Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Mine disconnects sometimes when on different floors in my home, and once I get about 7 offices down the hall at work. There is a notification

So seems like LOS. Was hoping to get range while out mowing the lawn and not have to download the songs to the watch.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
oks10, I got reply saying my Gear S2 should be included in next shipping batch (hoping there are watches for you in that too).
I was just informed this next batch should include yours. Please continue to look out for the email that will contain a tracking number - I can trust person behind PL FB. Let's wait couple more days :)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
No sure if this will hold any weight with those still waiting. I just went to register it on Samsung website and it is saying my manufacture date is 5/1/16. That could add a little validity to the ran out theory but still doesn't change the fact as to how it was handled. I plan to check in daily to see how everyone makes out. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Good to know at least they told us (me) the truth that gift inventory is out-of-stock. I think this completes the story

:Everyone:
- Claimed their gifts
- Gear S2 claimers*: Location Code and where was it bought checked
*If Location wasn't "valid", default their gifts to Gear VR
**While Gear VR claimers and "valid" Gear S2 claimers got their gifts shipped from original inventory.
- Since a lot of people were 'interested' in this promotion, numbers of gift extended.
- A lot of early Gear S2 claimers defaulted with Gear VR, which I guess was supplied from extended inventory while late* Gear S2 claimers got S2.
*Not to mention that some/many early S2 submitter received S2. **No offense
- Location wasn't 'valid' issue raised, BBB complaints, emails, social media triggered Fulfilment Company, PrizeLogic, Samsung, Verizon*
*Verizon wanted their customer to me happy, some Executives offer to ship S2 while other blame Samsung
- Samsung ordering PrizeLogic to fix this issue, PrizeLogic fixing "wrong gift received" while supplying from extended inventory.
At end everyone is getting what they needed*
*I hope :p

And there are people like Auhsoj who haven't received anything :(

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I activated my, but I am thinking about dropping it and using just Bluetooth. Even knowing I have the watch, found that I am seldom without my phone. The only times I have ever thought about using my watch was the couple of times I walked out of the house without my phone. And of course the only way that I have found that you can forward your phone to the watch is to be within Bluetooth range when you forward it, so if you don't have your phone with you, can't forward it. If someone knows if it can be forwarded remotely, please share. Of course you could make a call if needed from the watch itself, but is that worth $6-$7 a month (they do add taxes and fees to the $5 a month charge)? You are right, texting is the pits, I will read them on the watch, but unless the reply is a quick "okay", not going to bother on the watch.

It can be forwarded remotely. I tested extensively when I first got mine. Your S2 has to connect remotely via Samsung account then you can do the forwarding from the watch. Phone still has to be on for it to work tho.

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Glad you are enjoying yourself. I need to get the band connectors when I finally get mine. Where did you get them?
I got mine from Ebay, but I think they were cheaper on Amazon by a few pennies. They are calling them connectors instead of adapters, probably so they won't get sued by Samsung?

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I got mine from Ebay, but I think they were cheaper on Amazon by a few pennies. They are calling them connectors instead of adapters, probably so they won't get sued by Samsung?
They are on Amazon, but they are not available for Prime, When I looked this morning, the delivery day shows July 27-Aug 12 unless you want to pay a $38 expedite fee. Not sure how long it takes from e-bay.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
It can be forwarded remotely. I tested extensively when I first got mine. Your S2 has to connect remotely via Samsung account then you can do the forwarding from the watch. Phone still has to be on for it to work tho.

Toad

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the info, the phone being on would not be a problem with me, I never turn it off, just an occasional restart to reset everything. I've had to do a restart on the watch as well, it was going a little crazy on me, the restart did the trick.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
@Aushoj you haven't received anything what so ever?

Yeap nothing. 3/9! gotta be the OLDEST HERE! WHO CAN CHALLENGE ME!

I have e-mails from PL Samsung and Verizon claiming I will get the S2 if I get VRs... sooo theres that...

just checked the status site: wooo I flipped to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route" From "approved processing"

Again! I swear that its on a timer, They must reset that server every now and then and then a timer starts then after X days it changes status. LOL

Oh hey for the ones who just got the watch! check the status page for me! it be good for a laugh!

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeap nothing. 3/9! gotta be the OLDEST HERE! WHO CAN CHALLENGE ME!

I have e-mails from PL Samsung and Verizon claiming I will get the S2 if I get VRs... sooo theres that...

just checked the status site: wooo I flipped to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route" From "approved processing"

Again! I swear that its on a timer, They must reset that server every now and then and then a timer starts then after X days it changes status. LOL

Oh hey for the ones who just got the watch! check the status page for me! it be good for a laugh!

Josh, Ill be here with you until you can post a pic of your s2/s3 on your hand.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No sure if this will hold any weight with those still waiting. I just went to register it on Samsung website and it is saying my manufacture date is 5/1/16. That could add a little validity to the ran out theory but still doesn't change the fact as to how it was handled. I plan to check in daily to see how everyone makes out. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Oh, I have no doubt they ran out of inventory but like I said in a previous post, that should have never effected those of us that submitted within the first week.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh, I have no doubt they ran out of inventory but like I said in a previous post, that should have never effected those of us that submitted within the first week.

Most definitely. This whole thing was a pure mess as to how it was and still is being handled.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for checking the manufacture date, I was wondering about that.
I’m still going with my theory that there are a woefully pitiful amount of watches set aside from the production line for promotional purposes. Because of choices made by Samsung, specifically re-opening the promotion after the initial quota was met. The demand way out paced the % set aside for promotion.

There should have been some office dweller figuring this out. Maybe there was, that’s why that “delayed till summer” bit was put out. They could have increased the amount put aside for promotion. They just didn’t care enough.

I see you Samsung! Ill never buy that Fridge now!

Oh and +1 for figuring out my name, I guess you can keep the kings son, but no more straw into gold for you!

Protip: double the amount of favorite passwords in your head by inputting them backwards! brought to you by American Dyslexia Association | Dyslexia - We can help!

(Im not dyslexic btw) (lol)

May 25, 2016
Visit site

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route!

FedEx Tracking Number: FINDITATYOURDOOR.

Changed to that 2 days after I got the watch, which was on 6/09/2016, 83 Days after I submitted (Yes I know don't glare at me, I know I submitted after you.) I never saw it in FDM. It was rather odd....

I do wonder if it will ever change to something like:

Enjoy your watch!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1