Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
with a 2 year contract and $40 activation fee.... and they are over priced at that price point even, i don't know if it was just the anticipation of getting the watch or the waiting so long to get it but now that i have it, I'm not impressed... hardly worth the wait, definitely not worth the price although ymmv

I agree. 2 year contract would be a deal breaker. That was why I only wanted the bluetooth version.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I did not know you have to sign up for a 2 year contract....why is that? I thought there are no more contracts. My phones are not in contract.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company. So, should I tell them I got Gear VR and swap me with Gear S2 or should I wait couple more days? He/She said that PL will update me with information next mid-week. I am tried of calling PL a) millions hour waiting to talk to agent b) same answer received when I called them 3 times.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I did not know you have to sign up for a 2 year contract....why is that? I thought there are no more contracts. My phones are not in contract.

I bought S7 Edge in contract [waited 2 months because 1st month I got free service because the lady I talk to on VZW applied $100 credit because I got rejected for Gear S2 offer :D]
So end up paying full price of the phone and $28 dollars for service.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company. So, should I tell them I got Gear VR and swap me with Gear S2 or should I wait couple more days? He/She said that PL will update me with information next mid-week. I am tried of calling PL a) millions hour waiting to talk to agent b) same answer received when I called them 3 times.

Start the process today, since it will probably take 4-6 weeks (plus 2 weeks for approval, plus 2 weeks for audit, plus 2-4 weeks for incompetence.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
An unexpected package arrived - it is Gear VR instead of Gear S2. But person on PL Facebook says I will received S2 but have to wait because newly inventory of Gear S2 and Gear VR haven't arrived at Samsung Contract Company.
I'm still trying to understand how people are getting Gear S2s delivered to them if Not-So-BrightPoint doesn't have the new shipments of inventory? Once again, it appears that PL is making up stories to fit whatever scenario they are discussing at the moment. Someone on FB posted that they received the box factory sealed with all the accessories and no watch inside! How awful is that? At this point, I'm willing to wait if it gets me the correct item before I'm too old to learn to use it.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

but you paid full price for the phones,, that's why no contract..... the $200 deal isn't "so called" full price hence the 2 year contract, and yes verizon still does contracts but typically through places like best buy.... although it works out to be pretty much the same price in the end because they charge more for the line fee.... all a big scam in the end ;) nothing new

r759nkc

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Submitted for three Gear S2 on 3/9, initial approval 3/12, second approval email 4/7, still nothing. Many calls to Price Logic/Verizon/Samsung, keep being told to wait a little longer.... At this point, I don't expect to receive anything and will definitely think twice before buying any more of Samsung's products. This whole experience has severely damaged their image as a company as far as I am concerned.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My first full day and i am not sure if the wait was worth it....

Yea, i am sure i have been playing with it a bit more than a typical person would because it is the first day, but....the battery is dead in 10 hours.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
so my ordeal is over i hope everyone gets theirs soon! im never doing another promotion like this if it involves these companies. good luck friends

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 102513.jpg
    102513.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 21

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
My first full day and i am not sure if the wait was worth it....

Yea, i am sure i have been playing with it a bit more than a typical person would because it is the first day, but....the battery is dead in 10 hours.

I did this as well. Once I figured it out and stopped playing with it as much mine could go two days on one charge.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
so my ordeal is over i hope everyone gets theirs soon! im never doing another promotion like this if it involves these companies. good luck friends

Posted via the Android Central App

Congrats, glad to see more people are receiving what they are entitled to.

Quick question, is that bluetooth or 3G?

chuck1990

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Received my phone on 3/9 and completed the registration for the S2.
Notified that it was approved.
Received a Gear VR today.
Samsung's losing customers with their TERRIBLE promotion. What a bunch of garbage. Filing a complaint with my state attorney general.

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
3/11 submitted, approved 4/7, still no update. There is still nothing in FDM, and pending on the promos page. GAH! This is so frustrating... >.< Verizon gave me the option to return my phones at no cost; I'm seriously considering taking them up on it...

JoRaT

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I prepaid and traded in my IPhone for my S7 Edge with motivation to receive a free GEAR VR promotion from Verizon in Early Feb 2016.
The Samsung PrizeLogic website would not accept my IEMI number. The number is on the phone you can't fudge it. From March until and still today June 14, 2016 I have not received my Gear VR from Samsung. Verizon has all but wiped there hands saying it's Samsung's promotion so it's there issue. PrizeLogic doesn't decide who gets the Promotion. Samsung just sends you to PrizeLogic which is worthless except to take the brunt of customer dissatisfaction. They are now promoting this same promotion once again. Why don't they honor those who are being shafted by the promotion since day 1. Please everyone voice and complaint, someone will hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21