Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm just at work doing my part to break the fedex tracking page with mine being shown as out for delivery... lol *refresh* nope, still not delivered. :D

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well well. What do we have here??... :D THAT is a much better size box than what I got the first time!
fc6552ae75c746a7efcbf1283cb92c8d.jpg

Oh, and of course FedEx comes RIGHT as my wife is putting our 1yr old to sleep for a nap which made the dogs lose their minds and our girl to freak out crying (room is next to the front door)... Now I have to sit here until the end of the day knowing the watches are at my house but I don't get to play with them... lol

Last edited:

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Soo Jealous right now! You must be burning a hole in your screen right now just staring at that little box.

Its so amazing that you were able to get the wrong thing and then send it back and then get the right thing before I even get mine! LOL life!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
PL/Samsung status update: Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route
Today, I get a FEDEX delivery envelope from Verizon. It says they paid $20 to send it overnight. I wish they'd given me the $20 instead. It is a receipt for an item that cost $0.00 (no mention of what the item is) and a copy of my current plan description. It says I can return it within 14 days with a restocking fee of $35. I thought the 'crazy' was over when I got the watches. I guess not?
I think I found out why they weren't so eager to help me before I filed the BBB complaint (and why they kept quoting me how much time they had spent helping me each time I called). Come to find out, my contract ran out with them in May. I'm on the smallest plan, so each time I called Customer Service, they were kinda losing money on me. Now that I know I'm kinda costing them money to keep me on....maybe I should settle in & stay for a while? LOL!

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Never noticed it either. So far the only thing I hate about it is the band. Have a new one here already just have to wait on the connector. They are on a slow boat from China! I knew I should have ordered them a month ago.

Somewhere on planet earth!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector. It does have gorilla glass. After several bumps and brushes, no scratches or marks.
I ordered some but couldn't just let it sit at home today... lol
846abd8c59fb676fb4838bf6f03ad32a.jpg

I don't know why the crap tapatalk is posting that picture sideways...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Looks great! I am loving mine, although I find it quite large & bulky for a watch. We are basically wearing a computer on our wrist & I'm having the audacity to complain that it's bulky? LOL Anyway, I totally get why a woman (or man) with smaller wrists (TammyH commented on this) would have trouble with the size & weight. I find I'm having to tighten the band to keep it from slipping around...can't imaging it would be comfy if I were a petite person. Am I being socially appropriate with my gender based descriptions???

Last edited:
May 25, 2016
Visit site
Looks great! I am loving mine, although I find it quite large & bulky for a watch. We are basically wearing a computer on our wrist & I'm having the audacity to complain that it's bulky? LOL Anyway, I totally get why a woman (or man) with smaller wrists (TammyH commented on this) would have trouble with the size & weight.

Which is funny (to me) because I am a big man with rather large wrists and the band barely fits. (2nd notch to end is tight, 1st notch is comfy)

But on the flip side it does fit comfortably on my wrist....size/weight wise....because I'm a big guy. So....I'll be thankful.

No Whine, No Overheating Issues.