Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So I get a response from Samsung regarding my BBB complaint that goes like this.

Upon further review of the customer’s file, the tracking information provided to the consumer shows the S2s were delivered on 7/7. FedEx Tracking: 634697143363. We apologize for any inconveniences and delays the customer may have experienced with this case. For further inquiries, please have customer contact Samsung at 888-480-5675 between the hours of 9AM and 6PM EST, Monday through Friday. Thank you

The only problem with this is that I did not receive anything on July 7th and when you track the package it was not going to me, I live in Queens, NY. So now where do I begin now?

Bufordgsp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
My wait is over, my S2 arrived yesterday via overnight Fedex. I submitted my complaint on Monday 7/18 and it was sent to Samsung at 1am on the 19th. I received a tracking number from Fedex at 11:30 that same day. If you are still waiting contact the BBB.

@Tammy I would call the BBB and tell them the info Samsung as sent is incorrect and see if the can help any further.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
So I get a response from Samsung regarding my BBB complaint that goes like this.

Upon further review of the customer’s file, the tracking information provided to the consumer shows the S2s were delivered on 7/7. FedEx Tracking: 634697143363. We apologize for any inconveniences and delays the customer may have experienced with this case. For further inquiries, please have customer contact Samsung at 888-480-5675 between the hours of 9AM and 6PM EST, Monday through Friday. Thank you

The only problem with this is that I did not receive anything on July 7th and when you track the package it was not going to me, I live in Queens, NY. So now where do I begin now?

Hey Tammy.... I thought you received your watches?

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

That sucks. Well, we all know how well Samsung has responded in the past. Have to agree with Budfordgsp, respond to BBB that watches were not received, and tracking number shows delivery at an address that was not yours.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
When I had a response from them, I was able to login to the original BBB complaint & file a response to their response. It's like when they answered (Samsung), I was given an opportunity to accept or reject their response. Hope this helps!

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
BBB is really the only way to go about it honestly.

Waiting on fedex delivery manager to tell me i have a package on the way either today or tomorrow.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
This board has really been sort of quiet this week, hopefully that means that just about everyone has their watches now! I have been trying to decide if I was going to keep my watch activated or not. This past weekend probably decided for me, I walked out of the house without my phone. I didn't realize it until I was too far away to turn around and go back. It was really nice to just go to the watch and forward my phone to it. I linked my watch to the car's blue tooth and didn't have to talk to my wrist when I got a call that I was expecting. A nice little gadget!

May 25, 2016
Visit site
A nice dignified death to the thread would be a good thing, but with how this promotion has gone it does seem like the thread will bang on the lid of the coffin quite a few times during the funeral.....

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
It has been helpful in getting "justice", and to commiserate with those in a like situation. But it does sound like most missing gifts have been received.

FCSC, find anything on your door step?

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It has been helpful in getting "justice", and to commiserate with those in a like situation. But it does sound like most missing gifts have been received.

FCSC, find anything on your door step?

Not yet, and no notification from fedex delivery manager.

Spoke with samsung Thursday, a " manager" said he would personally call me Friday afternoon with the tracking number...ofcourse he didn't call.

So I'm filing another bbb complaint either tonorow night or monday.

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Sorry I did not respond to anyone sooner. I was out a town my Nephew's wife is having a baby and had a shower to attend.

So I did reject the response from BBB. I said that if you track the fed ex package it did not go to me in Queens, NY it went to someone in another state and I did not receive the replacement watches.

For the person who thought I got the watches, I sort of did but if you remember when I got them I thought that they looked used. The boxes were dirty and not sealed correctly and the protective plastic was not really attached to the watches. I was going to keep them but my watch had some issues from the beginning, so I decided to send mine back (they sent a return label) and said they will send a new one. My husbands on the other hand seemed to work ok.

I did get new ones delivered on Friday. It took about a month to get it replaced. They sent two (2) new ones. They don't seem to keep records of what they send and what is sent back. I am deciding what I am going to do at this point. Very hard for me not to do the right thing. Even though they put me though hell.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
After having my watches a few weeks I think I've decided to not bother getting them activated. I might activate my wife's watch when school starts back up (she teaches) though. She floats from class to class helping low level readers and it would be nice for her to not have to worry about taking her phone everywhere.

So far I've only got one complaint about the watch. The auto-detect feature of the s-health app... My fitbit did a decent job of tracking steps when I would do yard work but evidently the watch knows that my arms are up when I'm mowing and mistakenly thinks I'm riding a bike. I can delete the auto-detected "cycling session" but no steps are accumulated during that time and when I do yard work I take a LOT of steps... lol. Anyone know how to disable the auto-detect feature?

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
After having my watches a few weeks I think I've decided to not bother getting them activated. I might activate my wife's watch when school starts back up (she teaches) though. She floats from class to class helping low level readers and it would be nice for her to not have to worry about taking her phone everywhere.

So far I've only got one complaint about the watch. The auto-detect feature of the s-health app... My fitbit did a decent job of tracking steps when I would do yard work but evidently the watch knows that my arms are up when I'm mowing and mistakenly thinks I'm riding a bike. I can delete the auto-detected "cycling session" but no steps are accumulated during that time and when I do yard work I take a LOT of steps... lol. Anyone know how to disable the auto-detect feature?

I am in the same boat as well. Not going to activate but my wife doesn't like it so now deciding what to do with the extra one.

Somewhere on planet earth!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat as well. Not going to activate but my wife doesn't like it so now deciding what to do with the extra one.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Does your wife not like it because it is way too big and bulky for a lot of ladies? Because I do not like it either and am thinking of selling mine and either getting the new Samsung Fit (I have the original Samsung Fit) or getting a higher end fitness one.