Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info, the phone being on would not be a problem with me, I never turn it off, just an occasional restart to reset everything. I've had to do a restart on the watch as well, it was going a little crazy on me, the restart did the trick.

I decided not to activate my cellular on my watch, my main purpose for the watch is to preread messages and the like, I need the screen on my phone too much to really "ditch it" And given the battery on the watch isn't stellar....I do wonder what the call time on it would be anyway.

Still, the idea of hooking up a Bluetooth hands free to my watch and not having my phone on me for calls is rather appealing. Just for the cool factor.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What's interesting is that they shipped those VR's to me almost 2 weeks ago yet my status is still delivery pending...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
What's interesting is that they shipped those VR's to me almost 2 weeks ago yet my status is still delivery pending...

So when they shipped the used watches to me the status changed to where there was a tracking number a few days after I already got the used watches. After I complained that they were used and sent me a return label for them the status went back to Shipping Pending.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So when they shipped the used watches to me the status changed to where there was a tracking number a few days after I already got the used watches. After I complained that they were used and sent me a return label for them the status went back to Shipping Pending.
Huh. That's probably the most intelligent thing that's happened throughout this entire promotion! Lol.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed mine changed as well to that.

Somewhere on planet earth!

huh ok so at least two other peoples status change changed to that.

just checking to see if its still de rigueur to do the mass change and that the status page is still not reflecting any thing in reality

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016

My status after returning VR

PS: The shipping company has yet to receive this batch, but [they] mentioned to us that there are around 1,700 devices. We note that yours is apart of these 1,700

Last edited:

iamshawno

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
okay, so went in to ATT store, grabbed
2 s7 edge,
2 gear s2 watches,
2 galaxy tab E's,
2 cases,
2 screen protectors,
2 wireless charge pads, and just got fedex shipping confirmation for
2 vr's
total spent was
$1003.77 (I had to pay tax on free items full price since I live in CA, if you live in a tax free state your total would come to like 900 bucks o_O)
essentially got the watch and tablet free with att
also got the bogo on the edge phones of course
and then like half off on the accessories etc.
vr's through samsung...there are so many promos going right now its wild
so this x2 basically
NOTE: My fedex tracking only says "label created for the VR's) I filed it with samsung plus on 6/24 accepted on 6/28 and was sent tracking info today 6/30)

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 23

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like my saga is finally ending. Wifey told me I received a box from fed-ex and FDM confirms. Here's to hoping it is new.

I hope Aushoj and anyone else still waiting receives theirs soon.

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So i was a 3/11 submitter (i think, it has been so long) i received my stuff on the 14th of june. On July 1 I am sending my watch back to samsung for repairs. 8-12 hours of battery life is simply unacceptable.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I woke up to a surprise this morning....my phone was reset...completely factory reset with it sitting on a blue 'begin setup' page with some kind of writing (korean?) and I had to make it go to english. I finally have my phone back and 90 days of texts, but that's it. my pics, videos are all gone. I'm getting ready to go figure out how to get my gift cards that were held in Samsung Pay to show up again. This is absolutely the most aggravating. Can't help but wonder if it has to do with my refusing their BBB response. I had to agree to a mega page EULA from Samsung just to get it to reload. Anyone else having this issue? Oh....and Aushoj...my status changed yesterday to exactly what yours is saying. Even tho' I have the watch.

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like my saga is finally ending. Wifey told me I received a box from fed-ex and FDM confirms. Here's to hoping it is new.

I hope Aushoj and anyone else still waiting receives theirs soon.

Forgot to add, submitted 3/11. Did file BBB complaint. I am now home and watch is charging. Now I need to find a 007 watch face.

locdawg

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Well as of June 30th no S2 gear. I'm at the 16 weeks mark. I filed a complaint with BBB on Samsung and Verizon. So on June 28th Samsung Tier 2 emailed me stating I will receive gift in 4 weeks due to pending shipment. At this point I give up. Lesson learned is unless it comes with what your buying just don't trust word of mouth.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well as of June 30th no S2 gear. I'm at the 16 weeks mark. I filed a complaint with BBB on Samsung and Verizon. So on June 28th Samsung Tier 2 emailed me stating I will receive gift in 4 weeks due to pending shipment. At this point I give up. Lesson learned is unless it comes with what your buying just don't trust word of mouth.
No joke... My wife's friend went and bought a S7 with AT&T and walked out with the phone and a free Gear S2... She was nice and didn't talk too much about it bc she knows we've been waiting since March... Never again Verizon, never again...

MercGman

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Submitted for Verizon Gear S2 watch on 3/9. Status changed to "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending" soon after. Received email from Samsung Promotions on 5/5: "Congratulations on your new Samsung Gear S2! After you receive your product in the mail, don't forget to activate it." Received another email from Samsung Promotions on 5/18: "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship yourSamsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering for this Offer." They also informed me of shipping in May and possibly "Summer 2016" (at least they attached a year to it). I requested a status update from PrizeLogic over a week ago and still no response.

This is nuts. Whether or not I ever see my Gear S2, I'm done with Verizon/Samsung promotions and will not ever let them sway my purchasing decision again.

BBB is my next step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC