Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

timothypcook

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Well I signed up for the promo a week after the phones came out. I signed up for an S2 watch. I received that blasted VR headset yesterday. Before it game I had an email conversation with PL and they confirmed I would be receiving an S2 watch.

Anyone have any tips on how I should proceed? What location code do I give them it they ask? Please advise.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
thats crap! i called just now and told them i got the wrong stuff even though i didn't to see what they would say and pretty much told the promo was over there was nothing they could do they even told me my location code was wrong. i cursed the lady out told her all their stories were bull**** because i did get my watches and she went silent and hung up. these people are horrible. i hope you guys can get it sorted out

now thats funny

Posted via the Android Central App

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
thats crap! i called just now and told them i got the wrong stuff even though i didn't to see what they would say and pretty much told the promo was over there was nothing they could do they even told me my location code was wrong. i cursed the lady out told her all their stories were bull**** because i did get my watches and she went silent and hung up. these people are horrible. i hope you guys can get it sorted out

They are so definitely full of crap & have been from the start. Since they are Samsung's go-to company, I think the same should be said for Samsung at this point. Who hires a company to keep your customers away from you? I think there is a very good possibility that the remaining early submitters are most likely getting VRs. If I get a VR, I am ready to cause a stink....if so, hoping some/most of you guys will be with me if it comes to that. More info about that when the time comes...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
to see what they would say

AWESOME!

I think ill call prizelogic tonight and just tell them I got the VRs by mistake, just to see what they do, (I've received nothing, btw) we know that they have no contact with Brightpoint so how would they know.

(I wont call, fairly certain that would be attempted fraud)

don't worry to much ?mys2, If they give us the "supplies ran out bit" we can always claim BS because people from 3/18 have watches, and first come first serve.

and

TimPcook hey! the Terms and conditions have a right to substitute gift of equivalent value bit. Call Prizelogic and tell them to give you some 200 dollar e-certs, But be really really REALLY certain that you bought from Verizonwireless.com ONLY (have proof) and not through some FIOS portal. (people tried to combine an offer from FIOS and it giged them to no avail)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to be pi$$ed if they pull the location code excuse because a) I bought directly online, not through any third party portal, b) I have documentation via VZW chat transcript confirming that I bought online directly and for a consumer account (since they were also spouting the business account nonsense), c) I've had multiple emails from PL confirming S2's as well as a phone call and d) in addition to those emails I have a voicemail from PL that was left on WEDNESDAY before my gift shipping on FRIDAY/SATURDAY confirming the same and stating that I would receive them once they were back in stock. If location code was an issue then just days before shipping the product out is not when they decided that.... I keep constantly checking my front door (camera I can access on my phone) to see if it's there yet... Still no response from email I sent Tuesday to the person at PL that left the voicemail. It was their actual email address too, not some support@PL email address. They left a call back number to that I'm hoping to not have to use...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Go to your Verizon account on phone and your receipt copy is in there. You can screen shot and print it.
I just tried this and....mine isn't there. I then logged into my Verizon online & it's there, but it's not the receipt, only an installment agreement. So, my receipt w/ location code is actually in my email from the day I ordered the S7Edge.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just tried this and....mine isn't there. I then logged into my Verizon online & it's there, but it's not the receipt, only an installment agreement. So, my receipt w/ location code is actually in my email from the day I ordered the S7Edge.

Should also be on the paper receipt that came with your phone, assuming you kept it.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Sended a email to Samsung (if that doesn't work out for me) will get their Manager contact.
FYI: Calling/Emailing PL is useless.

I think this is how it should had been.
Buy phone from VZW.com (after checkout) it shows the promotion page.
If you choose Gear S2 [will ask for details] If you choose Gear VR [it will bring you to SMG promotion site].
Gear S2 sended with your phone. That simple.

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
This isn't working for me either. Does anyone know the online Verizon location code?
Location codes were all different & there were tons of them. Yours (on your receipt) is the one that is assigned to your order. Someone else's location code is not going to work with your order. I encourage you to look for the email confirmation from when you ordered. Or call Verizon and ask if they can look it up for you.

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Seems like you could return the phone, sign up for the new promo, and still get your watch before you would with this current mess.

I would love to but they aren't offering the S2 anymore, its a TV and a VR. Neither of which I want... This is crap. These idiots took something that could have been wonderful, not to mention drive swarms of people to love Samsung, and completely ruined it. I'm seriously thinking about returning the two phones. The longer this goes on, the more upset I get with Samsung leaving loyal customers hanging out to dry.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, FedEx just arrived....
ed694c6d38e3bdcc6b599a898f721036.jpg

Not watches... pissed...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm not so upset. I emailed the guy again that called me and he already sent me a return label to send these back and replace them with watches.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Now I'm not so upset. I emailed the guy again that called me and he already sent me a return label to send these back and replace them with watches.

Glad to see they acted quickly with yours, but come on...they are wasting time. Get the right items in the right boxes!