T-Mobile S7 edge pre-order on back order

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered my s7 edge black last week under the impression I'd get it by today or tomorrow. Was just told by a rep that they are on backorder and they cannot give me a time frame when to expect it. Such bull if you ask me. Ordered for the promo and now even though I pre ordered I might not be able to get the vr nor Netflix free for a year since they usually only allow a certain amount. Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted via the Android Central App

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you receive an email a few days ago from Tmobile saying it should ship 3/7 or 3/8? I did and have heard nothing so far.

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope no email and I told them it's pointless to pre order if I get it after the release date. I've never had this issue before with a preorder

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I preordered saturday the 27th at my local store (black s7e) I received an email on 3/5 with a UPS shipping label which was updated today to show a delivery date of 3/8.

When did you pre order?

mikeyd1984

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered the 2nd. I know people did before and is still in the same boat. The issue I have is that the rep said I'd have it over night. Now I'm told I may not get it until after the 11th which doesn't make sense.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
If I don't get it by the 11th I'm cancelling. That's bullcrap and I've been mislead long enough. Online it still says mine should ship the 7th or 8th and the new estimated dates for people ordering today just changed to 10-14 days.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered mine on the 27th in store and so far have just received a generic update with no shipping info yet. How do they choose who gets what when? Annoying to see people with the phone and they ordered well after me. Oh well, 1st world whining.

crispyone

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a black onyx on the 27th as well through JUMP. On T-mobile it says my order is still processing, and I received the generic email about shipping on the 7th or 8th with the little detail that "shipping may change if we receive devices later than expected."

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Now a T-Mobile person messaged me on Facebook and is saying it's currently 10-14 days from when ordered. When I ordered on the 1st I was GAURANTEED I would have it by the 11th and was told 4-7 days. Which is it?!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Tons of Best Buys have leftover phones and some of them are even throwing in the pre-order bundle. If you can live without a year of Netflix, you can get one today.

562dope562

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I think we shouldn't worry. I remember ordering the iphone for my cousin in October and tmobile said it was back ordered and he got it like in 4 days

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not with T-Mobile ...

This. Best buy isn't a tmobile dealer.

I ordered a s7 onyx on jump2 and s7e silver on JOD on the 29th. Received notification of tracking number for the onyx but not the titanium on the 5th. Got worried and called t-mobile and was told the same back order bs.

I'll claim my gf s7 as soon as I get it for the pre order, but I'm pretty salty this happened. I hate waiting for things. This wouldn't be an issue if the told me about a back order BEFORE I placed my order. What makes it worse are people who ordered after me are getting them before.

If the retail store gets it before I have confirmed tracking, I'll cancel my pre order and pick it up at retail on the 11th. Pissed it will cause me to lose pre order goodies. I would have gotten a different color if I knew there would be a back order.

I might even hi-jack her s7 and let her use her s6 until I get my edge lol

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
If I have to miss out on my goodies because T-Mobile couldn't fulfill their promises they will get an earful from me and I'll be getting some other goodies!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know T-Mobile had the Gold S7 Edge in stock and ready to be overnighted on the website this morning because I almost ordered one. That was the only color that they had in stock.

I placed my original order for a silver Edge on the 29th and am still waiting. I ordered a second silver Edge on the 4th and got delivered on Friday. They definitely have stock here and there.