Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

pssdhskr

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Happy to have found this forum. I too have been waiting to receive my S2 since March and even received a confirmation email from prize logic on March 30th confirming the watch is what I would receive and what do I receive today via Fedex but a VR instead. I just got off the phone with prize logic and they are saying it is due to the location code issue that others have mentioned. I clarified and they blame Samsung for basically choosing which location codes they wanted to send the watches to so nothing we the consumer had control over (even if we were sent confirmation that the watch was chosen) and basically I'm SOL as they only ship the watches to who Samsung tells them to.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
My first full day and i am not sure if the wait was worth it....

Yea, i am sure i have been playing with it a bit more than a typical person would because it is the first day, but....the battery is dead in 10 hours.

I have the classic. Usually on my wrist from 6:30 am until about 11:30 at night, without charging. But does only have about 8% left. Bluetooth, not 3G. I imagine using 3G would put a larger strain on the battery.

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I was on everyone's case everyday for a long time. I don't know what hit this Verizon dude upside the head but he actually went to bat for me and I'm getting a watch from Verizon! Should be here tomorrow. Package says 1# 5oz. And I've checked and the watch I wanted shows up as the one i ordered. But won't believe it till I see it. In the meantime I'm going to keep giving Sam @ PL hell. As many times as I've been referred to the next non-existent person it is hard to believe they haven't bucked me out of their system. Well hang in there everyone. I know I stressed out for nothing but i had to see it through. Shhh, don't tell Verizon but they were very unprofessional throughout the whole ordeal. Nite that I'm getting watch I'll kiss butt just a little bit longer. I'm going to make the carrier switch more sooner than later. Hang tight.

Posted via the Android Central App

androidleader

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Got home tonight and my VR Gear was on my porch with a slip taped to my door from FedEx Ground. Went to check my status on Samsung's Promotion page and it still says Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipment Date Estimate: Pending.

I was never given a ship date like the rest of everyone on this board. It has displayed this PENDING notification and has never updated. I even signed up for FedEx Manager to let me know if it was being shipped but it always displayed zero shipments expected. I was approved on 3/28 for the VR Gear. Way I see it, I don't think Samsung is going to update everyone's status anymore. Most of you will end up like some of us and just find it on your doorstep without notice.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I agree. 2 year contract would be a deal breaker. That was why I only wanted the bluetooth version.
I activated my S2, and it is not on a 2 year contract, it is month to month so I can cancel anytime. They also cut the activation fee in half, others have posted that they waived their activation fee completely. The only advantage of activating that I have seen, is that you can connect to your phone remotely, so you receive notifications without being within Bluetooth range. Their may be other advantages, but I haven't seen them yet. Other than just testing it, I have never made a call from my S2. I think people look like they are talking to themselves when they are using Bluetooth ear pieces, so imagine what they would look like talking to their wrist.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So I apparently really REALLY want mine to arrive correctly as S2's and not swapped with VR's because I had TWO dreams IN a dream last night (that's right, I had a dream that I had 2 dreams...) that I actually got S2s.

Update: Today is d-day... fingers crossed it's right...
Untitled.png

Last edited:

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
What did you say?! I've called Verizon just about as much as PL at this point and the manager that I spoke with REFUSED to even entertain the idea of a free watch for me...

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
3/11 submitted, approved 4/7, still no update. There is still nothing in FDM, and pending on the promos page. GAH! This is so frustrating... >.< Verizon gave me the option to return my phones at no cost; I'm seriously considering taking them up on it...

Seems like you could return the phone, sign up for the new promo, and still get your watch before you would with this current mess.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I activated my S2, and it is not on a 2 year contract, it is month to month so I can cancel anytime. They also cut the activation fee in half, others have posted that they waived their activation fee completely. The only advantage of activating that I have seen, is that you can connect to your phone remotely, so you receive notifications without being within Bluetooth range. Their may be other advantages, but I haven't seen them yet. Other than just testing it, I have never made a call from my S2. I think people look like they are talking to themselves when they are using Bluetooth ear pieces, so imagine what they would look like talking to their wrist.

Private Eye (can't write his first name because it gets *****) Tracy comes to mind..... :) Perhaps I date myself...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

your free s2 would not be on contract obviously... the contract would only be if you purchased it from verizon at the reduced $200 price....

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
damn man my watches that came yesterday were in a 9x7x5 box

I'm fully expecting it's going to be wrong, despite having a voicemail from 2 days before it shipped confirming it would be S2s... I'll update when they arrive. My wife will be home when they're delivered.

Edit: Or maybe they sent me FOUR watches!!! One can hope right?? :-\

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm fully expecting it's going to be wrong, despite having a voicemail from 2 days before it shipped confirming it would be S2s... I'll update when they arrive. My wife will be home when they're delivered.

thats crap! i called just now and told them i got the wrong stuff even though i didn't to see what they would say and pretty much told the promo was over there was nothing they could do they even told me my location code was wrong. i cursed the lady out told her all their stories were bull**** because i did get my watches and she went silent and hung up. these people are horrible. i hope you guys can get it sorted out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173