Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

MaineiacJay

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Ah, I see. Well, that's good then. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hopefully it arrives soon. Although the stories of used and not working things are still daunting. I can't believe they would send out junk. Smh.

Good luck guys. If you haven't already, post to samsungs Facebook page. I have had many issues over the years with different companies and made calls and complaints and nothing was ever done until I made a public complaint on the companies Facebook page. Then they were very quick to make it right, with incentive. Can't say 100% it will work, but it's best the best method for me over the years. Good luck!

MaineiacJay

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
One other question. It said there would be a $50 experience bundle. When I created my account, the stuff that was added to my library was a bunch of free apps, which I'll be pretty ticked if their bundle was stuff I could get for free...

Is there something special I need to do to get this bundle? I really hope they aren't just trying to pass off free apps as "$50 experience bundle"

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
One other question. It said there would be a $50 experience bundle. When I created my account, the stuff that was added to my library was a bunch of free apps, which I'll be pretty ticked if their bundle was stuff I could get for free...

Is there something special I need to do to get this bundle? I really hope they aren't just trying to pass off free apps as "$50 experience bundle"
I'm 99% sure that's exactly what they're doing... They did the same on the first promo...

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

As far as I know, that "$50 experience bundle" is indeed apps in Oculus Store.

the Participant will be sent a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and provided a VR content experience (est. $50 value), redeemable as a digital download from the Oculus store (“Gift”).

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yo oks10, anything from you side about S2? I haven't got any label created nor more time to pass around cuz of work.
If you get any update let me know, chances are it will be same for me too. I will let you know if I get any update :)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yo oks10, anything from you side about S2? I haven't got any label created nor more time to pass around cuz of work.
If you get any update let me know, chances are it will be same for me too. I will let you know if I get any update :)
I figured nothing would happen this weekend given the holiday... maybe this next friday??... *fingers crossed*

KYman37

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Got a call from FedEX just now wanting to know how to get to my house. Could this be it? I'm not expecting anything else. We shall see.

Posted via the Android Central App

KYman37

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I just called to track it by address because I don't have a tracking number, and I ask for the tracking number and was told that she couldn't give it to me over the phone, but told me it's weight was close to a pound.

Posted via the Android Central App

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I woke up to a surprise this morning....my phone was reset...completely factory reset with it sitting on a blue 'begin setup' page with some kind of writing (korean?) and I had to make it go to english. I finally have my phone back and 90 days of texts, but that's it. my pics, videos are all gone. I'm getting ready to go figure out how to get my gift cards that were held in Samsung Pay to show up again. This is absolutely the most aggravating. Can't help but wonder if it has to do with my refusing their BBB response. I had to agree to a mega page EULA from Samsung just to get it to reload. Anyone else having this issue? Oh....and Aushoj...my status changed yesterday to exactly what yours is saying. Even tho' I have the watch.

Do you have cloud service with Verizon? Several years back they gave 25 gig of cloud service per line for life (as long as account is active and in good standing).All my pictures automatically back up to the cloud. Since I am really bad about not saving my pictures off my phone to my computer, it did come in handy once when I had a phone die.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Do you have cloud service with Verizon? Several years back they gave 25 gig of cloud service per line for life (as long as account is active and in good standing).All my pictures automatically back up to the cloud. Since I am really bad about not saving my pictures off my phone to my computer, it did come in handy once when I had a phone die.
Yes,Verizon, but I did not backup to the cloud since I got the new phone. I shared pics with friends & now I'm only missing 1 pic, 1 video, & a ringtone. It was just 2 days of frustration trying to get it all back.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I actually used my watch like D*ck Tracy's wrist phone via bluetooth! OMG, so much fun. I'm going to get my husband a hat & weirdo coat at the thrift shop so he can be DT for Halloween!
Dt2wrr.jpg

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Tuesday! no watches for me! 118 days!

No BBB forms for me on Friday a nice old lady wanted to total my car for me! so I have tons of other paperwork to do for now!

MercGman

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I finally received a response from my PrizeLogic inquiry a couple of weeks ago;
"Thank you for your inquiry, a tracking number has not been issued. No further action is required. Due to the success of the promotion, the wait has been longer than anticipated. We appreciate your patience. You will be emailed when tracking is available. Please check your email, including spam folders. You may also check the status tool for updates. https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Thank You,
Prize logic Support"

Useless as teats on a bull. 118 days and counting for my S2. Maybe I'll get it after the S3 is released?

ncterry

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, I am glad that I came across your post. I got my Edge S7 on 3/8 and submitted my promotion on 3/11. I initially got a ship date of some time in April, so long ago I don't remember. It then updated to ship date of 5/8/16. And there it remains. I have gone back and forth between Verizon, Samsung and Prizelogic. Still had no updates up through Friday 7/1/16. Not until I submitted a complaint to the BBB for each of them. I had been more than patient, but the best answer they could give was we don't have any updates, you'll get an email from FedEx was just not acceptable. So after filing my complaints with the BBB on Friday, I received a call from someone at the Verizon Executive offices called me Friday. I was told that they would look into it and give me an update on Tuesday since Monday was a holiday. Well, I got a call today and was told they didn't have any luck getting any updates either but they would ship me out a S2 so I should have it by Friday. I don't know if I'm more excited to have an update or that this whole saga is close to an end. I know for me, no more promotions through them unless is is something you can get right there and right then.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
119 days and no watches! BBB complaints in. (4 of them)

Heres the basics for people who want to do the same. I encourage changing wording and adding personal details

Problem:

I am a participant of the Samsung Galaxy S7 launch promotion in where I was to receive free Samsung gear s2 with purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7. As of July 7th I have waited 119 days, nearly 4 months for my promotional products and have not received it.

Original Terms and conditions agreed to outlined a 6-8 week delivery window. It has been an additional 9 weeks from the original 8 week period for a total of 17 weeks without product delivery.

Resolution:
Honor the promotions promises and arrange for direct merchandise pick up of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches a Verizon retail store in, or arrange for overnight delivery of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches to complainant address, or e-mail gift certificates to the Samsung.com or Verizon.com, of equal or greater value to complainant.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
119 days and no watches! BBB complaints in. (4 of them)

Heres the basics for people who want to do the same. I encourage changing wording and adding personal details

Problem:

I am a participant of the Samsung Galaxy S7 launch promotion in where I was to receive free Samsung gear s2 with purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7. As of July 7th I have waited 119 days, nearly 4 months for my promotional products and have not received it.

Original Terms and conditions agreed to outlined a 6-8 week delivery window. It has been an additional 9 weeks from the original 8 week period for a total of 17 weeks without product delivery.

Resolution:
Honor the promotions promises and arrange for direct merchandise pick up of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches at the Verizon retail store in, or arrange for overnight delivery of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches to complainant address, or e-mail gift certificates to the Samsung.com or Verizon.com, of equal or greater value to complainant.

Good luck... I'm interested to see what their response is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol