Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon and they were gonna get me one sent our so they transfer me to another guy the lady at first was really nice, the guy was a **** and said ya of course we can send one but it's gonna cost you money, so I said no it should be free with the promo deal, he said owell thats on Samsung not us we jus pushed it for them, so I got no where, called Samsung and he told me the same the the page says jus pending, called prizelogic and waited for 35 mins on hold, then finally they picked up and told me I filed the 9th,and my actual approval date was the 4/14 which it wasn't, and she should they should be sent out this week, since it's my 6th week, I asked why people that filed way after me got there's she had no explanation

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So what's the difference between the S2 and S2 Classic?
for starters, the Classic uses a regular watch band & looks like a normal watch....not a rubberized sport watch (in my opinion). The Classic doesn't have any additional features, it just looks nicer. I would upgrade if I could...it's nicer to wear in a professional setting.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
for starters, the Classic uses a regular watch band & looks like a normal watch....not a rubberized sport watch (in my opinion). The Classic doesn't have any additional features, it just looks nicer. I would upgrade if I could...it's nicer to wear in a professional setting.

Ah thanks. I thought I read that they now have regular watch bands you can put on the normal S2 though.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Ah thanks. I thought I read that they now have regular watch bands you can put on the normal S2 though.
Samsung made an adapter so you can use a regular band on the S2, but it's only available in Germany, Singapore & South Africa. I tried ordering from Germany....but they don't ship to the U.S. Apparently, neither does PrizeLogic/BrightPoint if you submitted for an S2 on 3/9-3/12.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung made an adapter so you can use a regular band on the S2, but it's only available in Germany, Singapore & South Africa. I tried ordering from Germany....but they don't ship to the U.S. Apparently, neither does PrizeLogic/BrightPoint if you submitted for an S2 on 3/9-3/12.

Or 3/13 either. (My submission date for 2)

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

And for some people on 3/18 lol

iwantmygears2

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Been lurking here for a while.

How did some people get Verizon to ship them an S2? What did you tell them?

For an S2, I submitted on 3/9, and approved 4/18.

Called Samsung, Verizon, and Prizelogic. No one could help. Verizon said it's not their problem. Prizelogic keeps telling me to wait another 4 - 6 weeks.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Welcome all new lurkers!

How did people get Verizon to send them watches?

Short answer: They got lucky.

Long answer. T H E Y G O T L U C K Y

OK seriously call Verizon tell them your story and maybe just maybe they’ll do the right thing. It will depend on what supervisor you get. But you do have to get “escalated” up two levels. The first person probably won’t have the authorization for the funds, the second person probably does but is a low level manager and thus hesitant to make any decisions alone. The third level manager can make the call to release the funds.

If you get the “back order” story just say thanks and try again later,
If you get lets call Samsung or prize logic that will lead to the back order story, say thanks and try again later.

Eventually if your LUCKY you may get a 3rd level boss who will do the right thing.

That’s my theory by the way. I wish the best of luck for all trying this method.

Last edited:

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
At this point I waited this long I am going to wait until what they say is my 8 weeks from my final approval date of 4/6, I say it is 12 weeks but whatever, I waited this long. At that point I will not let it go. I will state to Verizon that I gave it the first 4-6 weeks from my submit date of 3/11, then I gave it 8 weeks as they stated from my first approval date of 3/13, then when that past they sent me a blanket email on 4/7 for approval and gave me a final approval date after all tiers were passed of 4/6 and said I will for sure get it 6-8 weeks from then. Verizons 2nd tier supervisor spoke to prizelogic and told her I will have it by May 31st. So by June 1st if I still do not have my 2 S2's I have an appointment to stay on the phone with Verizon and can say well I gave it until the final date we were told, now you have to honor the promotion. But if I call now they have all previous notes that say that prizelogic said it will be delivered by May 31st so they won't do anything until after that.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I still haven't heard anything from my Verizon rep on contacting me once she heard something from Samsung on being able to fulfill my watch order...

Guess I'll just keep on waiting...

