Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It does not work.. they said they don't know how you were able to get someone to do that. Because that would have to come from Samsung. They attempted to escalate the process which was basically call PL and the told me if I don't get it by June 9th to contact them...

So I'm calling bs on the Verizon rep sending you anything without it coming from Samsung. I'd need a screenshots to believe it.. Also did you already have an estimated ship date? Submit and approval date?

Submitted 3-10
Email approval 3/19
PL APPROVAL 4-14

Posted via the Android Central App

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I call bs too

See post 2143 http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/651446-gear-vr-promotion-success-failure-thread-please-post-whether-you-successful-86.html#post5153211

They did it for me. I went through online chat and they had the local store hold them for me till the next morning. No I did not have a ship date.
Submitted 3/10
Approval sometime between 3/10 and 3/17
Second approval 4/7
Multiple status changes between pending ship date and order has shipped (with no date)

20160522_200347.jpg

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
It does not work.. they said they don't know how you were able to get someone to do that. Because that would have to come from Samsung. They attempted to escalate the process which was basically call PL and the told me if I don't get it by June 9th to contact them...

So I'm calling bs on the Verizon rep sending you anything without it coming from Samsung. I'd need a screenshots to believe it.. Also did you already have an estimated ship date? Submit and approval date?

Submitted 3-10
Email approval 3/19
PL APPROVAL 4-14

LOL... Okay. I don't care whether you guys believe it or not. But I was just happy is why I posted here. I actually received a couple of text messages from Verizon telling me that I will receive a tracking info when my order ships. Called Verizon just to see how the process is going and the rep just told me that it was sent to the manager at 5PM today and got approved at 6PM then sent to the Fraud Dept at 7PM and also got approved at 8PM. Basically went through the process like a normal order except that the price is $0.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
LOL... Okay. I don't care whether you guys believe it or not. But I was just happy is why I posted here. I actually received a couple of text messages from Verizon telling me that I will receive a tracking info when my order ships. Called Verizon just to see how the process is going and the rep just told me that it was sent to the manager at 5PM today and got approved at 6PM then sent to the Fraud Dept at 7PM and also got approved at 8PM. Basically went through the process like a normal order except that the price is $0.

OK! Earlier you said that you got online and sure enough you had an order that was getting overnighted to you from Verizon .. now you say it got approved at 8PM..hmmm.. if it's true congrats! I'm just saying I don't believe that's what you did and I need proof, screenshots.

jwalk87

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
See post 2143 http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/651446-gear-vr-promotion-success-failure-thread-please-post-whether-you-successful-86.html#post5153211

They did it for me. I went through online chat and they had the local store hold them for me till the next morning. No I did not have a ship date.
Submitted 3/10
Approval sometime between 3/10 and 3/17
Second approval 4/7
Multiple status changes between pending ship date and order has shipped (with no date)

View attachment 228297

In your previous post you said you called and had a 2 5 hour conversation. Now you are saying you went through chat. Difficult story to believe given the hundreds of other experiences on this thread. If this did in fact happen good for you.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OK! Earlier you said that you got online and sure enough you had an order that was getting overnighted to you from Verizon .. now you say it got approved at 8PM..hmmm.. if it's true congrats! I'm just saying I don't believe that's what you did and I need proof, screenshots.

Thank you. I didn't do anything aside from calling. No begging them for anything nor was I expecting anything. Approval by the Manager and the Fraud Department doesn't mean it wouldn't show up on the "my orders" list. I don't really need to prove myself but whatever, here's a screenshot of the "order" status....

Edit: And by the way, just because you didn't get one doesn't mean that it didn't really happen. It's pointless to argue with the reps as it's really Samsung who screwed the pooch. Oh and one more thing, I know the screenshot says shipment date was yesterday 5/22 but as per my original conversation with the rep, it's supposed to ship out today 5/23 and I will get it on 5/24 with signature required.

Screenshot_20160523-041642.jpg

Last edited:

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
In your previous post you said you called and had a 2 5 hour conversation. Now you are saying you went through chat. Difficult story to believe given the hundreds of other experiences on this thread. If this did in fact happen good for you.

Which is why I kept the details to myself to begin with as it appeared I was the only one. Whether you choose to believe or not.... your issue, not mine.

I got my two classics pictured in my post, and if I ever get the ones from the promo (not holding my breath), I will probably be selling them.

As rechvany said, I did not contact them expecting anything from Verizon. I was actually just trying to get them to put pressure on Samsung/PL as I figured they would have more sway than all of us individuals calling. They offered me watches, had them held at the local store, and credited my account for one, and had the store give the credit for the other. I never asked for that. However, I sure as heck did not turn it down either.

