Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tllippert

May 26, 2011
Visit site
PL just threw the entire thing on Verizon. Supposedly Verizon couldn't verify my location code as one that qualifies for the watches. PL said that there was nothing that they could do.. On the phone to Big Red now..

Last edited:

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I was told I passed all the 3 level tiers and am getting the watches but then I get home today and there is a box at my front door...which is knew because I get fed ex notification. I think to myself boy the box is big for 2 watches, and I was right there were 2 VRs. After 3 months and 4 days they still didn't get it right. This stinks.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got done with another conference call between VZW and PL. Same story, keep waiting, your promotional item will come. The guy at VZW and I grilled the PL lady, but she just kept saying keep waiting. I asked twice why things weren't being dealt with on a first come, first serve basis, and she said she didn't know. He asked if she could escalate the issue to a manager, and she straight up said she couldn't. He also asked if she could expedite the non-existent shipment, and she said that it was in the hands of the fulfillment company. We gave up with her and ended the conference call. He said he'd call me back in 10 minutes and he did. We then talked about how horribly the situation has gotten and then he just said "well we've done about as much as we can do, have a nice day" and that was the end of the conversation. What a waste of time and effort.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
This is complete crap. Waiting FOREVER just to receive VR headsets after being told multiple times you'd get a watch...

I feel for everyone in this thread!

Keep us posted!

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone submitted a complaint with BBB? I'm thinking it's time for all of us who have not only been waiting, but have now gotten something diffrent from promised, to make as big of a fuss as possible. submitted 3/11, approved 4/6, stiiiiiiiiiillllll waiting... I've pretty much given up on PL, Verizon, and Samsung.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
PL just through the entire thing on Verizon. Supposedly Verizon couldn't verify my location code as one that qualifies for the watches. PL said that there was nothing that they could do.. On the phone to Big Red now..

If they try this on me I'm 100% calling BS on them. I have a voicemail from THURSDAY, TWO DAYS before mine shipped, confirming I'm getting watches. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure but it definitely doesn't look promising.

tllippert

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If they try this on me I'm 100% calling BS on them. I have a voicemail from THURSDAY, TWO DAYS before mine shipped, confirming I'm getting watches. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure but it definitely doesn't look promising.

I've talked to Verizon twice, they seem to want to make it right, She was going to conference me with Samsung but she was caller 67. She is going to call back later when their call volume is lower.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got another box from brightpoint delivered and it was indeed my 2 S2 watches. This was an overnight package the weighed 2.0 lbs. So today I got one package FedEx home delivery weighing 1.6 lbs with Vrs and a couple of hours later another package that was overnight weighing 2.0lbs with 2 S2 watches.

The only thing I can think of with all my complaints and getting hold of someone at samsung and a manager at prize logic they realized they sent out the wrong thing and overnighted the right thing. This whole thing is crazy. Funny thing is I bought a VR for my son back in March.

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Well, 98 days after submission (03-09-2016) and 62 days from PL's final-final-final approval (04-14-2016), I can FINALLY put this nightmare to rest!! NO updates via FDM, NO change on the infamous "check your status" site. I came home from work, and there was a delivery note from FedEx that they were on my patio. I am going to keep my fingers and toes crossed for those still waiting. MAYBE this is a good sign for those of us that started this journey from the VERY beginning. I HOPE there is a HUGE delivery of S2's (or VR's if that's your thing) this week for everyone. *Please note, I will think at least 3 times before taking part in another promotion with the words PRIZELOGIC anywhere in the T&C's. If I have a mental relapse, I will submit late, so I get it early. lol Keeping hope alive from Las Vegas! 20160614_154637.jpg

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems my nightmare is finally over. I got lucky and received 2 watches from Verizon about 2 weeks ago. The 2 watches from the promotion arrived today. Submitted 3/11, approved 4/7. The verizon employees at my local store were extremely helpful and did everything in their power to see I got my watches. For that reason, I am going to call the store and see if they want me to give them the 2 that I received today. If not, I will sell them. I'm sure as hell not sending them back to Samsung, Bright point, or PrizeLogic!

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I had gotten the Samsung S7 Edge yesterday (the 13th) and I sent in my submission a few hours ago and it now says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Is it normal to be so soon? I sincerely hope it does come soon. Apparently all claims have to be sent in by June 19th so I'm not late or anything.

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Still nothing here! This is bull, Verizon won't help, prize logic has no answers! I just give up. I really wanted this to juggle my 2 kids appointments and have a way to get notifications while at work incase of emergency since I can't look at my phone! This is not fair and I don't get why I look here it just pisses me off seeing people from after me get them and then also people getting more than 1 when I haven't even gotten my one. I know you rightfully deserve and you've been through hell too but prizelogic just pisses me off

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I had gotten the Samsung S7 Edge yesterday (the 13th) and I sent in my submission a few hours ago and it now says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
Is it normal to be so soon? I sincerely hope it does come soon. Apparently all claims have to be sent in by June 19th so I'm not late or anything.

That promotion will be for Gear VR, am I right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey