12-11-2017 08:19 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    Not there for me, what build do you have? thanks
    I've got an AT&T variant running 6.0.1. Build MMB29M
    10-18-2016 03:27 PM
    As you can see above I also have the AT&T, what is the full build? Mine is MMB29M.N910AUCS2EPH7. Thanks

I've got an AT&T variant running 6.0.1. Build MMB29M
    10-18-2016 03:48 PM
    As you can see above I also have the AT&T, what is the full build? Mine is MMB29M.N910AUCS2EPH7. Thanks
    Sorry about that. I didn't notice that you had the AT&T version. Mine is MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2

I also don't have a Note4. I was just generally replying to the thread.
    10-18-2016 03:59 PM
    No worries, thanks for helping.

Sorry about that. I didn't notice that you had the AT&T version. Mine is MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2

I also don't have a Note4. I was just generally replying to the thread.
    10-18-2016 04:13 PM
    This option is not available on AT&T's Note 4

Attachment 241551
    Attachment 241552
    You couls try asking the Note 4 forum for help. This is the GS7 forum so most users will have the GS7 here not the Note 4.
    10-18-2016 04:59 PM
    For sure... at some point I drifted.. thanks

No worries, thanks for helping.
    10-18-2016 05:05 PM
    My god , It is a Samsung thing! I have several Android devices two of which are the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S5. the only devices I have that do this irritating default app now chosen thing that this whole blog is about is Samsung. I like an app called "TvPortal" this app allows you to steam internet TV shows to a Chrome cast. works great but sometimes there is lag and stutter so bad you cant watch it. when that happens I have another app that will stream download that show for later viewing.with every other device it works like a charm, I get the option of "always" or :just once". with Samsung, when I on the choice of steam content to tv. I get the choice of several different apps. But once I choose the app I want to use It says" Thank you for choosing the default app"`I HATE THAT!! Now if I want to down load a bad and laggy mirror site, I have to reset ALL app preferences each and everything I choose a different app. It is like " you stupid Americans, you cant handle choice" I believe that this issue is soo damn irritating it will be the game changer for me. Very un user friendly, I will never give another cent to Samsung. I will vote with my dollar, samsung phones are great quality and workmanship(for the most part) it is the "apple like philosophy' THAT I DETEST! I also refuse to purchase CORSAIR computer components because of the horrendous customer /tech support I recieved,
    10-26-2016 10:10 PM
    My god , It is a Samsung thing! I have several Android devices two of which are the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S5. the only devices I have that do this irritating default app now chosen thing that this whole blog is about is Samsung. I like an app called "TvPortal" this app allows you to steam internet TV shows to a Chrome cast. works great but sometimes there is lag and stutter so bad you cant watch it. when that happens I have another app that will stream download that show for later viewing.with every other device it works like a charm, I get the option of "always" or :just once". with Samsung, when I on the choice of steam content to tv. I get the choice of several different apps. But once I choose the app I want to use It says" Thank you for choosing the default app"`I HATE THAT!! Now if I want to down load a bad and laggy mirror site, I have to reset ALL app preferences each and everything I choose a different app. It is like " you stupid Americans, you cant handle choice" I believe that this issue is soo damn irritating it will be the game changer for me. Very un user friendly, I will never give another cent to Samsung. I will vote with my dollar, samsung phones are great quality and workmanship(for the most part) it is the "apple like philosophy' THAT I DETEST! I also refuse to purchase CORSAIR computer components because of the horrendous customer /tech support I recieved,
    Have you checked your settings:
    Applications>Default Applications>Default app selection> There are two options
    1) Set default app automatically (this is the default setting)
    2) Ask before setting default apps

Check that you have the 2nd option as your default selection.
    10-27-2016 07:19 AM
    PayPal has a handy "family and friends" feature that allows me to send money to an email address. Their mobile app even let's me click an email address and launch that cool feature.

