Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

crice_01

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Sure enough, wife just called and said we had 2 gear S2 delivered by Fedex. Can't wait to get home.

Hopefully all you folks that have been waiting will get your gear too.

Cheers!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Do any of you (those who have received the S2) have the BrightPoint return address from your shipping label? You know how some companies will set up the item to be shipped (especially if it's a return) and all you do is slap the label on the box and it's shipped for you? Not sure if I'm explaining correctly, but....I'm gonna go see how much Fedex charges to create a shipping label. I'm going to send a Fedex truck to BrightPoint to pick up my S2 and deliver it to me.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Do any of you (those who have received the S2) have the BrightPoint return address from your shipping label? You know how some companies will set up the item to be shipped (especially if it's a return) and all you do is slap the label on the box and it's shipped for you? Not sure if I'm explaining correctly, but....I'm gonna go see how much Fedex charges to create a shipping label. I'm going to send a Fedex truck to BrightPoint to pick up my S2 and deliver it to me.

Its so crazy it might just work! (cept the whole possible mail fraud thing)(Cause you'll need to identify yourself as Brightpoint, time Warner)

Oh and about the Ingram Micro link, Sure Ill bite, I filled out the form this is what I said.

"As a Verizon/Samsung/Prizelogic promotion participant I have not received the merchandise allotted within the terms and conditions of the promotion because of order of fulfilment IngramMircro/Brightpoint has chosen. Because of this error in order IngramMircro/Brightpoint has caused numerous losses in Verizon/Samsung in the form of direct re-imbursement of product from alternate sources and lost customer loyalty. Please get into contact with the supervisor of the Verizon/Samsung/Prizelogic promotion at the Indiana facility and have them fulfill the orders in an order from oldest to newest."

Ill post the canned response when I get it. (anyone else feel free to copy paste)(I clicked the "customer support button" maybe you guys click the others)

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Its so crazy it might just work! (cept the whole possible mail fraud thing)(Cause you'll need to identify yourself as Brightpoint, time Warner)

Oh and about the Ingram Micro link, Sure Ill bite, I filled out the form this is what I said.

"As a Verizon/Samsung/Prizelogic promotion participant I have not received the merchandise allotted within the terms and conditions of the promotion because of order of fulfilment IngramMircro/Brightpoint has chosen. Because of this error in order IngramMircro/Brightpoint has caused numerous losses in Verizon/Samsung in the form of direct re-imbursement of product from alternate sources and lost customer loyalty. Please get into contact with the supervisor of the Verizon/Samsung/Prizelogic promotion at the Indiana facility and have them fulfill the orders in an order from oldest to newest."

Ill post the canned response when I get it. (anyone else feel free to copy paste)(I clicked the "customer support button" maybe you guys click the others)

Copied and pasted

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I went with a more personal assault (just kidding), along the lines of...'it may not seem like much to a large company, but you're only as good as the parts that make up the whole.' (queue the violins, please) Anyway, I figure we have nothing to lose at this point (well, some of us, anyway) & the more pressure on BrightPoint, the better.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Its so crazy it might just work! (cept the whole possible mail fraud thing)(Cause you'll need to identify yourself as Brightpoint, time Warner) )
No..I'm gonna send a return item label from me to BrightPoint with directions for them to put my Gear S2 in the box and send it back to me! I can do it via Fedex Home Delivery. I just have to go sign up for an account. That's not fraud, right? I'm only asking them to send me what they are supposed to be sending anyway. LOL

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
. He also said that the original S7 promotion will be fulfilled before the new father's day promotion that they are running now..
Hmm...'cause I thought they had no info about the fulfillment? PL has told me at least twice that they handle the submissions, but a 3rd party fulfillment company (BrightPoint) handles the fulfillment & that's why they have no idea when anything is being sent...only that it was approved. It truly is a 3 (or 4) ring circus with these people.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I went crazy after the prize logic lady told me that I will get it when I get it and they are instructed not to escalate it etc. I wrote prize logic and samsung corporate and told them i am disgusted in how this was handied and that I will now make an official complaint with BBB and will try to get NYC news stations involved like "shame on you". I told samsung up till now I was a loyal customer (which I was), and was going to buy my husband a new Samsung 10.1 tablet for father's day to replace his note 10.1 tablet but I won't anymore. I will buy any other brand.

Well prize logics manager called me told me the same story as the other person about the promo opening again and not being prepared with enough watches and they sent it to shipping place in order but shipping place is not following the order. That they can only suggest that they follow that order. He said he will escalate it...we will see what happens. Samsung also got hold of me and they said they are investigating what happened to my submission aND I told them about the others also waiting...they said they will get to the bottom of this...we will see. I am still waiting for Verizon corporate to answer my certified letter...I got notification they signed for it today.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This "we can only suggest the shipping company follow first come first serve" is complete BS. Unless they're doing this for free (which I'm pretty certain is not the case...).

May 12, 2016
Visit site
There have been less and less post lately. I wonder if that means only a few of us are left. I am going to make a twitter account today and post public all over Samsung about how terrible they have treated us. I think the only way to get them to acknowledge you is if it could hurt the public's opinion of them.

Marvelous7325#AC

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine came in yesterday. I bought the phone on March 18th and was approved on April 1st. I was in my living room and heard a knock on my door. No one was there. I just looked around and then down, and saw the box. I automatically knew it was the headset because I had no incoming packages besides it. My status still says shipment approved like it has for 3 months, so keep your head up folks.

gregorylkelly

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I finally received my Gear VR yesterday after completely giving up hope of ever getting it. I decided to check the promotion status website just out of curiosity. Nothing has changed at all and it still says expected delivery date 5/08.

Hang in there guys, your promotion will come! I still may never purchase another Samsung device, but this did eventually work out, but the frustration I had to deal with was just not worth it.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone gotten multiple gifts? If so, have you sent any back or been asked to return any?

Ive been on this since day 1, you are the one and only person that I recall who has posted anything about getting multiple gifts and sending one back. IMHO you should respond in kind as they have with all the other folks that have been waiting over 3 months to get anything at all much less duplicate gifts. Meaning wait 3 months to send it back if you feel you need to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae