Samsung Pay Not on Verizon models?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wait, Samsung Pay is NOT on Verizon models???

Believe it or not, Samsung pay is supported by Verizon. It's in our training materials. This is Samsungs doing..

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Still not available here, I've checked both Galaxy Apps and the Google Play store. Ughhh.

In order to find it you have to log into your Samsung account. Once I did that the galaxy store came up and Samsung pay installed. However I can't find samsung pay

Posted via the Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Perhaps they were planning on full support on the 11th and all the carriers sending phones out early have caused this? Hm? Ya?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Believe it or not, Samsung pay is supported by Verizon. It's in our training materials. This is Samsungs doing..
Sure Samsung pay works on other carrier S7 models and doesn't work on Verizon. Definitely must be Samsung doing, very easy to conclude. Samsung surely doesn't want Samsung pay to be used by customers on largest carrier.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

True Samsung Pay is supported by Verizon. However it is Verizon's policy to remove OEM pre-installed software. They removed MS Office, one drive and Samsung Pay from the Note 5. I know this is true because I received a letter from Verizon so stating when I complained about the missing Samsung Pay.

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site

Sure Samsung pay works on other carrier S7 models and doesn't work on Verizon. Definitely must be Samsung doing, very easy to conclude. Samsung surely doesn't want Samsung pay to be used by customers on largest carrier.

Chill Winston.

Wait until release day, I know it's a crazy concept.

Posted via Android Central App

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

just got off the phone with samsung support, after telling them about the issue and the promo with samsung pay that ends march 10th. They said it will be available on march 11th and will show up in the play store. Their will also be a new promotion for those of us Verizon folks that will have the chance to get since we will miss the 3/10 deadline. The promo will be different, maybe even a better one.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

just got off the phone with samsung support, after telling them about the issue and the promo with samsung pay that ends march 10th. They said it will be available on march 11th and will show up in the play store. Their will also be a new promotion for those of us Verizon folks that will have the chance to get since we will miss the 3/10 deadline. The promo will be different, maybe even a better one.

I wonder if they'll do the Level U promotion again. Beats the hell out of that wireless charging puck that doesn't work 75% of the time.

MobileThis

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

I wonder if they'll do the Level U promotion again. Beats the hell out of that wireless charging puck that doesn't work 75% of the time.

I spoke to Verizon today about the wireless charger promo and they confirmed a new promo for a car charger on 3/11.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I spoke to Verizon today about the wireless charger promo and they confirmed a new promo for a car charger on 3/11.

Ew. I'd just wait for a better offer to roll around in that case. Seems Samsung keeps doing this. They offer crap, not as many new users as they would like, throw better stuff at them, #s come up, start offering crap again.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset, signed into samsung account and it automatically installed samsung pay. Only........it's now not showing up on my phone anywhere.

Attachments

• 858.jpg
    858.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 87

tcmiller49

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I saw the same samsung pay app download when i first set up my edge but not able to find it either. I contacted samsung and they said there will be a fix shortly?
:confused:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw the same samsung pay app download when i first set up my edge but not able to find it either. I contacted samsung and they said there will be a fix shortly?
:confused:

Usually if you try and download an app that is not compatible with the phone from the Samsung App, it will appear to download and install but you won't be able to find it. Looks like they have it listed as not compatible for now and that's why people can't find it after installing.

jumper809

May 16, 2011
Visit site
8763d429d7c749994783251bcef4f76c.jpg

Just sayin.

simaand

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay guys real quick I got Samsung PAY to work on my Verizon Samsung S7 Edge. Here is what i did to make it work!

1) Turn on the feature that allows you to install unsafe sources
2) Google Samsung Pay APK
3) Install it and let it update to the latest version
4) Activate a new CARD and get free wireless charger promo

I'm not going to post a link to the Samsung PAY apk because it might be against the rules of this site and too lazy to read up on that ;0)

Have fun :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781