Except I CAN'T use that featured without either permanently associating email address links with PayPal OR following the 7-step process of dissociation the default BEFORE AND AFTER using that feature.

Removing this had essential rendered many useful app shortcuts inert. That's stupid... Why take away such a powerful feature?
    I suspect because Samsung wants the data of what apps you select as your "default", as this is worth $$.

If it's not a Google thing, that might be a good thing, as I shouted, cajoled, pleaded, commiserated with, and was finally successful in getting Google to restore the navigation volume control (kind of) so that the GPS lady wouldn't stop your music AND SHOUT AT YOU "TURN LEFT HERE!!!", but only after FOUR YEARS... So I guess let's start shouting at Samsung. Metaphorically, of course, it's better to be nice to someone you need help from... and can we talk about the copy, cut, paste, etc menu? Who is the MORON who decided we only get to see HALF of the menu selections at a time? I swear updates are partially designed to frustrate us, providing amusement to the over lords.
    12-06-2016 02:30 AM
    Have you checked your settings:
    Applications>Default Applications>Default app selection> There are two options
    1) Set default app automatically (this is the default setting)
    2) Ask before setting default apps

Check that you have the 2nd option as your default selection.
    This ^^^^
    12-07-2016 05:42 AM
    Don't forget if a default has already been set for an action. you will need to go in and clear the defaults for that action before it will ask.
    12-07-2016 06:14 AM
    While an understandable annoyance, the vast majority of users will appreciate this new "feature", if they even notice the difference at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Its only really an issue with maps. In metro areas biking and driving is key. Waze is a better driving app while google maps is the far superior app for walking and biking. Also for what ever reason we have lost the ability to cut and paste addresses making it rather clunky.
    04-13-2017 11:42 PM
    I think you are talking about "go to supported urls" > where there are three options 1. via this app, 2 always ask and 3. in other app. Tragically this does not work. I have waze and maps set as 2) and you get your maps and waze selection, choose one then it automatically defaults regardless of what you have selected in terms of your supported urls. Thoughts?
    04-13-2017 11:55 PM
    Samsung's implementation isn't an improvement on the stock Android implementation. Stock does it best by giving the user the option on how to handle each situation instead of forcing it on a user. Samsung's solution treats users as idiots while stock respects users.
    04-26-2017 05:53 PM
    You can go into setting》apps》default apps》choosing default apps.....here is what you want and those call center people answer questions on everything from fridges to whatever and probably own an iPhone or something and usually know nothing.
    The Visual-anti likes this.
    06-20-2017 10:40 AM
    Up until about 3 weeks ago the links in my daily AC forum email would automatically link me to the AC Forums App. However, not sure what changed, but since then my links take me to Chrome and the AC website. How can I revert so links will direct me to the AC Forums App?
    06-21-2017 06:00 AM
    Samsung's implementation isn't an improvement on the stock Android implementation. Stock does it best by giving the user the option on how to handle each situation instead of forcing it on a user. Samsung's solution treats users as idiots while stock respects users.
    Or you know, just read the instructions on hiw to turn off auto set to default and activate the just once option again.
    06-22-2017 06:40 PM
    Or you know, just read the instructions on hiw to turn off auto set to default and activate the just once option again.
    Wow, passive aggressive, much?
    You might actually need to proof read your spelling at least.

Anyway You don't want to sound like a die hard Linux user "If you're a Windows user, you're part of the problem"
    This is the kind of thing we don't want to portray ourselves as.
    Anyways be a nicer, no condensing, or passive aggressiveness. It makes the rest of us users look bad.

With kind regards
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-27-2017 05:59 PM
    I just noticed that under default apps in settings on my note 8 there is a default app selection menu with set automatically Or ask first. Hope this does it
    12-11-2017 08:00 PM
    And then I noticed someone just mentioned that before me. Ha, thanks for getting me curious to look there.
    12-11-2017 08:19 PM
95 ... 234