First off, I am coming from an HTC One M8 and have liked it for the most part except the camera is not that great and it is finally starting to act sporadic so good thing I am due for an upgrade. I passed on the Galaxy S5 last time because I did not like the plastic body but this looks like the best thing out there now. I played around with both of them in the store for awhile today and still can't decide! The main reason I would want the Edge is probably for the larger battery. The Edge felt a little less comfortable in the hand though. I am not sure what it was but maybe because the sides are narrower it felt a little sharper. I plan to get a case for it anyways so I am wondering if it is more comfortable to hold with a case. I don't think the size is really the issue because it is not much bigger than the S7 and it is almost the same size as what I have now. The other thing I am wondering about is if the edge screen shows more reflections in the sunlight because of the curved surfaces. Also, is it easier to accidentally push something you don't mean to since you are holding it by the edges and my touch part of the screen that way? Do you find the Edge features very useful? I would just love to hear your thoughts, especially from people that have used previous Edge models. A few opinions may help me decide. Thank you.
    03-07-2016 07:05 PM
    I don't think that the edge features are very useful
    03-07-2016 07:15 PM
    No, but that battery sure is.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-07-2016 07:17 PM
    Yeah that battery is very tempting. I normally wait a little while after a phone is released to see if there are any issues but mine is acting up and I want to take advantage of the free Gear S2 watch.
    03-07-2016 07:56 PM
    If they would have made a 5.5" S7 with no edge. I would have gotten that one.
    03-07-2016 08:23 PM
    Me, too. But I see the edges as no big deal and it does make the phone thinner, width-wise.
    03-07-2016 08:38 PM
    Me, too. But I see the edges as no big deal and it does make the phone thinner, width-wise.
    True, the edge needs a case. Makes it easier to pickup.
    03-07-2016 08:45 PM
    True, the edge needs a case. Makes it easier to pickup.
    Also makes it easier to avoid inadvertently pressing the edge screen.
    03-07-2016 08:48 PM
    For me the deciding factor was the battery. The regular S7 was by far more comfortable to hold IMO.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-07-2016 09:11 PM
    Agreed the smaller S7 just seems to fit perfectly. Still wanted that extra 600mah.. heh.
    03-07-2016 09:13 PM
    Also makes it easier to avoid inadvertently pressing the edge screen.
    Does it? I didn't seem to have issues registering accidental touches when trying it out. I was even trying to hold it all lazy and stuff to see if it would happen. Perhaps it is accounting for edge detection.
    03-07-2016 09:16 PM
    Does it? I didn't seem to have issues registering accidental touches when trying it out. I was even trying to hold it all lazy and stuff to see if it would happen. Perhaps it is accounting for edge detection.
    For me it really makes a difference when I'm watching movies or YouTube. I hate holding my phone with just my finger tips so the case puts just enough of a gap to let me hold it the way I want without my hand pressing the screen.
    xocomaox and Kevin OQuinn like this.
    03-07-2016 09:18 PM
    You can't go wrong with either one, but I'm partial to the incredible battery life of the edge along with the bigger, and unique, curved screen. Very happy with my S7 edge and the edge features are definitely much more useful than the S6 edge's were. Samsung really improved the edge features to the point that they are actually useful, at least to me.
    03-07-2016 09:26 PM
    You can't go wrong with either one, but I'm partial to the incredible battery life of the edge along with the bigger, and unique, curved screen. Very happy with my S7 edge and the edge features are definitely much more useful than the S6 edge's were. Samsung really improved the edge features to the point that they are actually useful, at least to me.
    I use the edge screen on my S6E all the time. Really love how they expanded on it and included shortcuts on the S7.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-07-2016 09:29 PM
    Ok, I wasn't imagining things then! When I was holding the Edge and typing something, I think the bottom part of my thumb where I was holding the phone was accidentally pushing the shift key because I was getting weird characters. So a case will solve this problem then? Even one of the thinner ones? I imagine it must rise a little bit higher than the edge of the screen right? It seems like the edge features might be cool if you can activate them from any screen but the battery is the biggest determining factor. But like some of you said, the regular one does seem to fit more comfortably in the hand so hopefully the case will make the Edge better if i go that route.
    03-07-2016 10:08 PM
    Ok, I wasn't imagining things then! When I was holding the Edge and typing something, I think the bottom part of my thumb where I was holding the phone was accidentally pushing the shift key because I was getting weird characters. So a case will solve this problem then? Even one of the thinner ones? I imagine it must rise a little bit higher than the edge of the screen right? It seems like the edge features might be cool if you can activate them from any screen but the battery is the biggest determining factor. But like some of you said, the regular one does seem to fit more comfortably in the hand so hopefully the case will make the Edge better if i go that route.
    A case made all the difference with the S6 Edge.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-07-2016 11:40 PM
    It's lower than the edge screen but it creates an additional gap between your hand and the edge screen that's just right in my case. For me, it was the palms that were interacting with the edge screen. I wish Samsung would've made the frame a few millimeters thicker to prevent that from happening. Luckily a case fixes that issue.

The S6E allows for the tab to always stay on so you can pull it up while using apps. It's a nifty feature that I really enjoy.
    03-08-2016 12:48 AM
    I had an S6E for a few weeks and the edge is a complete gimmick in my opinion. It really doesn't do anything you wouldn't do on a flat screen. I didn't have problems with accidental touches though so I guess I hold my phone OK. Anyway I let the S6E go and had a Moto X and then a Nexus. My S7E should arrive today?

Why..?

I chose the S7E because I always regretted losing the quality and sheer appeal of the S6E going to the Moto Style/Pure and then especially the Nexus 5X. The edge on the S7E also looks way better with less black bezel before the frame. Build quality is a factor too, to be quite honest I got bored of the vanilla Android OS as a main factor and want something shiny this time. Lastly, battery life... If a 3600mAh battery lasts as expected it will be the major bonus. I got tired of having to nurture my Nexus 5x if I was out for a long day.

Hope this helps, although I'm sure you will be happy with either.
    benj0219 likes this.
    03-08-2016 03:24 AM
    Deciding factors:

1. Appearance

2. Battery

3. Edge screen information, if by chance I want it later
    03-08-2016 08:18 AM
    03-08-2016 09:33 AM
    Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your input and help me make my decision. I am a little nervous to get a phone before reviews are out, but I guess any bugs will just be fixed by software updates anyways as the hardware will be the same if you buy it now or months from now. I didn't really think a camera was that important last time I bought my phone two years ago because I have 2 small kids and always bring the DSLR around so I can get quick shots off of them, but I find myself getting lazier and lazier and not wanting to haul that thing everywhere we go so this will be very nice to always have with me. I think I will go with the Edge. It makes me feel better that you guys had the same problem holding it but the case solved it. I liked my Spigen case in the past so maybe I will go with another thin one this time. There are plenty of threads on cases here that I can read through so I don't need to bother you with that question. I guess I better order it today in hopes that maybe all the free smartwatches haven't been given out yet. Now I just need to decide on a color Thanks again!
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-08-2016 10:08 AM
    They basically did. It's called the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wlonsdale likes this.
    03-08-2016 12:07 PM