Package Disabler Pro?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with an S7/Edge confirmed that Package Disabler Pro works? That app was a life saver on the Note 5...

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
..so you just use the app to remove the unwanted crap and delete the app afterwards?? For $2? Does it serve any other purpose after you've done the initial "purge"?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is good to hear it works. I may need it if T-Mobile won't let me disable that stupid account app >.<

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
..so you just use the app to remove the unwanted crap and delete the app afterwards?? For $2? Does it serve any other purpose after you've done the initial "purge"?

Well some apps you can't delete since they're system apps. If I recall correctly the app just gets it disabled.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Does this do anything different than what going into application manager does when hitting disable?

I usually only end up disabling most of the ATT apps.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Don't delete it. Pretty sure that will reverse everything. Plus, before any software update you should re-enable everything. Beauty of this is that you can export your settings to an XML file and then import it back following the software update, so you don't have to go through and check everything again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't delete it. Pretty sure that will reverse everything. Plus, before any software update you should re-enable everything. Beauty of this is that you can export your settings to an XML file and then import it back following the software update, so you don't have to go through and check everything again.
Yeah pretty sure deleting the app would bring everything back

nickster0824

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
So from what I've been reading, disabling certain things through this app can cause issues with Samsung Pay and few other functions.

Does anyone happen to have a list or anything showing which is OK to disable?

Posted via the Android Central App

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
you really need to understand what apps you use and why. for example if you disable NFC, Samsung Pay (or Android Pay) will not work as they use NFC to communicate with the card reader.

The author considers Chromecast as bloatware, but I use it frequently. Most of the "pink" items can be disabled safely, but again, you should make your choices. If you disable Smart Manager (I would love to), then you cannot view your battery control panel, so keep that one.

I do have a list, and I could export it, but frankly, my list would be different than yours. I am happy to try to answer individual, how about this one, kinds of questions.

There is a real expert on PDP here that frequents the boards, I cant remember his name, but once I see it, I will know it. Hes the real guy to listen too.