Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I've had good luck with mine, purchased through Amazon. The only complaint that I've had is actually the opposite, when I try to show others how the connectors work, I can't get them unlatched!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had good luck with mine, purchased through Amazon. The only complaint that I've had is actually the opposite, when I try to show others how the connectors work, I can't get them unlatched!
Are they lightweight plastic, or heavy & metal? My 'Samsung from Germany' plastic adapters are kinda hard to get out, but I definitely hear a little click when they slide in. These Ebay metal ones are unusable.

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site

Bufordgsp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, everyone

I am still waiting for my Gear S2. I put my claim in on 3/9 at 1pm and got the congratulations email on the 12th and that was the 2nd to last email I got from them. On June 15 I received a Gear VR. I called Prizelogic who said it was the location code and I was lucky to receive any gift because only people who purchased online were allowed gifts. I said I did purchase it online so they told me to call Verizon. Verizon said I did purchase it online and they would help and called Samsung. While I was on line a they both verified I was qualified for the Gear S2 and that it is Prizelogic's fault and wished me luck and gave me prizlogics number. So I read in this forum that people had luck contacting the Samsung CEO complaint line and I fired of an email. On June 20th I got my 2nd and last email saying the wrong gift was sent in error and for me to send it back and the Gear S2 would be sent (a return label was enclosed). They received the VR on Friday june 25th and I still do not have the watch. I checked FDM as suggested and no luck. I called prizelogic on Monday and was told they no longer handle Samsung promotions and to contact Samsung. Well Samsung said that my case was never escalated to tier 2 and asked for a phone number to call me back. They did confirm that I did indeed send back the VR though. I am still waiting on the call back.that they promised would happen in 24 - 48 hours. The 48 hours just past.

Henry

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, everyone

I am still waiting for my Gear S2. I put my claim in on 3/9 at 1pm and got the congratulations email on the 12th and that was the 2nd to last email I got from them. On June 15 I received a Gear VR. I called Prizelogic who said it was the location code and I was lucky to receive any gift because only people who purchased online were allowed gifts. I said I did purchase it online so they told me to call Verizon. Verizon said I did purchase it online and they would help and called Samsung. While I was on line a they both verified I was qualified for the Gear S2 and that it is Prizelogic's fault and wished me luck and gave me prizlogics number. So I read in this forum that people had luck contacting the Samsung CEO complaint line and I fired of an email. On June 20th I got my 2nd and last email saying the wrong gift was sent in error and for me to send it back and the Gear S2 would be sent (a return label was enclosed). They received the VR on Friday june 25th and I still do not have the watch. I checked FDM as suggested and no luck. I called prizelogic on Monday and was told they no longer handle Samsung promotions and to contact Samsung. Well Samsung said that my case was never escalated to tier 2 and asked for a phone number to call me back. They did confirm that I did indeed send back the VR though. I am still waiting on the call back.that they promised would happen in 24 - 48 hours. The 48 hours just past.

Henry

Go here and file a complaint. Consumer Experience for Samsung Electronics America Inc. - BBB serving New Jersey

BTW, the rest of you all should read that page as well because the BBB contacted Samsung specifically about the pattern of complaints that were rolling in about this promotion.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
. The 48 hours just past.

Henry, I think it's time for you to contact Verizon again. Also, file BBB complaints against Samsung, Verizon, & PrizeLogic a.s.a.p. << If you look at the last 10/12 pages or so on here, that was what seemed to get the ball rolling for many of us. Let us know if/when you get some type of resolution? It's been a long journey (as you well know) & some of us are still checking in to support those who haven't received their 'gifts'. Good Luck with Verizon!!!!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Go here and file a complaint. Consumer Experience for Samsung Electronics America Inc. - BBB serving New Jersey
BTW, the rest of you all should read that page as well because the BBB contacted Samsung specifically about the pattern of complaints that were rolling in about this promotion.
OMG, the last line is not true! All Gear VR and Gear S2 3G redemption gifts, including the expanded quantity of gifts made available, have now shipped to consumers. I hope Henry contacts BBB about this, because obviously they forgot a few.

mdvf121

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
OMG, the last line is not true! All Gear VR and Gear S2 3G redemption gifts, including the expanded quantity of gifts made available, have now shipped to consumers. I hope Henry contacts BBB about this, because obviously they forgot a few.
The last line is what got me to file a complaint. Long time lurker. My story is much like @AnotherName except on Twitter. I contacted them again on Monday and they said I should have shipping info by tomorrow. My status changed shortly after from pending to its on its way, but still nothing in FDM. I didn't want to file because the response on Twitter DM seemed to be working (slowly but they do respond) but that line about everyone getting there “gifts" did it for me.

I've never had to work this hard for a "gift".

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
The last line is what got me to file a complaint. Long time lurker. My story is much like @AnotherName except on Twitter. I contacted them again on Monday and they said I should have shipping info by tomorrow. My status changed shortly after from pending to its on its way, but still nothing in FDM. I didn't want to file because the response on Twitter DM seemed to be working (slowly but they do respond) but that line about everyone getting there “gifts" did it for me.

I've never had to work this hard for a "gift".
That's the reason I haven't file BBB yet, the person who is helping me doing it 'slowing'. I got a phone call from PL today informing that I should be able to get tracking information by end of "this week" If nothings happens, BBB is only other way.

Still wondering what's keeping them delaying so much, they got "new inventory of gifts" to shipping company and still waiting e.e

Bufordgsp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, my status change last night on the Samsung website for the first time to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route". After reading through the forum it looks like the send stuff out on Fridays. If I dont see something on FDM by the weekend I will file with the BBB. I will keep you updated

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
That's the reason I haven't file BBB yet, the person who is helping me doing it 'slowing'. I got a phone call from PL today informing that I should be able to get tracking information by end of "this week" If nothings happens, BBB is only other way.

Still wondering what's keeping them delaying so much, they got "new inventory of gifts" to shipping company and still waiting e.e

Might want to just go ahead and draft that complaint. PL does not have a good history of follow through on any promise they have made, based on what we have all experienced here. On the flip side, I really hope that the tracking number comes through for you by tomorrow!!

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, my status change last night on the Samsung website for the first time to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route". After reading through the forum it looks like the send stuff out on Fridays. If I dont see something on FDM by the weekend I will file with the BBB. I will keep you updated

Don't get your hopes up too much on the Samsung Promotions information page. As often as not if it says its on route it isn't "actually" so, but simply slated to be so. Then you'll get the watch, a day or so later the information page will update with a FedEx tracker for a package already delivered, and then wont change again. My watch is still on route according to the page, and it has been on my wrist for over a month now.....

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
my samsung promotions page changed also. It says in route and gives me the tracking number for both watches (I am waiting for one replacement). The tracking number is the tracking number for the watches they delivered in June that were used. I called them yet again and they are looking into it.I am not as crazed about it because I do not think I can wear it, it seems too heavy and too big. Husband is enjoying it though.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Mine changed. It still says in route, but they added the tracking numbers. Had to be within the last day or so...I checked it earlier this week. WooHooo....they gave me the tracking numbers just like they said they would! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20