Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I received BBB emails stating that my complaint was sent to Samsung and Prizelogic so far. Still pending Verizon.

Prizelogic did reply with:
"Due to the success of this promotion, fulfillment delays caused by inventory shortages have been experienced. We apologize for the delay and have expedited your request with the fulfillment company."

We'll see if this makes any difference but I wont hold my breath.

I only had time to file one complaint so I made it against Samsung who's technically the "owner" of this promotion. I did reference everyone else involved in the complaint though. Ultimately the success of failure of this promotion is in Samsung's hands. Just because you outsource something doesn't mean you have no responsibility over it...

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I only had time to file one complaint so I made it against Samsung who's technically the "owner" of this promotion. I did reference everyone else involved in the complaint though. Ultimately the success of failure of this promotion is in Samsung's hands. Just because you outsource something doesn't mean you have no responsibility over it...

I totally agree with you. Prize logic or bright point may be the one who messed up but this is Samsungs promotion and they should be holding either accountable and focusing on making sure their customers are satisfied.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
hung out with a chat bot for a min at the AT&T site.

Asked about the free S2, asked about in store pick up or a website to fill out paperwork.

he/she/zee/it replied

Sure, in the order Summary, we will see the option if you can pick the devices up the store or have them shipped by tomorrow, I can gladly help you with this process and take advantage of this great offer :)

Then I asked about where it would ship from and then then chat bot broke or the translator software into whatever savage language didnt help. and got no where.

Personally I'd love to get out of my contract with Verizon and go to AT&T and FINALY get my watch.

Please let me know how those BBB things go.(Ill join the brigade tomorow, Been super bussy)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
hung out with a chat bot for a min at the AT&T site.

Asked about the free S2, asked about in store pick up or a website to fill out paperwork.

he/she/zee/it replied

Sure, in the order Summary, we will see the option if you can pick the devices up the store or have them shipped by tomorrow, I can gladly help you with this process and take advantage of this great offer :)

Then I asked about where it would ship from and then then chat bot broke or the translator software into whatever savage language didnt help. and got no where.

Personally I'd love to get out of my contract with Verizon and go to AT&T and FINALY get my watch.

Please let me know how those BBB things go.(Ill join the brigade tomorow, Been super bussy)
Only catch I see on the AT&T promo is that you're required to activate it at $10/mo. Can't run just Bluetooth like the Verizon promo.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe that's why their Gear S2 promotion is running smooth maybe.

Most likely it's the fact that Samsung/Prizelogic/Brightpoint have absolutely nothing to do with the promo... Had the Verizon promo been setup the same (VZW sends the watch with the phone) it likely would have been much more successful.

pssdhskr

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I did what I read others have done after receiving the VR and not the S2 which is file a BBB complaint against Prize Logic. I just filed it yesterday afternoon and received an email directly from Prized Logic today saying they would send me the S2 and that they would be sending me a return label for the VR. So it appears the BBB complaint is working so far.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I did what I read others have done after receiving the VR and not the S2 which is file a BBB complaint against Prize Logic. I just filed it yesterday afternoon and received an email directly from Prized Logic today saying they would send me the S2 and that they would be sending me a return label for the VR. So it appears the BBB complaint is working so far.

Until they get the VR's back and tell you it will possibly be another 4 weeks to get the watch...

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Only catch I see on the AT&T promo is that you're required to activate it at $10/mo. Can't run just Bluetooth like the Verizon promo.
I posted the offer details on page 152 of this thread, you also have to put the watch on a 2 year contract, so if you decide to cancel it "early termination fees". Verizon is month to month, and $5 per month if you activate, but as you said with Verizon you also have the Bluetooth option with no additional fees.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I posted the offer details on page 152 of this thread, you also have to put the watch on a 2 year contract, so if you decide to cancel it "early termination fees". Verizon is month to month, and $5 per month if you activate, but as you said with Verizon you also have the Bluetooth option with no additional fees.

Verizon has the better deal for sure, unfortunately you have to actually have the watch to get that deal... lol That deal isn't doing a dang bit of good for most of us...

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I received BBB emails stating that my complaint was sent to Samsung and Prizelogic so far. Still pending Verizon.

Prizelogic did reply with:
"Due to the success of this promotion, fulfillment delays caused by inventory shortages have been experienced. We apologize for the delay and have expedited your request with the fulfillment company."

We'll see if this makes any difference but I wont hold my breath.

Interesting how the Prize Logic response just overlooked the fact the promotion was on a first come first serve basis, but that the "first comers" have been left on the bottom of the pile.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I didnt have any issues with my order bought the phone on 6/10 was approved on 6/12 and recieved my vr today
Yours is the Father's Day Promo. It seems to be fine for you guys, so congratulations. Those of us in the first submission portion of the first (pre-order) promo are the people who can't seem to get our items shipped.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Samsung offer status page updated today. First time since mid April. Although it has said this before...

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung offer status page updated today. First time since mid April. Although it has said this before...

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route.

Lol. Mine still says shipping date pending... (after having already received the wrong items and them being sent back...)

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So, I did a little digging yesterday before work. I wanted to see what the BBB complaints had been for Samsung & Verizon recently. Btw, I also had confirmation emails from the BBB for Samsung & PL, but nothing from Verizon. Odd thing is...You can read Samsung's details of most complaints, but Verizon doesn't show a single detail. Just lists of dates of filings. Almost like they don't want you to see how they scr*w people over.
So, I take it PL is back in the ballgame after Monday's hissy fit? I guess Samsung said, "get yer a$$*s back to work!"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam