new s7 edge always on worked all night last night,..but today it comes on, moves the clock around the screen for about 2 min. then goes to black screen,..i have to wake the phone to see the time,..any ideas?
    03-08-2016 10:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Clear View case? I saw another thread about Always On not working with the Clear View case.
    03-08-2016 12:39 PM
    new s7 edge always on worked all night last night,..but today it comes on, moves the clock around the screen for about 2 min. then goes to black screen,..i have to wake the phone to see the time,..any ideas?
    This is a deal killer for me so watching this thread closely
    03-08-2016 01:11 PM
    Have you since installed any other apps that affect the screen? Maybe something that turns the screen on automatically when the phone is picked up (using the gyroscope) or with a hand wave (using the prox. sensor)?
    03-08-2016 01:21 PM
    no other apps installed...but i do have the crystal clear case....it was on the phone last night and working fine...nothing has changed except that it dosent want to work right today....one thing i noticed while it wasn't showing the clock, i was getting a scrolling news feed on the left side of my edge screen...but still no clock

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 01:48 PM
    This is a deal killer for me so watching this thread closely
    Wow really? It's such a limited feature to begin with
    SR45 and JennieBee19 like this.
    03-08-2016 01:53 PM
    Sounds like you have something else on (an edge feature) which is stopping the phone from sleeping and therefore Always On Display is not activated..?
    SR45 likes this.
    03-08-2016 01:54 PM
    I think somehow u accidentally triggered edge feed.... which is strange because that can only be triggered if you swipe back and forth on the edge

try turning it off to see whether it helps
    03-08-2016 04:56 PM
    Wow really? It's such a limited feature to begin with
    It will allow Samsung email notices. Although I woullike more that is all I absolutely need.
    03-08-2016 04:59 PM
    took me all day to figure out what was going on...while at work my phone sits on a small shelf under my desk...I've disabled all edge stuff and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was running...at home on my nightstand everything was fine...turns out when i put it on my desktop it worked fine....I'm thinking is getting feedback from the shelf it's on and thinking is in a pocket or purse, so it shuts the screen down...problem fixed...lol

03-08-2016 06:17 PM
    took me all day to figure out what was going on...while at work my phone sits on a small shelf under my desk...I've disabled all edge stuff and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was running...at home on my nightstand everything was fine...turns out when i put it on my desktop it worked fine....I'm thinking is getting feedback from the shelf it's on and thinking is in a pocket or purse, so it shuts the screen down...problem fixed...lol

Isn't that pocket off function disable-able?
    03-08-2016 06:27 PM
    think so...ill check it out tomorrow at work and see if i can get it to stay on while on the shelf....if not no big deal

03-08-2016 06:31 PM
    i has the same problem i get my phone today in the morning it was showing the big clock in the middle of screen always on display but it disappear in the the evening and it is just showing now on the edge display not in the center. i don't know what to do it bring it back to middle of screen. any suggestions.
    03-08-2016 06:47 PM
    Maybe clock moves around to prevent screen burn in? And post 1? Welcome!
    03-08-2016 06:49 PM
    check your night time edge settings

recDNA and xocomaox like this.
    03-08-2016 07:08 PM
    i did it problem solved thanks a lot tyk5054
    03-08-2016 08:22 PM
    check your night time edge settings

Where is this setting? I'm having the same issue that it turns off eventually.

03-08-2016 11:33 PM
    How can I stop it from moving around?
    03-08-2016 11:51 PM
    it moves around so it dosent burn the image into your screen

03-08-2016 11:55 PM
    My always on display disappeared instantly as I turned it off straight out the box lol

03-09-2016 12:16 AM
    just got my note7. Having a hard time getting a screen protector that is case friendly. I purchased a clear view case prior and yesterday I bought the curved tampered glass screen protector from the mall. It was holding up nice at first but kept on popping out a as the day went. I kept it on anyway and noticed that the always on display started turning off after 2 minutes the next morning. I couldn't figure out why. I even tried resetting the phone maybe i downloaded something that affected it. But the problem persisted. I saw this thread about the clear view case. But I got my case the same time I got my phone and it never turned off the always on display. I then took off the screen protector and voila! The always on display has not turned off. I may have to resort to one of those liquid screen by ZAGG instead.
    08-26-2016 08:42 AM
    just got my note7. Having a hard time getting a screen protector that is case friendly. I purchased a clear view case prior and yesterday I bought the curved tampered glass screen protector from the mall. It was holding up nice at first but kept on popping out a as the day went. I kept it on anyway and noticed that the always on display started turning off after 2 minutes the next morning. I couldn't figure out why. I even tried resetting the phone maybe i downloaded something that affected it. But the problem persisted. I saw this thread about the clear view case. But I got my case the same time I got my phone and it never turned off the always on display. I then took off the screen protector and voila! The always on display has not turned off. I may have to resort to one of those liquid screen by ZAGG instead.
    I haven't heard anything good about Zagg either. Maybe I missed a good thread?
    08-26-2016 08:52 AM
    I noticed that mine went off after the second minute changed on my always on display. It would start at 8:35 and when it turned over to 8:37, the always on display would go off. I had been noticing that my display had been going off immediately when I made a call. So it was a proximity sensor issue. I removed my screen protector and it solved it completely for both issues. Turns out there was a tiny crack in the screen protector very close to the 2 holes at the top where the proximity sensor is.
    Attached Thumbnails always on display dissapears after a while-screen-protector-crack.jpg  
    09-18-2016 12:42 PM
    Found my solution! My case arrived from eBay for my LG G5 and as soon as I popped my phone in, the 'always on' (AO) went off. The cover has a little clear window at the top. After reading the responses on this thread, I saw someone had mentioned a proximity sensor. I looked in settings but there is nothing in there about it. I couldn't see anything on the front of the phone except the front-facing camera and the phone's audio for calls.

I took a sheet of paper and then tested to see exactly when the AO turns off. I slid the paper slowly up from the bottom of the screen and it always turned off when paper was within the last 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I then punched a hole with paper punch close to the top of the paper and tested by sliding hole from left to right and low and behold the AO would turn back on when the hole was between the camera and the audio/speaker. I couldn't see anything there that looked like a sensor so I got my brightest flashlight out and looked at that spot. Sure enough there are two little sensors there. So my solution is to cut a small hole in my case cover and that should fix my problem. If it doesn't work, I'll only have lost about $5 bucks anyway. Worth a shot. I'll report back only if it fails. Wish me luck!

always on display dissapears after a while-lgg5-sensor.jpg

01-20-2017 12:30 AM