03-11-2016 07:22 AM
108 1234 ...
tools
    Ok idk what I did but it worked now wtf.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-07-2016 11:34 PM
    I have the T-Mobile version.
    Was one of the Samsung apps pre installed. Updated via Galaxy store.
    My first time using Sam pay. It's cool!

If ver and att block this app that's crap. Keeps adding on to the reasons and what a good move I made switching from att....

bhatech likes this.
    03-07-2016 11:58 PM
    I have the T-Mobile version.
    Was one of the Samsung apps pre installed. Updated via Galaxy store.
    My first time using Sam pay. It's cool!

If ver and att block this app that's crap. Keeps adding on to the reasons and what a good move I made switching from att....

I have at&t and I couldnt download it earlier. Then the only thing I did before it worked was I waited till I get 30% battery then I went to "About device" check for software update and ofc theres no update. Went back again to install samsung pay then boom finally.

03-08-2016 12:07 AM
    Everyone just relax. The phone technically isn't out till the 11th. The apps could be being updated to support the devices.
    03-08-2016 12:32 AM
    Everyone just relax. The phone technically isn't out till the 11th. The apps could be being updated to support the devices.
    Once again, I'll relax when you give me one of those damn lightsabers!
    03-08-2016 12:37 AM
    But the last day of the Samsung pay wireless charger promotion is the 10th...

Colchicine likes this.
    03-08-2016 01:06 AM
    it's a conspiracy...
    03-08-2016 06:58 AM
    I'd like to know how you pulled this off? It doesn't show available in the Play Store for my Verizon S7 Edge. Also, doesn't show compatible from the web Play Store either.
    03-08-2016 08:06 AM
    I just downloaded it through Google Play Store. Im on verizon and it works. Was able to add credit cards, havent tested yet tho.
    03-08-2016 08:13 AM
    I haven't been able to download it to a Verizon S7 Edge. My app store says it isn't compatible with my device. Here's hoping for that updated software!
    03-08-2016 08:33 AM
    Weird, I just did a search for it on Google Play Store and its not showing up. hmmmm
    03-08-2016 08:37 AM
    Debating installing from apkmirror since Verizon and/or Samsung feels fit to not allow me to access it.
    03-08-2016 08:59 AM
    Samsung pay just needs to be downloaded on Verizon. It works fine.
    03-08-2016 10:07 AM
    Weird, I just did a search for it on Google Play Store and its not showing up. hmmmm
    It think it is the Samsung App Store
    bhatech likes this.
    03-08-2016 10:16 AM
    When I logged into my Samsung account it activated the store and started downloading.
    03-08-2016 10:18 AM
    Samsung Pay Not on Verizon models?-capture.jpg
    sushiguy732 likes this.
    03-08-2016 10:48 AM
    Nope it was the Google Play Store, I checked the Samsung App store and it wasnt there.
    03-08-2016 11:12 AM
    I am wearing my conspiracy theory tinfoil hat...

Samsung Rep: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    ME: Hi there. We just bought an S7 Edge and cannot load Samsung Pay. Can you help? It no longer appears in the Google Play store and on initial install it said the device was not supported.
    Samsung Rep: Hello
    Samsung Rep: I'll provide you with the required information.
    ME: k
    Samsung Rep: Please confirm me are you referring to Galaxy S7 edge (SMG-935V)?
    ME: yes, that is correct
    Samsung Rep: Thank you.
    Samsung Rep: I have checked the information.
    Samsung Rep: I see that the S7 Edge is not available with the Samsung Pay, it might be available in the future
    ME: That is not correct. Other people have installed it successfully and used it.
    ME: Also, the Best Buy Samsung reps stated it was available and it's a reason we bought the phone. Many Android forums show many people able to install it.
    Samsung Rep: It is to inform you that few applications are related with the carrier,Verizon carrier does not support Samsung pay.
    ME: Verizon wireless is listed on your site for Samsung Pay support. What this appears to be is Samsung not wanting to honor the free wireless charger offer which expires on the 10th.
    ME: Also, Verizon customers have installed it and used it - again posted in the forum.
    Samsung Rep: Verizon wireless is Compactiable with the Samsung Pay, however S7 Edge is not compatible.
    ME: Again, Edge owners are posting in the forum that it works fine.
    Samsung Rep: The device will be updated and will be available with the S7 Edge.
    ME: When will this be?
    Samsung Rep: We are unable to speculate when/if this software update might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website or you will be informed by your service provider. Please feel free to check with updates.
    ME: Quite frustrating to have Best Buy Samsung reps tell us otherwise. That's a false statement by them.
    Samsung Rep: I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Samsung Rep: I suggest you to wait for the next update, Samsung would make it compatible on S7 Edge as well, as it is a new devices some features are yet to be updated.
    ME: Understood, but the free wireless charger promotion will have expired.
    Samsung Rep: I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    Samsung Rep: I would have surely helped you if there are any available options.

I watched the Samsung app install but don't see the icon for it.

After my chat with Samsung, I spoke to a Verizon Rep who also contacted Samsung reps and confirmed the S7 Edge works with Samsung Pay (obviously), but the phones were released before the 11th and a new Samsung Pay promo for a car charger is being offered. I'd rather have the wireless charger. I might have to speak to the Samsung reps at Best Buy for telling us otherwise.
    03-08-2016 11:21 AM
    I am wearing my conspiracy theory tinfoil hat...

After my chat with Samsung, I spoke to a Verizon Rep who also contacted Samsung reps and confirmed the S7 Edge works with Samsung Pay (obviously), but the phones were released before the 11th and a new Samsung Pay promo for a car charger is being offered. I'd rather have the wireless charger. I might have to speak to the Samsung reps at Best Buy for telling us otherwise.
    You are on verizon, if you can get the Bundle verizon is selling is a much better deal than a free slow wireless charger. I know its free but still. This is better...

Samsung Fast Charge Everywhere Bundle - Verizon Wireless
    03-08-2016 11:27 AM

Yeah. Verizon sucks
    03-08-2016 11:33 AM
    Not sure what is going on. Installed fine on mine.

03-08-2016 11:38 AM
    Samsung Pay was preloaded on my Sprint GS7 Edge. I updated the app via the Samsung app store.
    According to Verizon Corporate office, it is Verizon's policy to remove OEM pre installed software, that is MS Office, Samsung Pay etc. Of course it is OK for Verizon to pre-installed software we don't want or need, like VZ Navigator for the 2 people in the entire world that are using it.

Colchicine likes this.
    03-08-2016 11:55 AM
    Not sure what is going on. Installed fine on mine.
    You have the S7 Edge? The only long shot thing I can think of that might have caused an issue is we had all apps cable transferred from a Galaxy S5 to the S7, maybe something hosed a file somewhere? I guess I could always reset
    03-08-2016 11:59 AM
    You are on verizon, if you can get the Bundle verizon is selling is a much better deal than a free slow wireless charger. I know its free but still. This is better...
    That is a nice deal, but we went through Best Buy.
    03-08-2016 12:01 PM
    You have the S7 Edge? The only long shot thing I can think of that might have caused an issue is we had all apps cable transferred from a Galaxy S5 to the S7, maybe something hosed a file somewhere? I guess I could always reset
    Yes I have the Verizon Edge. I set up the device as a new phone and didn't transfer anything.
    03-08-2016 12:01 PM
108 1234 ...