Basically, I just kept asking them... "What is Verizon going to do to ensure that their customers are not taken advantage of by this promotion". They handed me through two supervisory "excalations" because I was not getting the answer to that question. The final supervisor just said, why don't I just give you two S2's. I said sure and then followed up with "What is verizon doing at a management level to ensure that their customers are not being taken advantage of?" He said they had someone looking into it. I believed at the time since they were actually comping me ~$750 in S2 Classics ($370.99 each)Bill.JPG

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
4:16 A.M.?
Another week begins and still pending. Nothing in FDM. Submitted 3/11. Approval Email 4/7. En Route. Pending. In Route. Pending. No status change since 4/21.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
4:16 A.M.?
Another week begins and still pending. Nothing in FDM. Submitted 3/11. Approval Email 4/7. En Route. Pending. In Route. Pending. No status change since 4/21.

Yes, 4:16 AM as I just took that screenshot when I read the last message and posted my post a few minutes later after I obfuscated the order number from my screenshot and wrote my post. I feel your pain as I was in the same boat until I tried calling Verizon yesterday. Once again I'm making it clear, I did NOT call Verizon expecting anything like this nor did I know someone else here got a similar compensation.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I kept the details to myself to begin with as it appeared I was the only one. Whether you choose to believe or not.... your issue, not mine.

I got my two classics pictured in my post, and if I ever get the ones from the promo (not holding my breath), I will probably be selling them.

As rechvany said, I did not contact them expecting anything from Verizon. I was actually just trying to get them to put pressure on Samsung/PL as I figured they would have more sway than all of us individuals calling. They offered me watches, had them held at the local store, and credited my account for one, and had the store give the credit for the other. I never asked for that. However, I sure as heck did not turn it down either.

Basically, I just kept asking them... "What is Verizon going to do to ensure that their customers are not taken advantage of by this promotion". They handed me through two supervisory "excalations" because I was not getting the answer to that question. The final supervisor just said, why don't I just give you two S2's. I said sure and then followed up with "What is verizon doing at a management level to ensure that their customers are not being taken advantage of?" He said they had someone looking into it. I believed at the time since they were actually comping me ~$750 in S2 Classics ($370.99 each)View attachment 228330

Congrats buddy! I thought I was the only one too yesterday right after the call. Was quite ecstatic about it as I got a better deal than the promotion itself.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

I am wishing they would take care of everyone

Still leaving a bad taste for most

Too bad Verizon can't just say "Screw this, our customers are getting pissed. We need to do something." then fulfill our S2 claims directly and send Samsung a bill. lol.

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

I am wishing they would take care of everyone

Still leaving a bad taste for most

What I really hope is that Samsung and PrizeLogic get the freaking promotional items to everyone that got approved. It's not Verizon's fault. Or maybe I'm feeling a bit biased with how Verizon chose to handle my particular situation.

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Submitted my weekly status update request with PrizeLogic (Through FB Messenger), and now it's just the usual waiting game. Given that the majority of their normal "FB Content" has been hijacked by others wondering what's going on like many of us it would seem the issue is no longer contained to just a few random forums. Even Verizon Wireless has a plethora of them running rampant with issues on their customer support site.

I'll post the (usual) follow-up if/when it arrives.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Wow look at that two examples of Verizon doing the right thing.

Thank you for sharing your story. Although Kick boxer you should have shared earlier, the salt mines need to be fed!

I wonder who you two are? LOL what’s your credit score? Where do you live? That’s a level of service I’ve only had in Bethesda MD, Hilton Head SC, Weston FL.

Or did you get lucky with a new guy at the call center, or one not so new that he was powerless but new enough not to get jaded.

I have been inspired to start calling Verizon about this again. Thank you!

I’ll go with the subtle “What is Verizon going to do about this” tack

Probably not good with the “Give me my free ****” you gotta make it seem like it’s their idea.

But I have to think of a good “turn” (as they say) to get that Classic upgrade! Wow!

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I didn't do anything aside from calling. No begging them for anything nor was I expecting anything. Approval by the Manager and the Fraud Department doesn't mean it wouldn't show up on the "my orders" list. I don't really need to prove myself but whatever, here's a screenshot of the "order" status....

Edit: And by the way, just because you didn't get one doesn't mean that it didn't really happen. It's pointless to argue with the reps as it's really Samsung who screwed the pooch. Oh and one more thing, I know the screenshot says shipment date was yesterday 5/22 but as per my original conversation with the rep, it's supposed to ship out today 5/23 and I will get it on 5/24 with signature required.

View attachment 228328
I can totally see this happening, I have been a Verizon customer for a long time, and I have to say they have "comped" me items in the past when I have had issues with different aspects of their service, most of the time it just depends on who you talk too. I was fortunate with this promotion in that I submitted for the S2 on 3/9 and received it on 4/5, (one of the lucky ones). Even with that some people on here have stated that Verizon waived their activation fee on the watch, they did not for me, they did cut it in half, but they didn't waive it, so again it is just who you get on the phone and what they are willing to do for you.

Good luck to all!