Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
That's because most of the people constantly posting on this aren't waiting for a $100 VR. We're waiting for a $300 watch (or two of them in some cases like mine). If it were just a VR promotion then I wouldn't have participated. Heck, I got a VR for free because my parents participated in the ATT S7 promo to get a free tablet. They didn't even want the VR but the cashier went ahead and filed their claim for them and they ended up getting both. My 60+ yr old parents don't exactly have any interest in a VR headset so they gave it to me after they finally got it. Yes, there are some posters aggravated about still not having a VR but most of us are waiting on watches.

I think he is asking why people bought the phone because of the promo, when they could have just bought either the S2 or VR outright for a lot less money than what the S7 costs. Then they wouldn't be stuck with a phone or a contract that they really didn't want.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think he is asking why people bought the phone because of the promo, when they could have just bought either the S2 or VR outright for a lot less money than what the S7 costs. Then they wouldn't be stuck with a phone or a contract that they really didn't want.

No, that's YOUR spiel. They made no mentions of S2's. A free VR wasn't worth the upgrade for me but $600 of free equipment (claimed 2 watches) was.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's a question that's popping around in my head....so I got the watch to be sent to me from Verizon...but will I still receive the one from Prizelogic/Samsung? If I do, what do I do with it if I still receive it? Keep it?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Well, obviously some of us are idiots & thanks for reminding us of that as if we don't already know it by logging on here each day and commiserating with our fellow idiots. I have been a Verizon customer for many, many years & upgrade my phones every 2. I happened to be paying my bill online, when i noticed that they, Verizon, offered to upgrade my phone 3 months early, take my old phone back & give me $30 trade-in, AND give me a $300 watch as part of the deal. I thought it sounded like a good enough deal....why not? I like a new high tech toy as much as the next girl. I didn't do a lot of research, but I did expect Verizon to hold up their end of the deal.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone received their watches from Verizon yet? That's when the ish is going to get real...

Posted via the Android Central App

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
That is a lie. They can rush it, I talked to a director of product fulfillment at PL and when he talked to the director at the shipping company my VR was overnighted to me.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Happy Hump Day.

I am happy for those who got Verizon to do the right thing. As I state before I have gone that route and have a higher up supervisor who is making me wait until the date that prizelogic told them of May 31st. At that point I will not accept no for an answer.

Has anyone got anything on FDM this week? It seems like between last week and this week shipments have slowed down quite a bit.

Nothing in my FDM still.

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
You guys are not going to believe this but. I didnt get a call back from samsung.......... However I did get a call from Verizon and they are going to overnight me 3 Gear S2 Classics. I am not sure what this means for my Prize Logic account. Has anyone else that had Verizon pull through for them hear anything from PL or Samsung? Also I can give you a few pointers that I used to make this happen. I was told no the first few times.

I got Verizon to send me a VR and I asked the guy what would happen if PL sent me my VR and the guy said I got lucky and got a free prize for my trouble. Sure enough I complained to PL so much I got sent to a director of product fulfillment and he got them to send me a VR.

Also, a tip the orginal rep you talk to can process the VR or watch, they just have to put you on hold for a few minutes to get approval for the funds.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My verizon rep called samsung and waited while we were on hold. She connected them and I was told the same BS responses as usual but this time I was not able to get an expected delivery date. I did get told i would be receiving a call back from a PL supervisor. Got off the phone with PL and VZW rep was so flustered she had no idea what to do but said she couldn't do anything. I think i have a new tactic.

Side note, did ATT run this same promo? They having the same problems?

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
My verizon rep called samsung and waited while we were on hold. She connected them and I was told the same BS responses as usual but this time I was not able to get an expected delivery date. I did get told i would be receiving a call back from a PL supervisor. Got off the phone with PL and VZW rep was so flustered she had no idea what to do but said she couldn't do anything. I think i have a new tactic.

Side note, did ATT run this same promo? They having the same problems?

She couldn't do anything, but maybe if she had spoken to her Supervisor, they may have! Keep trying!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
She couldn't do anything, but maybe if she had spoken to her Supervisor, they may have! Keep trying!

I have spoken to many VZW supervisors in the last few weeks and once Samsung or PL tells them we will be receiving it and gives them an end date they do not offer to send it to you because they expect PL to send it to us.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
ATT had a promo for the gear VR not the Gear S2

VerizonWireless.com(.COM!) had the exclusive deal for the S2

Thus the reason why were are all talking about talking to Verizon.

Oh and just to chime in on earlyer convo. If I was being shorted just a VR I wouldn't be soo involved in this. Id be envolved but I out two smart watches! The whole reason I upgraded was the watch phone combo. Smartphones have stagnated in their uses. My old s4 was just fine for what I needed. I truly dont do anything with the s7 I cant do with my s4.

