Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still no movement for me today! Nothing in FDM, Status is still pending...etc.

My status is still pending as well... Even though I received them (wrong items) on the 16th... I'm not sure if the status page is just THAT off or if the first package that came to me wasn't actually "my gift"...

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I think we have proven the old saying "Misery loves company". 5 out of 6 of the "Top Liked" from the member shoutout section at the top of the page are on this thread.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm 5'9 & built like a middle-aged lumberjack (in a dress, of course), but....I tried them on at BestBuy months ago. I don't think I will have a problem, but lots of people have said the bands made their wrists hot due to the material. I just ordered an adapter that will let me use regular watch bands...not sure if that will help on small wrists, tho'. Stainless Steel Watche Band Strap Connector Adapter for Samsung Gear S2 RM 720 | eBay

Woah you found the adapter on ebay? Neat. Which one did you opt for?

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm 5'9 & built like a middle-aged lumberjack (in a dress, of course), but....I tried them on at BestBuy months ago. I don't think I will have a problem, but lots of people have said the bands made their wrists hot due to the material. I just ordered an adapter that will let me use regular watch bands...not sure if that will help on small wrists, tho'. Stainless Steel Watche Band Strap Connector Adapter for Samsung Gear S2 RM 720 | eBay

Thank you maybe I will try it.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I just filled out the BBB Complaint against Samsung, I guess I should fill one out against Prizelogic and Brightpoint. I won't fill one out against Verizon because I wrote a complaint to their executive offices and they called me back and offered to send me the watches and stupid me said no because I had tracking information at that point and thought it would be wrong to do that.

Prizelogic sent me a return shipping label to return the (2) watches that I think may have opened and played with by Brightpoint. I was not going to send them back because I did not want to wait at least another month after waiting over 3 months. But since mine is not comfortable for me anyway and I am not wearing it, I will send mine back for them to replace it. This way I will get a brand new one and if I decide not to wear it I can give it away or sell it.

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
OMG! OMG! FDM shows a pkg to MEEEE from Brightpoint with a label created!! Please, please let it graduate to an actual shipment & arrive on my doorstep. Why, oh Why did I not file a BBB complaint weeks ago when I considered it? I am convinced that this is in response to the BBB filings. Either way....it's potentially almost over!!!! WooHoooo! (feel free to dance w/ me!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

THis music has me in the mood to dance! CELEBRATE!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Woah you found the adapter on ebay? Neat. Which one did you opt for?
I did not order the band, just the 'connector'. I actually ordered 2...a silver and a black. It was $13 and free shipping, so I'm not out much if they are cheap and break. Samsung's was going to be $45 by the time I paid for VAT & shipping, so I figured a knockoff from China was my option.

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I did not order the band, just the 'connector'. I actually ordered 2...a silver and a black. It was $13 and free shipping, so I'm not out much if they are cheap and break. Samsung's was going to be $45 by the time I paid for VAT & shipping, so I figured a knockoff from China was my option.

Good call. I have the connector in my cart right now, as well as a band and a screen protector, but I am hesitant to check out until I know a watch is on it's way.

I'm wondering if this watch band will integrate nicely with the band adapters

Any thoughts people of the forum?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Good call. I have the connector in my cart right now, as well as a band and a screen protector, but I am hesitant to check out until I know a watch is on it's way.

I'm wondering if this watch band will integrate nicely with the band adapters

Any thoughts people of the forum?
Check it out.... http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s2/658930-gear-s2-sport-strap-adapter.html

oops, I mean here: They show that band & it looks nice! http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s2/688727-gear-s2-owners-show-your-straps.html

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Certainly, I think I'll order then. Hopefully by the time the adapter and band come from overseas, I'll have the darn watch. But who knows :) Thank you for the links. Congrats on the shipping info btw.

crazytaxi95

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So prizelogic said this to me... still no update...

"Hi Adam, we wanted to follow up as we received an update from the shipping company. They confirmed they are to receive new S2 watches today at 5PM PT. In addition, we hope to have this processed for you in the next few days."

This was said Wed 6/22

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome