Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Question: Remember when we first submitted & we received the email confirming our submission? I received my email the same day as my submission with a confirmation number. I was asked for that number the other day & when the Rep checked it, she said it was coming up invalid. I copied the confirmation email & sent it to them as proof, but I'm wondering if maybe this was part of the original mix-up...computer glitch...whatever, that caused some of our first submissions to be lost/delayed. No one at PL,V, S will say, but it certainly seems like there was a glitch that caused us to end up at the end of the line. I keep asking why we are still not receiving ours before other submitters after us & no one will answer the question. My theory is that they lost our submissions, had to reprocess internally once they found them & it put us at the end of the shipments instead of the beginning. But, it's just a theory...

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So what did they say when your number came up invalid? I have that number but never have been asked for it, only my email. I got the email with that number same day 3/9

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Good catch on that confirmation code thing!

I wonder what the corporate culture is like at samsung in the executive levels...

If my FCFS FUBAR theory so everyone gets a watch theory is right. Maybe some other execs could use it as leverage...

Make the witless fool in charge of this whole debacle pay.

I feel maybe samsung corporate is the onesame who will or will not have that original confirmation number, not PL and maybe that's where the real glitch happened.

Well I'm off to spam every samsung exec email with a hastily writen conspiracy theory story

crice_01

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, just because we got a label, doesn't mean we are going to get anything.

My packaged has been sitting in "Label created" for 2 days. Doesn't look like FedEx has the package.

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Question: Remember when we first submitted & we received the email confirming our submission? I received my email the same day as my submission with a confirmation number. I was asked for that number the other day & when the Rep checked it, she said it was coming up invalid. I copied the confirmation email & sent it to them as proof, but I'm wondering if maybe this was part of the original mix-up...computer glitch...whatever, that caused some of our first submissions to be lost/delayed. No one at PL,V, S will say, but it certainly seems like there was a glitch that caused us to end up at the end of the line. I keep asking why we are still not receiving ours before other submitters after us & no one will answer the question. My theory is that they lost our submissions, had to reprocess internally once they found them & it put us at the end of the shipments instead of the beginning. But, it's just a theory...

For what it's worth, my "confirmation" number has been the full IMEI's on the devices I submitted (the approval page doesn't list the full number).

I've had to use this for both PrizeLogic and Samsung and in each case they've pulled up my address and gift type. (2x VR) I've got no email that provided a confirmation number but it may vary from carrier to carrier. (VZW in my case).

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
It was a V Rep that asked for that confirmation number, then came right back & said it was invalid. I thought it was odd that they asked for it (since no one else had), and odd, again, that it came back invalid. They had me upload screen shots of status updates. Of course, the final answer was that I had to call Samsung, who eventually told me that they had contacted PL & to wait & be patient, the watch was on it's way (We all know the drill, right?) I keep telling them the same thing....I don't mind waiting, if I'm really supposed to be waiting. I only mind waiting when I submitted very early in the process & see those after me being shipped their watches. I keep asking....Why is this continually happening?....and they have yet to give me a straight answer. Not other than the PL crap that involved the '4 levels of approval' excuse. I even asked if there really were several levels of approval, how did the late submitters get approved in 2 days & have their items shipped within 2 weeks. I'm sure they love me by now, but they still give me no answers!

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish you all the best of luck and hope everyone on this forum receives their watches soon. I took the Bluetooth only models that verizon sent me to my local verizon store and they agreed to swap them for the 3g model. They were extremely kind and helpful and actually had to do some finaggling to make it work. The store supervisor even told me that he wasn't sure how verizon even sent me the Bluetooth model because all verizon employees are instructed not to give any watches for this promotion as it is not a verizon promotion. He was very helpful though and wanted to make it right anyway. Old habits die hard, so I will still check this forum everyday. Good luck to everyone.

TheDudeSays

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
@crice_01
My package was at the "label created" stage for about 6 days. Label was created on 5/27 which was a Friday. It started moving on Thursday the 2nd and got delivered on Friday the 3rd. By the way I live in WV also, Huntington.

Sirevan

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I've been waiting to post until something actually happened for me.

Submitted 3/22
got the 4/18 email
Info send to Fed Ex 6/3
Package Shipped 6/5

Status page still says approved, shipping date pending. Submitted for s2 and fed ex says weight is .9 so looks like it will be the s2. Really hope something happens for you early submitters that haven't seen anything yet!

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I do not know what to think anymore! I submitted for the watch March 11. Since then I have heard so much bs and rhetoric from each company. I forget how many times I've heard,"my manager will be calling you soon", and they never do. Even one of the Verizon girls actually gave me her email addreess because she was personally going to look into it. She actually corresponded a couple times then all of a sudden no more responses. Maybe she got in trouble for trying to be helpful. I just wish these companies had one honest bone in their bodies. I really want to cancel everything that's Verizon and Samsung. But I've spent so much money on their products over the years that Samsung is about all I really know. My own fault I haven't ventured out more in this cell world. I've concluded that there is no watch in my future! My Timex gave out on me at about the time I submitted for the S2 so I thought, great timing for a new watch! Time to go replace my Timex battery! Lol. I'm happy for all of you that have received your items. I may see or hear some news one day but until then, (even after the fact), Samsung Verizon and PL are complete scum.

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I do not know what to think anymore! I submitted for the watch March 11. Since then I have heard so much bs and rhetoric from each company. I forget how many times I've heard,"my manager will be calling you soon", and they never do. Even one of the Verizon girls actually gave me her email addreess because she was personally going to look into it. She actually corresponded a couple times then all of a sudden no more responses. Maybe she got in trouble for trying to be helpful. I just wish these companies had one honest bone in their bodies. I really want to cancel everything that's Verizon and Samsung. But I've spent so much money on their products over the years that Samsung is about all I really know. My own fault I haven't ventured out more in this cell world. I've concluded that there is no watch in my future! My Timex gave out on me at about the time I submitted for the S2 so I thought, great timing for a new watch! Time to go replace my Timex battery! Lol. I'm happy for all of you that have received your items. I may see or hear some news one day but until then, (even after the fact), Samsung Verizon and PL are complete scum.

Posted via the Android Central App

A few of us are in the same boat as you. I submitted also 3/11, spoke to company, nobody follows thru. A few people at Verizon have called me back and given me email addresses but they do nothing. They tell me Prize Logic says it is backordered and I will get it soon. I ask why it is only backordered for the people who submitted first and the ones who submitted later then us it isn't backordered for. They ignore this and as we see on these boards they are still shipping it out to the people who submitted after us. The whole situation stinks.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Wow look at all the first time posters. I really thought that with time there would be less and less people coming forward to share but it seems to be a steady stream of people.

The first come first serve thing is a real burner. It really activates that “fair play” instinct.

I understand the whole paperwork/bureaucracy/logistics/shipping difficulty’s part but only to a point. It has been months now, 13 weeks, and the order of operation has not been corrected.

To be part of the first submitters and be affected by the delay is particularly off putting.
It may be possible that Samsung could placate me with product, but really that’s just would be Samsung “showing” (instead of just saying) that they have treated me unfairly.

So bottom line, Samsung has treated us unfairly, know that it has, has apologized, but continues to treat us unfairly and has done nothing to redeem its self.

Certainly the last time I purchase a Samsung product.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note, Cleaned up some posts. Please do not post for sale items here, instead use the marketplace forum.

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I just tried to call Prize Logic since it's getting to the end of the 9th week since my approval email. I got a message saying all circuits are busy. Have they just stopped taking phone calls now?