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I feel as though there is a lot of hostility towards the people who have received their watches from Verizon. I completely agree that is messed up how everyone gets treated differently. A few things that I did and was recommended to do by the rep who I talked to before she handed me over to the supervisor are. 1.) have all the dates submission date, approval dates and email dates. 2.) remind them that it was a first come first serve promo and that even though you submitted before (insert some made up name here) they received their device weeks ago. 3.) Before you they offer to call Samsung on a 3 way connection make sure you tell them how you have called weekly and Samsung tells you its a PL issue and PL tells you its a Samsung issue. Also emphasize that you have been placed on hold and hung up on by the other companies and express how you are grateful that Verizon is not like them.
After being told no by the first supervisor I talked to I was given back to the Rep she said call back and instead of acting like its Verizon's fault(which I did) follow the Steps above. Im not saying it should be this way because it shouldn't however its worth a shot. I also mentioned that I heard Verizon has done this for other people when the floor supervisor I talked to didnt want to ask his supervisor and sure enough it got me to the next level. I really hope everyone gets the watches this week as promised and I hope this helps.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree...I'm going to wait for the latest promised delivery date (8 weeks from 4/7). At that point, I'm done with excuses. I had one PL rep tell me (when I asked about the backorder) that there was no backorder....that they had the original 35,000 S2s sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped to us & they had no control over when 3rd part shipper decided to ship. Obviously, someone is lying. Verizon told me Samsung was in control, not Verizon & there was No Way they were sending out watches to anyone...that the posters on here were lying. Samsung told me PL was in control, not Samsung ('only the manufacturer, nothing more'). PL says the 3rd party shipper...I know we've been over this before, but wouldn't you love to hear the truth about what went wrong, instead of all this deception? Just tell us the truth, pick a story & stick with it, and treat us all the same.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So we all have been here on this forum for over 2 months venting. What are we going to o if we actually get them? Work lol.

Also where is everyone from? I am from NYC.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So we all have been here on this forum for over 2 months venting. What are we going to o if we actually get them? Work lol.

Also where is everyone from? I am from NYC.

My wife will will probably be happy that I won't be constantly checking my phone when I'm at home. lol. So, if these are all supposed to be sent by "May 31st" shouldn't they be starting to show up in our FDMs about now? Judging by how long others sat at "label created" in the past we should have started seeing them LAST week if there was any hope of getting them by the end of the month...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
We were on vacation...waiting for the flight home...I checked my status & it was the 'In Route' notice. I told my husband..."OMG, we've got to get home, my watch is on the way! It will probably be sitting in the snow & rain before we get home." Of course, he's like....what do I want him to do, ask the pilot to fly faster? Anyway, he reminds me of that from time to time when I'm checking & rechecking my status all these weeks later. LOL

Last edited:

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Taxachusetts. We were on vacation...waiting for the flight home...I checked my status & it was the 'In Route' notice. I told my husband..."OMG, we've got to get home, my watch is on the way! It will probably be sitting in the snow & rain before we get home." Of course, he's like....what do I want him to do, ask the pilot to fly faster? Anyway, he reminds me of that from time to time when I'm checking & rechecking my status all these weeks later. LOL

When I got the in route status I told my husband oh great you will have it for your birthday, which was the middle of April.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Cow Hampshire here or VZlocation code, E247001

I think perusing Verizon on this one is the way to go, Samsung/PL/Ingram/Brighpoint are always going to say “Oh yeah, its on the way, just give us a few more weeks”

But at what point can we really say that the promotion failed? Term and conditions give a window but really we all know that document is flexible.

Eventually we (the ones waiting) will have to convince Verizon that there is a date a line in the sand and say “The promotion has failed to deliver” what is Verizon going to do?

Or they can just keep telling us that “oh yeah it’s on its way”

I’m thinking that line in the sand will be drawn when the Note 6 will be released. Thell want a clean record for when they do there promos for that product, Cuse I am trolling the $#!t out of the boards for that launch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie