Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
couple weeks ago i was supposed to receive it this week. Today, i am supposed to receive it between June 3 and 10. Apparently my 3rd approval is the date we need to go by (the one right before the mass email on april 7). I know it won't help me get my stuff any sooner but i just ripped this lady to shreds for 15 minutes.
Submitted 3/13. Fake approval 3/14.

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I've been lurking for awhile, but here's my story.

I submitted March 8 for two S2's, I didn't hear anything back until the mass email on April 7. Although the status on the website changed multiple times during that time frame. I'm now stuck with the shipment date pending status and can get absolutely no information from Prize Logic about what is taking so long. They gave me the story about a third party doing the distribution and they don't know anything about that but I should wait until 8 weeks from April 7 before bothering them again.

I also submitted for a VR on March 16, got my acceptance email on the March 22 with a shipping date of May 8. It's now May 17 and I have not seen any sign of that, either. The website still shows a shipping date of May 8. Their incompetence is astounding, but if Samsung and Verizon don't care about what's happening I'm not sure what to do about it.

ybrian

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Another call with prize logic and another bs answer. I spoke with a supervisor today and she stated she would escalate my claim to Tier 2. They are supposedly above them and can expedite my claim since I am now at 8 weeks and no movement.

Submitted 3/10
Approved 3/22

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Another call with prize logic and another bs answer. I spoke with a supervisor today and she stated she would escalate my claim to Tier 2. They are supposedly above them and can expedite my claim since I am now at 8 weeks and no movement.

Submitted 3/10
Approved 3/22
:eek: oooh tier 2 claim.. That's a new one.

Maybe tier 1 is where the “supervisor” while on the phone with you calls the Brightpoint person and together while on the phone someone puts a watch in a box and seals and labels it and then hand delivers it to a FedEx facility.

Oh wait. PL has no contact with Brightpoint. They just place an order and hope that it happens. Like when I order off of Alibaba

Last edited:

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After getting switched to the VRs, calling, complaining, and so forth...I also was given 3 $200.00 eCerts..bought 2 regular S2s and one Classic S2...Samsung F'd up the free promo for an extra watchband for the classic...called 3 times..was told they were gonna take care of it...then the last time the rep said, and I quote "there's NOT NO MORE we can do about it...that promo is over." Told them yes, they could do something by sending me a return label..lol I sent back the Classic and said F Samsung...

I really hope everyone that they are telling to wait another 8 weeks gets their S2...but, sadly, I have a feeling they are gonna tell you in 8 weeks that they "ran out", and you will be lucky if you even get a VR. I really hope I'm wrong, but after dealing will all parties involved..I would not trust a thing they are saying..the old joke, "How do you tell if a politician is lying?... Their lips are moving.. applies in this case...just substitute PL or Samsung for the word politician.

I know a few of you are waiting for VRs..if that is what you requested, and are still waiting...PM me if you are interested in getting one for only shipping costs...I got 3 of them..used one...gave one to a friend...the other is sitting in the box unopened. UNLIKE PL and Samsung...It will be first come, first served...lol

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Submitted 3/10
Approved 3/22

ooooooo that is lucky. When i spoke to them earlier, i left this part out before, i was told that there were no managers on duty nor were there supervisors. They managers and supervisors had no phone numbers. The managers or supervisors had no email. The managers or supervisors "had no names". Yes, that is a direct quote and you just read that correctly.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Good Morning,

Another day down, 3/11 submit, 3/13 1st approval date, 4/7 approval letter date and still waiting, still pending nothing in FDM.

After going over the post from this site again I have noticed that those of us in the 3/9-3/11 dates who never received a estimated ship date, not one of us have been lucky enough to receive it or tracking info in FDM. This scares me a bit. People are receiving it but nobody who has been in our boat.

There have been a couple of early submitters that did receive their S2 without getting the runaround, although few and rare and no rhyme or reason.... submitted 3/9 and 3/10 rec'd 4/2 and 4/16

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I just want one of us in the 3/9-3/11 time frame who never received an estimated ship date or has had anything so far in FDM to open up FDM this week and have a .9 package waiting to go out to them. I then will believe that they found our lost paperwork and we will all start to get them. This has not happened since the beginning of April.

SMastro3

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Don't let this monstrosity of a screw-up make you feel like you are missing out on the greatest thing ever created since sliced bread guys. Yes, the S2 is a pretty nice device. But after all the waiting and finally getting it last Wednesday, I felt let down thinking I was getting a James Bond type of watch with a laser beam and mini saw, etc. All the waiting got me way over-hyped for it haha.

But hang in there everyone, have faith that it will come for you someday.

jysand

May 13, 2016
Visit site
After 2 months of begging them for help through IM on facebook PL told me this.

Prizelogic
5/3, 8:32am
Prizelogic
Hi Josh, after further review of your submission, we do want to apologize for the delay. The receipt we have reviewed does not specifically provide information related to an online purhcase and is likely the reason your shipment is delayed. If you can please provide a full clear photo of your purchase receipt, we can review it today and have your submission updated.

I sent them another copy of my receipt and got this

Prizelogic
5/3, 3:40pm
Prizelogic
Hi Josh, thank you for following up with this receipt. You have been approved to receive the Gear S2 watch offer! At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email.

So now they are telling me that I have to wait 8 weeks from May 3rd.

But, its ok, cause they'll email me updates. I told them that there is no way they can get me to believe that they'll update me by email. I wouldn't believe it if I actually GOT an email with updates. I would automatically assume it to be spam or phishing since I've never seen them send an email.

Also, have this status
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

mzceetee

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
i did a screenshot of my email from tmobile. i wasnt sure if that would work or not, so i emailed the customer service for that promo site. they replied and said it will be acceptable

Exactly how I submitted mines ,screenshot my tmobile agreement email, I believe you are good like she said.. Received my gear last month.

Posted via the Android Central App via Gold S7 Edge

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
In your status page with PL did you have an estimated ship date?

My status page never changed from "shipment pending" until after they were delivered... tracking number showed up after it was delivered 2 weeks later...... Fed Ex alerted me they were in route... never received email or anything from PL

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Would be awesome if AC did some sort of article on this, perhaps tried to get a statement from PL, Samsung, etc. A little press might go a long way to helping resolve this. You know that for everyone here who has been delayed, there are probably thousands of other customers out there in the same boat.

Submitted 3/10. Yes, still "pending".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678