Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

r759nkc

May 9, 2016
Visit site
15 weeks 6 days, since submission (3/9). 11 weeks, 5 days since official approval email (4/7). My wait is finally over, received the watches today. Maybe there is something to that old adage, the watched pot..... hadn't checked status, called, nor read here on the forum in many days. Unfortunately, due to the wait, process, etc. the thrill of a new gadget is gone, I might get to setting them up sometime this weekend. For those still waiting on the March/S7 pre-release promotion, I hope your 'gifts' will be arriving soon too, there is still some hope.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Now I really think Fedex is taunting me. Left this morning from hub to go to the center just up the road from my house. No tracking info after that. Never made it to my center. Hopefully tomorrow is my day. At least I would have all day Thursday on my day off to mess around with it.

Somewhere on planet earth!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Aushoj, where are you??? What can we do to help? Want me to do another full-court assault on FB? Only this time I will say it's to get my friend his Gear S2? Would you like the lady's contact info that I spoke with at Verizon? Don't give up....we haven't!!!
Also, I'm working on my next conspiracy theory....can't make a go of it without you! ;)

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
oks10, how is your side going? They will receive Gear VR tomorrow, will follow up FB PL how it's going there side.
PS: Who is still on the waiting boat?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
oks10, how is your side going? They will receive Gear VR tomorrow, will follow up FB PL how it's going there side.
PS: Who is still on the waiting boat?
Absolutely no progress aside of PL trying to say my location code is what caused it but they so graciously requested "the fulfillment company" expedite my replacement like their doing me a freakin favor or something...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I responded to Samsung's reply to my BBB filing. Although I have the watch, I still refused their response because they said they were 'sowwy, but this was all because inventory was low' and that they were going to email me with shipment info as soon as it was ready to ship. Well, I attached the copy of my status (which still says pending) because it is just another case of them saying something that makes them look good, but is totally untrue. I said they should compensate those of us affected with a gift certificate as well as taking a long, hard look at the situation with BrightPoint & PrizeLogic... specifically how they are giving false info to Samsung customers. No, it won't do any good, but at least the BBB will have a record of what they are doing.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today.... Only took two weeks.... So far, it's pretty cool. Need to watch some tutorial on where to get the awe inspiring videos to watch. Tried jurassic world which was way cool but very short... Just one brontasourus for about 3 min.... Still way cool though..

I am glad it was free... Not sure j the woukd pay $100 for it simply because the content is jot there yet. But maybe I just haven't found it yet...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So, Conspiracy Theory Wednesday: Yesterday when I spoke with a Verizon Executive, (very nice person, btw), when we discussed that I had been waiting for over 100 days, she said that she thought that Samsung had been waiting 'until the 90 days had passed'. I questioned what she had said & she said something again about the 90 days so they couldn't be returned. While I have no idea at all what this means, perhaps some of you have a theory? I will admit, I have a strong Southern accent & I don't always 'catch' what people say if they talk fast (and, yes, I'm married to a guy with a Boston accent...makes for some interesting conversations! LOL), but I'm pretty sure I heard her correctly...Samsung was waiting for the 90 days to pass.
Thoughts?

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I would fight the 90 days thing. I'd show them my tracking and when I actually received the product and say..um no...I haven't had the watch for 90 days.

I think Verizon just looks for apples on a peach tree to shut us up.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they mean you have had the phone for 90 days so cannot return it and still get the watch. Problem is, a LOT of late submitters got their watches before the 90 day window

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I must admit that I am a bit paranoid based on Tammy's experience. Until I have the watch in hand I don't know that I would refuse an offer from Verizon. I would definitely be willing to trade it in if I did finally receive the one from Prizelogic.

I do think someone needs to step up and do something regarding the way the promotion was handled. A real explanation of what happened would be enough. A Samsung store credit wouldn't hurt either lol.

At least it looks like this is finally reaching its end though.

I am so happy that my friends here are finally receiving their watches after over 3 months. Now because I was honest and did not let Verizon send me one, I am sitting and waiting for Prizelogic to replace the used one they sent me. They are telling me it could be another month (I made a BBB complaint). We will see what happens.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I am so happy that my friends here are finally receiving their watches after over 3 months. Now because I was honest and did not let Verizon send me one, I am sitting and waiting for Prizelogic to replace the used one they sent me. They are telling me it could be another month (I made a BBB complaint). We will see what happens.
Can you get back in touch with Verizon & ask to take them up on their offer after you explain that you were sent used (and defective?) items?

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Can you get back in touch with Verizon & ask to take them up on their offer after you explain that you were sent used (and defective?) items?

I have an executive at Verizon's phone number that I now have been dealing with. She is calling this guy Shelby at Prizelogic to tell him another month is unacceptable but they did not offer to send me a watch. I can't blame them, when I complained to Verizon I had many problems with promises they made for my four lines besides the watches...they offered to send me the watches and I saw they were on the way so I turned that down. They did give me instead a free month of service (about $200 and said that when I activate the watches they will not charge me activation fees and give me a another small credit. It is not the $600 the watches were worth but it was nice of them (the watches are only worth $400 now that we waited so long lol). I feel like a pig asking them after all that to now send me a watch on top of it. At least my husband is using his and enjoying it.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So, Conspiracy Theory Wednesday: Yesterday when I spoke with a Verizon Executive, (very nice person, btw), when we discussed that I had been waiting for over 100 days, she said that she thought that Samsung had been waiting 'until the 90 days had passed'. I questioned what she had said & she said something again about the 90 days so they couldn't be returned. While I have no idea at all what this means, perhaps some of you have a theory? I will admit, I have a strong Southern accent & I don't always 'catch' what people say if they talk fast (and, yes, I'm married to a guy with a Boston accent...makes for some interesting conversations! LOL), but I'm pretty sure I heard her correctly...Samsung was waiting for the 90 days to pass.
Thoughts?

Yeap So that exec thought you’d have to hold on to the phone for X days to get the watch, kinda like what Verizon did for the bogo. But nope! The terms and conditions say nothing about that. And we have evidence that some very last in people have had their watches for less than the 90 days.

Verizon don’t know nothin’

So update on me: 16 weeks and Nothing! yeay!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad