Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tllippert

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Holy Cow label created. 2.6 lbs 3/17 submitter. It had better be watches. Does anyone know if this weight is for 2 watches..

Last edited:

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/651446-gear-vr-promotion-success-failure-thread-please-post-whether-you-successful-78.html#post5150469
Holy Cow label created. 2.6 lbs 3/17 submitter. It had better be watches. Does anyone know if this weight is for 2 watches..

From Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge thread, 0.9 lbs is Gear S2
0.9 * 2 = ~1.8 lbs [2 Gear S2 weight]

stleusc also got 2.6 lbs label which turned out to be 2 Gear VR :L

Last edited:

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
un tethered(3G) is about the only feature that stands out on the S2 - if you dont need 3G there are multiple better digi watch options imo.

I looked at several smart watches. Gear S2 classic is the only one that really has the asthetics of a regular watch. Have had several comments on regarding that exact aspect. For me, I was looking for a smart watch that actually looked like a watch and not a computer on my wrist. I was looking for tracking steps, and getting notifications, all which work well, and better than other fitness trackers I have had. The one draw back to the Gear s2 is that is does not sync with MyFitnessPal. There are work-arounds, but have not been able to get them to work for me. If you need more high level tracking, this is probably not the best unit for that. But for me, I really love the Gear S2 classic.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I looked at several smart watches. Gear S2 classic is the only one that really has the asthetics of a regular watch. Have had several comments on regarding that exact aspect. For me, I was looking for a smart watch that actually looked like a watch and not a computer on my wrist. I was looking for tracking steps, and getting notifications, all which work well, and better than other fitness trackers I have had. The one draw back to the Gear s2 is that is does not sync with MyFitnessPal. There are work-arounds, but have not been able to get them to work for me. If you need more high level tracking, this is probably not the best unit for that. But for me, I really love the Gear S2 classic.

The hardware Samsung made for the S2 is about as good as it gets, but the Tizen OS leaves a lot to be desired.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
The hardware Samsung made for the S2 is about as good as it gets, but the Tizen OS leaves a lot to be desired.

Yep, I would agree about Tizen. Combine Android with the hardware and it would be fantastic. Now it's just really great. ;-)
Tizen limited in apps, but does have all the apps I want to use, so went for the trade off. So far, very pleased.

Twerwin5039

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Submitted March 12, approved via email 3,30,2016 fdm liable created 6-10-16 I wanted Twould gear s2 watches but idk if I'm getting that. Shipping weight is 2.6lbs

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Submitted March 12, approved via email 3,30,2016 fdm liable created 6-10-16 I wanted Twould gear s2 watches but idk if I'm getting that. Shipping weight is 2.6lbs
That's what mine and another posters shipping weight is. Submitted for two watches as well.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
i put in for 2 watches and my weight is 1.6 lbs and if remember correctly 1 watch was 0.9lbs

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz