said that you cannot change delivery settings for these shippments and all changes have to come from the shipper. PL wont allow me to change my address and just advise to update my forwarding address with USPS ... which will do nothing with FedEx deliveries. When I told them that they just said to have the new resident forward it to me. Sigh.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I read other ppl inquired and FedEx said that you cannot change delivery settings for these shippments and all changes have to come from the shipper. PL wont allow me to change my address and just advise to update my forwarding address with USPS ... which will do nothing with FedEx deliveries. When I told them that they just said to have the new resident forward it to me. Sigh.
Sorry. Of course, it just adds another layer of debacle to this entire process.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
PL told me not to call back until my 8th week. Submitted 3-18, approved 3-31. Been in pending status, approved, awaiting shipping since that date. Only email was to remind me of the game bundle. Im waiting on a Gear VR that a lot of people who have received in ADDITION to the watch
Some have received the VR in REPLACEMENT of the watch too... I think that would be even worse than not getting anything at all IMO...

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So I submitted my claim on 3/16 with it being approved shortly thereafter. Since then, I've received multiple emails about approvals and whatnot, with the weirdest one being an email congratulating me on my "new purchase" of a Gear S2 I got last week. I immediately checked my status, and it still had the same info most of you have been seeing, that my claim had been approved, they were processing my gift, but with the delivery status still pending. However, yesterday I got a text message from FedEx with shipment tracking information. I was a little confused because to my knowledge I hadn't ordered from anywhere, and when I checked it I saw a 0.9 lb packaged had been prepared, picked up, and departed from Zionsville, IN. Its delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what the heck it is but...this could finally be it, so...yay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech