Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

locdawg

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
After filing a complaint with BBB on Verizon /samsung. My S2 arrived today and I filed a complaint 2 weeks ago. My wait is finally over after 5 months. Good luck to anyone else who's still waiting.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi [my name] - I'm going to have a watch expedited to you. Please allow 7 days at the most to be received. - PrizeLogic
Then that day (7/8) Samsung Status changed from pending to in route, yet no emails regarding tracking number, nothing in FDM.
Am I the last one waiting? ._.

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting..bought mine 1st week,got email on approved 1st week in April, have had 4 calls to Samsung that were to be elevated go 2nd tier, not one call back..
Any suggestions???
Darrell

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I got them! I'll post pics when I get to a real computer

There the grey ones, 3g, haven't figured out the manufacture date yet, but they had 91% charge on them. (Probably very new)

Now how to figure out how to use the thing.

The grey bands look horrible. Size and shape are good for my wrist.

Should have told that rep to let me upgrade to classics and activate them for free for a year.

Ah regrets!

But at least it's over!

Although as you can tell the bbb complaints did nothing.

But I still recommend doing them to anyone who do sent have thier watches!

I wonder if there's another general s2 use forum on this site we can all migrate too?(the mods will come after us eventually)

woo hoo! Glad to hear it.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting..bought mine 1st week,got email on approved 1st week in April, have had 4 calls to Samsung that were to be elevated go 2nd tier, not one call back..
Any suggestions???
Darrell

The only consistent thing that seems to work has been a complaint to the BBB. I would suggest hop on that train.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Any suggestions???
Darrell
If you purchased from Verizon Wireless, try contacting Verizon (although it only seems to have worked only rare occasions). I'm convinced that the only reason I have mine is due to filing with the BBB against Verizon, Samsung, & PrizeLogic (triple whammy).

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Been pretty busy lately but I have been trying to keep up with this. It looks like some folks have received their watches but some are still waiting :/.

Do we have a count of how many are still waiting from the original promotion on here? BBB is definintely the way to go.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Looks great! I am loving mine, although I find it quite large & bulky for a watch. We are basically wearing a computer on our wrist & I'm having the audacity to complain that it's bulky? LOL Anyway, I totally get why a woman (or man) with smaller wrists (TammyH commented on this) would have trouble with the size & weight. I find I'm having to tighten the band to keep it from slipping around...can't imaging it would be comfy if I were a petite person. Am I being socially appropriate with my gender based descriptions???

You are correct, as I said before it was very heavy and big for my wrist (I am between 5'1 and 5'2 and have very small hands and wrists). I had to return mine because it looked used when I received it and did not work correctly. When I finally get the new one I do not know what I will do with it. I have the original Samsung Fit watch which is a little big for me but comfortable. The new Samsung Fit came out and would be good for me but they would never let me exchange it for that even though it is over $100 cheaper then the S2. Maybe I will try to sell the S2 and but the new Samsung fit, we will see.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Been pretty busy lately but I have been trying to keep up with this. It looks like some folks have received their watches but some are still waiting :/.

Do we have a count of how many are still waiting from the original promotion on here? BBB is definintely the way to go.
I think we may be down to 2? AnotherName and TammyH66 both are waiting on replacements. Other than that, I think we may all have them. As Aushoj said, we may have to move to another forum so they don't kick us out of here. LOL Maybe....'We have our Gear S2s, now what?'

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm convinced that the only reason I have mine is due to filing with the BBB against Verizon, Samsung, & PrizeLogic (triple whammy).

I spoke with a Verizon manager, sent copies of emails showing I had been approved for the watch, and received an S2 directly from them due to non-response, to them, from Samsung and PrizeLogic. Now, it appears I also have a watch inbound via Fedex due this Wednesday.

Don't disagree with your plan, just saying that Verizon does respond if you speak with the right person.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I think we may be down to 2? AnotherName and TammyH66 both are waiting on replacements. Other than that, I think we may all have them. As Aushoj said, we may have to move to another forum so they don't kick us out of here. LOL Maybe....'We have our Gear S2s, now what?'

I agree there needs to be a place for us to hang out. I mean really how much time can I spend looking at my smoker waiting for the meatloaf to cook!

Somewhere on planet earth!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I agree there needs to be a place for us to hang out. I mean really how much time can I spend looking at my smoker waiting for the meatloaf to cook!

Somewhere on planet earth!

LOL and I do not want to have to work all day. We can make a facebook page...Samsung/Prizelogic Victims

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So, there's good news & bad news regarding the band adapter/connector. The expensive Samsung 'official' adapter from Germany is lightweight, plastic & the exact color of the watch. The inexpensive Ebay connecters from China are much heavier (metal?), but the dark grey is actually a bronze color. I got both silver & dark grey so I could change out bands without dealing with those 20mm spring-loaded metal pins from Hell. Sadly, the grey isn't terrible, but if you are persnickety about such things, it might be off enough to drive you crazy. Here's the pic:View attachment 231780

I had a few bad experiences with my cheap adapters. The paint didn't match at all, and it was flaking off before I even took them out of the bag. I put the watch band on anyways and wore them for about 6 hours, and the adapters fell off twice, they don't latch as securely as the factory ones. The ebay seller offered to refund half of the cost. I'll just stick with the tacky rubber ones for now.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I had a few bad experiences with my cheap adapters. The paint didn't match at all, and it was flaking off before I even took them out of the bag. I put the watch band on anyways and wore them for about 6 hours, and the adapters fell off twice, they don't latch as securely as the factory ones. The ebay seller offered to refund half of the cost. I'll just stick with the tacky rubber ones for now.
I had the same experience with the cheap ones, and it took over 3 weeks to get them. The Samsung connectors "official" adapters only took about a week. but they were a lot more expensive, but at least they stay on. I ordered the 20mm band from Amazon, got it 2 days (prime) I think it was $12, it said it was black, but blends great with the dark grey watch.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes! The cheapie metal connectors fell out of the watch over & over again. I decided it wasn't worth taking the chance on having the watch fall off & go by-by after all I went thru to get it! I'm hoping Samsung gets them to the U.S. soon (and that they go down in $$).

MercGman

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I filed a BBB complaint on PrizeLogic last Thurs. night. I received a phone call during a meeting Fri. morning and received a voicemail from "Joshua" at PrizeLogic who wanted me to return the call. I called back and got Joshua's voicemail and left a message. The weekend passed and was full of personal drama, didn't hear anything back from PrizeLogic and didn't have time to call. Brought my wife home from the hospital and there's a FedEx box on the front porch. My S2 finally arrived. March 9th thru July 12th....that's 4-6 weeks, right? ;-)

My status this evening is showing "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route"

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Glad that you finally got yours! It's about time that this all got sorted out! Anyone out there still waiting? We should all do something to try and get the ball rolling for those who have yet to receive a watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz