Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

jysand

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I called verizon care, who sent me to sales, who sent me back to care.

They were out of black s2s so she was going to get me a silver one. I asked if she could do the s2 classic and i would pay the difference. She said no need, it let her do it without me paying. Order should be here by Wednesday

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I was also successful with getting Verizon to send me a s2 classic for free. Or at least I think I am. They gave me an order confirmation and said that it should ship today.

No success here. My rep contacted samsung who then went to Prize logic and I got the normal, blah blah blah response... Any help is welcome(on talking to verizon).

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Where is everyone located? NC here.. I'm asking because PL told me they were sending them out in batches according to location.. I'm sure it's bs.

Posted via the Android Central App
and here I was thinking PrizeLogic had run out of answers/excuses. Now at least we know what's taking so long....They were busy having to stack them by location when they had that big location code audit.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon, the rep told me it has been way too long of a wait, and he was going to contact his supervisor. He told me I should get a call back in 24-48 hours, or earlier... So we shall see if Verizon sends me watches instead of PrizeLogic... who clearly doesn't wanna get rid of any of them!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
It shouldn't be this way. It doesn't matter if you call & get a watch, or call and get no help at all....it should be the same for everyone who calls. In my opinion, this is a business transaction & should not be ultimately solved by whether the Rep is nice, or likes you, or opts to do nothing. It should all be the same. From the beginning, it has not been first come, first served and this 'upgrading & sending free watches on a whim' is not helping the fairness factor at all.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon, the rep told me it has been way too long of a wait, and he was going to contact his supervisor. He told me I should get a call back in 24-48 hours, or earlier... So we shall see if Verizon sends me watches instead of PrizeLogic... who clearly doesn't wanna get rid of any of them!

Mine didn't say anything about the wait... I told them I submitted 3/9 and that I have yet to receive my watch that I submitted the promo for. She just went to samsung...she did nothing on her end.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine didn't say anything about the wait... I told them I submitted 3/9 and that I have yet to receive my watch that I submitted the promo for. She just went to samsung...she did nothing on her end.

I submitted 3/18-I mentioned it's been over 9 weeks now. Maybe stating the time in weeks helped? No clue. I would be okay waiting if people who submitted AFTER me were still waiting... meanwhile everyone else- like you- are praying watches even show up!

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Just attempting a follow up as another two weeks have passed. My status page continues to reflect a May 8th shipping date and the initial ~8 week window closed last Wednesday.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

9:38AM

Hi ******, for device recognized by IMEI *****************4, we see the gift (gear vr) is still in process. Please allow additional time for it to be delivered to you.

The messages no longer even attempt to reinforce the items are in fact coming, just that we should wait additional time to be delivered (mine hasn't shipped).
School is ending this week for the kids so when that's over I will hopefully get some more time to keep plugging away at this. As a former wireless agent way back in the 00's though I have no clue as to what type of authority and options these customer service agents even have at this point.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I submitted 3/18-I mentioned it's been over 9 weeks now. Maybe stating the time in weeks helped? No clue. I would be okay waiting if people who submitted AFTER me were still waiting... meanwhile everyone else- like you- are praying watches even show up!

It'd been 11 weeks since my submission date. Is that the time I should use?? I don't have an actual approval date... As I never got an email ... Just what prize logic has told me...

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
It'd been 11 weeks since my submission date. Is that the time I should use?? I don't have an actual approval date... As I never got an email ... Just what prize logic has told me...

The metric I've been using is day of the week to day of the week. I got my generic email stating the submission was approved on March 23rd. Since then I have been counting weeks as Wednesday to Wednesday. 23rd > 30th > 6th and so on. I don't know if it will help you as even in my own case today marks the second 23rd of a month and I'm still no closer to even finding out a shipping window.

If you didn't get an email you could always just ballpark it by submission date. Mine was March 11th. That means this Friday will be week 11. Both options put many of us beyond the suggested 8 week window.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
So I thought I would follow in others footsteps and call Verizon. The person I talked to was very nice and I explained the situation I call PL they say call Samsung I call Samsung they say call Verizon. She said this was unacceptable so she called Samsung with me on the phone and after being put on hold for 30 minutes by Samsung I was told I would receive a call back. The Verizon rep asked for a time that I would receive the call and said she will call 30 minutes after that time. So in short I got nothing but more empty promises. It was worth a shot though. Submitted 3/9 Approved 3/12

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, my rep lied with the overnight shipping since they actually really used 2-day shipping. That's okay with me though... I never paid for the item nor the shipping anyway.

Screenshot_20160523-142649.jpg

Last edited:

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I did get another rep that thought it was stupid that I've been waiting so long. She's put a note into samsung to see if they can fulfill my watch instead of me continuing to wait. She did say that other reps said they've heard PL is on backorder and that's another reason for delay. I said Yea... We've been hearing that for weeks. And that others have received theirs yet I had an earlier submittal she said she'd either email or call once she heard back from samsung on approval... But we shall see what really happens.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
this sucks two calls over an hour and all they do is conference call with Samsung and Prizelogic and they just point fingers with no help what so ever. glad some of you could get verizon to help. 3/10 submitter

abrush

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I agree it def should be the same for everyone first submitted should get their watches/VR first. This promotion should be addressed by verizon i know that it wasn't started by them but it sure was promoted on their website and many of us wouldn't have upgraded the phone. So I submitted on 3/11 approved on 3/13 first then approved again on 4/14 and my status has changed multiple times from approved processing delivery to in route but no tracking to pending again. So after seeing a few people get some help from verizon i called and spoke with a few different people the last person said i don't know what you expect me to do, i said i expect you to honor things that were advertised on your website I might not have upgraded the phone had it not been for this promotion. She tried to call samsung and prizelogic but got tired of waiting but as we all know calling prizelogic is ultimately a waste of time because they tell us something different each time just to pacify us into waiting longer. She did end up and give me a $22.41 credit off of my bill for my inconvenience so at least it was something but they told me that they absolutely would not give the watch out cause it wasn't their promotion. Maybe if the first person would have continued to help me it could have been a different outcome though. OK rant over lol but this is going on the 11th week from submission

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree it def should be the same for everyone first submitted should get their watches/VR first. This promotion should be addressed by verizon i know that it wasn't started by them but it sure was promoted on their website and many of us wouldn't have upgraded the phone. So I submitted on 3/11 approved on 3/13 first then approved again on 4/14 and my status has changed multiple times from approved processing delivery to in route but no tracking to pending again. So after seeing a few people get some help from verizon i called and spoke with a few different people the last person said i don't know what you expect me to do, i said i expect you to honor things that were advertised on your website I might not have upgraded the phone had it not been for this promotion. She tried to call samsung and prizelogic but got tired of waiting but as we all know calling prizelogic is ultimately a waste of time because they tell us something different each time just to pacify us into waiting longer. She did end up and give me a $22.41 credit off of my bill for my inconvenience so at least it was something but they told me that they absolutely would not give the watch out cause it wasn't their promotion. Maybe if the first person would have continued to help me it could have been a different outcome though. OK rant over lol but this is going on the 11th week from submission

Everything is Pretty much the same for me except I submitted on 3/10. Nice on the credit as well. The Verizon rep I talked to yesterday said that they don't even have the watch that it would have to come from Samsung. She called PL and asked them to see if they could rush it and and PL rep said that they have no idea when it would ship and impossible to rush it. Only to call back if I have not received it by June9th.. which is insane, over 3 months by then.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else who sent an email, receive a response from the PrizeLogic managing directors? I emailed all of them a week ago and haven't gotten any responses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar