Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I ask PL same thing, send be Gear S2 first and then I will return Gear VR. She said, they need "incorrect" gift back so they can send back the correct gift.

LOL ask them what that "NEED" is specifically and how it came about.

Then tell them you NEED that return label to come in a box with some smart watches.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, what is it that is not as seemless as we would all hope it would be?

I know this doesn't make it any better for those of you still waiting on your watches, but I will say that I am disappointed with the gear s2's functionality. It doesn't work near as seamlessly as I thought it would. Maybe AT&T works better with their numbersync app. I hope verizon releases something similar very soon, or I will be canceling the service to my watch.

I haven't had any problems at all with the functionality of the Gear s2. But I may not be using as many apps as you are. I have heard reports of dropped connections with the phone that could only be reconnected after a factory reset on the watch. But I have been outside the bluetooth range frequently and never had any problem reconnecting. Notifications and email sync with no problems.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any problems at all with the functionality of the Gear s2. But I may not be using as many apps as you are. I have heard reports of dropped connections with the phone that could only be reconnected after a factory reset on the watch. But I have been outside the bluetooth range frequently and never had any problem reconnecting. Notifications and email sync with no problems.

I was just curious as to what Music_man was seeing, I have not had any major issues either. One thing I have noticed is if I send a text message from the watch, I lose the watch face, and I have to reset it from my phone, but I haven't lost connection that I know of. I am not sure what all AT&T numbersync does, but anything I do from my watch, like a text or a call, shows my phones number and not the watch's number, which I like, I don't want multiple numbers going out. I don't use that many apps either, so I think it is good to see what kind of issues other people are finding. Overall, for a free watch it is okay, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me exactly what 'Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment" means and how long I'll be on this step? How many steps after it?
I'm asking what it means in terms of PL logic. I know the text itself is self explanatory

hihi217

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, they're two different promotions right? I'm doing the Father's Day promo that ends on the 19th which is strictly for the Gear. My current status is: Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment.

Just curious, when did you sumbit your form for the VR? I'm on "Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment." as well, 6/8 submitter, and got this message the next day.
Also, did you get a e-mail from Samsung Promotions that you were approved?

To all the people waiting for their S2s, hope you get them soon!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
14 weeks since submission. 12 weeks with a status of 'Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment". Nothing in FDM. Nothing, Nada, Niekas, Nicht, Nemic, Niente.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
14 weeks since submission. 12 weeks with a status of 'Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment". Nothing in FDM. Nothing, Nada, Niekas, Nicht, Nemic, Niente.

The status tend to change when you receive your gift. Such as getting the package and then they give you tracking number LOL

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you got any email regarding return label?
Yeah, they responded within about an hour and almost immediately after that I got an email from fedex to print a label. Printed it and took it to a fedex kinkos just a bit ago. You only have 5 days to send it once you print the prepaid label.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, they responded within about an hour and almost immediately after that I got an email from fedex to print a label. Printed it and took it to a fedex kinkos just a bit ago. You only have 5 days to send it once you print the prepaid label.

A day went by got no email. Now this is turning into suspicious ._.
"We will look to send this return label to you before noon eastern time."

Last edited:

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, when did you sumbit your form for the VR? I'm on "Submission Approved. Preparing for shipment." as well, 6/8 submitter, and got this message the next day.
Also, did you get a e-mail from Samsung Promotions that you were approved?

To all the people waiting for their S2s, hope you get them soon!
I submitted mine on the 13th of this month. No I haven't received an email.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily panic just yet... Wouldn't be the 1st time that site broke... or 2nd... or 3rd... lol

"Deja vu is usually a glitch in the matrix. It happens when they change somthing."

FDM= FedEx Delivery Manager, a site you can sign up for to see if a label is made and can see your package intransit. The status page will change after you get your package