Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Bufordgsp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I just filed my complaint using the link below. I did call the Samsung promotions dept and was told I would need to wait 48 hours tier 2 to call me back. I filed my complaint against Samsung though since they are now handling the promotions.

Henry

Go here and file a complaint. Consumer Experience for Samsung Electronics America Inc. - BBB serving New Jersey

BTW, the rest of you all should read that page as well because the BBB contacted Samsung specifically about the pattern of complaints that were rolling in about this promotion.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I guess BBB did work instant delivery , finally the wait is over. Who ever is still waiting, you won't get a tracking number till you get package.
PS: My label was created on 7/15 (day which I was suppose to get a tracking number) and got package today.
QQH8JSQ.jpg

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
BBB people, is there way to take complaint back or something ?

Seems like complaint is still valid. 4+ months to receive unacceptable. Samsung still needs to take a "ding" on this one. Easy enough to respond to the BBB query and say "item received, although very delayed, after complaint filed".

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I guess BBB did work instant delivery , finally the wait is over. Who ever is still waiting, you won't get a tracking number till you get package.
PS: My label was created on 7/15 (day which I was suppose to get a tracking number) and got package today.
View attachment 232544
That is great! They must not be shipping FedEx Home delivery anymore, since they don't normally deliver on Monday. They must be shipping overnight now.

mdvf121

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question to those who filed a complaint through the BBB, how long did it take to get a response back from Samsung?
I filed mine on Wednesday against Samsung and I just got an email from BBB saying they've read it and are now sending it to samsung. So NJ BBB is a little slow at reading. I filed last night against PRIZELOGIC and I just got the email a few minutes ago saying there sending it to Prizelogic.

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know what it means, "you've been moved to tier 2"? Just got that message from Samsung. Do you know how much wait period there is after tier 2? Thx

Posted via the Android Central App

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
what samsung did you guys use when writing the complaint on BBB?

after being lied to for 4 months and spending one morning every week on the phone with prize logic / samsung, i'm fed up.

Bufordgsp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Just an update, I got an email from FDM saying a 1lb package is being overnighter from Bright point. I still have not heard back from Samsung but I believe it was the complaint to the BBB that helped.

Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know what it means, "you've been moved to tier 2"? Just got that message from Samsung. Do you know how much wait period there is after tier 2? Thx

Posted via the Android Central App

So far the experience has been that " tier 2" allows Samsung to delay another two or more weeks while you wait for them to call you back. The only consistent results seem to have been from BBB complaints, so hopefully the compliant you filed will get the ball rolling in short order.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So far the experience has been that " tier 2" allows Samsung to delay another two or more weeks while you wait for them to call you back. The only consistent results seem to have been from BBB complaints, so hopefully the compliant you filed will get the ball rolling in short order.

agreed, i've been on tier 2 since early june, every time i've called since they tell me they'll move me to tier 2 (even though I should already be there) and get a call in 48 hours.... that never happens. complained on the BBB website yesterday, we'll see how it goes.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Well look at that, filed a BBB complaint yesterday at 4PM, and just now I received a response from Samsung to my complaint saying they can send out the watch right away.