Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
So, did we really just go a week with no S2's (or VR's for that matter) delivered?? Or did I just miss some posts earlier this week?

someone over on reddit said he got both his vr's yesterday with no tracking number email or status change. so hope is kept alive for now

Posted via the Android Central App

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Still nothing here yet, filed 9th of March got a approval a few days later, nothing yet, but also have a different approval for 4/18 also

submitted on the 10th approved 13th second approval 7th of April still nothing. so your not alone. I'll be calling back Monday

77Pat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Bought an s7 from tmobile around 3/14-3/15. Received confirmation of my claim, and approval in email. Saw that estimated ship date was 4/30 and forgot about it. Went to check status and it said that it was pending. Figured I would receive a tracking email, I put at the back of my mind. Received email to claim free games April. Remembered about it early May. Checked status and it had a tracking number. Said it was delivered 4/27. I never received tracking or package. Was the gear vr in a plain box or Samsung?

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
at this point fedex is really trolling me! whenever I see them. they stop right in front of my house and sit there for a few minutes and then leave ughhhh. they know I'm waiting! jerks lol

tedkord

May 9, 2011
Visit site
someone over on reddit said he got both his vr's yesterday with no tracking number email or status change. so hope is kept alive for now

That's how my Gear S2 arrived. I got the shipment email and tracking info two days after it was delivered. Keep the faith, it'll happen.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
That's how my Gear S2 arrived. I got the shipment email and tracking info two days after it was delivered. Keep the faith, it'll happen.

I'm trying. Happy you got yours. did you ever get a notification from fedex or did you not sign up for that?

Zalsaphor

May 19, 2016
Visit site
How long did everyone's take from registering to read Irving the VR ? Also time between registering and being dispatched? Swear I've been waiting 1.5 months and it's still processing

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Bought an s7 from tmobile around 3/14-3/15. Received confirmation of my claim, and approval in email. Saw that estimated ship date was 4/30 and forgot about it. Went to check status and it said that it was pending. Figured I would receive a tracking email, I put at the back of my mind. Received email to claim free games April. Remembered about it early May. Checked status and it had a tracking number. Said it was delivered 4/27. I never received tracking or package. Was the gear vr in a plain box or Samsung?

I'd contact them, I'm worried about mine being stolen and they said if it is file a police report and send it to them and they will replace

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Verizon today and complained about the promotion because I pre-ordered my device the minute their pre-order page went up. I wasn't really expecting anything but the representative offered to send me either the Gear VR or the Gear S2 watch for free! Granted the rep told me it was Samsung's promotion but since I've been with them for a while, they're sending me the promotional gift themselves. I told the rep that Prizelogic defaulted me to a Gear VR when I really wanted the Gear S2 so the rep offered to send me a Gear S2!!! What's more, she asked if I wanted the classic one or the ordinary one and I opted for the classic one, of course!!!!!! On top of that, it's overnight shipped! I'm so happy! Ecstatic actually! I checked my Verizon account afterwards and lo and behold, a Gear S2 Classic is being prepared for shipment. Thanks Verizon for actually making good with your loyal customer!!!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I contacted Verizon today and complained about the promotion because I pre-ordered my device the minute their pre-order page went up. I wasn't really expecting anything but the representative offered to send me either the Gear VR or the Gear S2 watch for free! Granted the rep told me it was Samsung's promotion but since I've been with them for a while, they're sending me the promotional gift themselves. I told the rep that Prizelogic defaulted me to a Gear VR when I really wanted the Gear S2 so the rep offered to send me a Gear S2!!! What's more, she asked if I wanted the classic one or the ordinary one and I opted for the classic one, of course!!!!!! On top of that, it's overnight shipped! I'm so happy! Ecstatic actually! I checked my Verizon account afterwards and lo and behold, a Gear S2 Classic is being prepared for shipment. Thanks Verizon for actually making good with your loyal customer!!!

do you have to pay the five a month?

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
ok cool so it's not the 3g

I do not see a non-3G version on the Verizon shop. I believe it is a 3G one but the rep did not say anything about a monthly fee nor asked for my consent for extra service charge or changes to my account. Maybe they do have a non 3G version. I guess I'll find out when it arrives on Tuesday.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Did you talk to someone in a particular department or was it just your basic rep? Asking because the 2 times I've talked to them they give me the generic "it's Samsungs promotion"

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you talk to someone in a particular department or was it just your basic rep? Asking because the 2 times I've talked to them they give me the generic "it's Samsungs promotion"

Nope. I didn't ask for any particular department at all. I was shocked when I didn't even encounter any resistance at all. The rep offered it right off the bat after I said I never received the promotional item. I was put on hold for a few minutes as the rep asked for approval but it was smooth sailing. Was even surprised to be asked which S2 watch I wanted.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Nope. I didn't ask for any particular department at all. I was shocked when I didn't even encounter any resistance at all. The rep offered it right off the bat after I said I never received the promotional item. I was put on hold for a few minutes as the rep asked for approval but it was smooth sailing. Was even surprised to be asked which S2 watch I wanted.

If anyone else tries this. I hope they post here if it works.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yep. I've contacted them twice and was told the old, "it's a Samsung Promo" line. It's okay tho'. If Verizon doesn't value my longstanding business, I will go elsewhere.

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried just now they said nothing they can do. I may try to go to store this week and talk to the guy who helped me with phone issues he is nice.