The novelty of a connected watch might allow me to do a few more things. Like... I dono not pull my phone out of my pocket... Not wear that crazy bra strap of a polar heart rate monitor the 20 miles a week I run and maybe not have my phone strapped to my arm too.

Oh and no watch for me today. Ground delivers on a regular schedule at work so I know.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
48 hours later, VZW texted me a number to call about the Gear Promotion... Samsung's number. I called VZW to see what was going on. Long story short, I'm not getting watches from Verizon, I have to wait and see if they ever show up from Samsung. She said everyone who has posted here that VZW is giving them a watch is lying... That it says they are not responsible.

She also said that they ran out of watches. So clearly it makes perfect sense to have them sent out to the LAST people who submitted while the rest of us wait. Granted, I was a 3/18 submitter... but still.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I am with AT & T, same procedures. I filed 3-17, approved 3-31, received 2 VR's 5/21, PL still says pending shipping, no FDM, just showed up at my door. I did make SEVERAL calls to PL and listened to all of their BS

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I am in fact not lying. My package of 3 gear s2 Classics are on the way to my house as I type this.

Attachments

• 5-25-2016 11-34-17 AM.png
    5-25-2016 11-34-17 AM.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site

Oh and just to chime in on earlyer convo. If I was being shorted just a VR I wouldn't be soo involved in this. Id be envolved but I out two smart watches! The whole reason I upgraded was the watch phone combo. Smartphones have stagnated in their uses. My old s4 was just fine for what I needed. I truly dont do anything with the s7 I cant do with my s4.

The novelty of a connected watch might allow me to do a few more things. Like... I dono not pull my phone out of my pocket... Not wear that crazy bra strap of a polar heart rate monitor the 20 miles a week I run and maybe not have my phone strapped to my arm too.

Oh and no watch for me today. Ground delivers on a regular schedule at work so I know.

Well what I was getting at before, is that the S2 watch works with the S4 and any other Samsung phone that runs Android 4.4 or higher. So you could have bought two watches for $600 and saved $1000 and a lot of anguish, since 2 S7 phones cost about $1600.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
But ahhh your also forgetting the Buy one get one offer! done through Verizon separately.

So it could have been buy two watches 600 bucks. (total value 600 bucks)
Or Get two phones and two watches 600 bucks. (total value 1800 bucks)

*all values estimated! :)

then theres the estimated lifespan of the s4 to think of yeah it works now, but in a year? will the net become a facebook version of the Metaverse? and were all swordfighting each other at the black sun on the street? will my s7 handle that? maybe... the s4, maybe? but a lot less likely than the s7.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I just wanted to make sure. I am going to call up ATT and see if they want a new customer I just need a couple phones and a couple watches.

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Another Lurker with a PrizeLogic Customer Rep Story

Greetings Everyone,

I am another lurker to this thread who performs the daily ritual of checking the subscriber page, Fedex Manager, and then this android central thread. I suppose in a way it was helpful to not feel alone in what has become a rather ridiculous public relations annoyance for Verizon and Samsung.

First the information everyone seems to post:

Samsung Gear S2 Submission Date: 3/18
Approved per the Subscription Page: 3/28
Emailed Prize Logic for information: 4/10
Approved per Email from Prize Logic: 4/18

I have never seen a tracking number or any indication of movement.

This morning (in fact less then 30 minutes ago) I decided to call PrizeLogic to maybe just maybe get some information about when I can expect my watch. After a 15 minute wait this was basically how the conversation went.

PL Rep: Good Morning, Please provide the email and name submitted for the Samsung Promotion

Me: Good Morning, My email is *email*

PL Rep: *Looks it up* Ok it appears you were approved April 18th.

Me: Even though I applied a month prior and had been approved per your Samsung promotions update page?

PL Rep: There are several different stages of approval sir....

Me: Alright....can I at least get an idea of when I might see movement?

PL Rep: 6-8 weeks after the 18th sir.

Me: Even though I have multiple indications of people after me submitted and received watches, and few of people who submitted before me?

PL Rep: I've heard a lot of that sir, the watches get shipped in a random fashion.

Me: Random? Can you clarify how the order is determined?

PL Rep: It might be alphabetically by a persons name, or the date sir.

Me: Given the my first name starts with a D and my last name starts with a C I feel fairly confident if it were that I would have received my watch by now.

PL Rep: I was being facetious sir. All we have is the 6-8 weeks after the approval email.

Me: I see. Have a good day. *Hangs up*

I lost my patience after that line about the alphabetical order by name bit. Thought it might amuse some of you. I kind of wish I'd asked for a supervisor. But given previous experiences with PrizeLogic I decided not too. I am going to explore the Verizon option later.

I get the feeling were going to get told eventually..."4-6 weeks for Approval, then 4-8 Weeks for delivery after approval" which means some people might be waiting until July before any claim could be made.....I'm Stuck until June 18th as far as Prize Logic is concerned.

Bleh.