S7 Edge over Note 4

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone here gone from the Note 4 to the edge?

Do you like the edge so far and feel it was worth the upgrade?

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 4 but haven't received the edge yet. Needless to say I think it's going to be a very nice upgrade. I don't use the s pen at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kiet189

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Bought my gf the note 4 over a year ago and she loves it! Got her the s7 edge and it arrived earlier. Now waiting for her to get back from work and will give you her feedback.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I went from a note4 to the edge and it's great. It is a worthy upgrade if you can live without the S pen.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating giving the edge a try and ditching my note 4 and v10. It's been such a long time since I've had a phone without a removable battery!

Note 4 is easily still my favorite phone of all time. If they just released a version of it with updated internals I'd be the first in line to buy it. The edge better be worth it!

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4 and my edge is due to be delivered tomorrow. I barely use the s pen and I like the slightly smaller size of the edge. I'll post again after ive had a proper play with my new phone.

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Bump! I have a note 4 and would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I am considering upgrading to the s7 edge. So far I have noticed that apps open up 2 seconds faster on the s7 edge in comparison to the note 4... but honestly this doesn't really bother me. How do you guys like it so far?

Last edited:

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I received the s7 edge about a week ago, and I must say, what a great phone (again, I didn't use the s-pen). Love everything about the phone. Battery life is outstanding, camera is fast and takes great pics, apps open fast. The Note 4 had micro SD so no comment on that. And the fact that it's water resistant just tops it off. Oh, and it's a gorgeous piece of hardware as well, glad I bought the titanium silver. I actually find the edge apps very useful as well.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Bump! I have a note 4 and would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I am considering upgrading to the s7 edge. So far I have noticed that apps open up 2 seconds faster on the s7 edge in comparison to me note 4... but honestly this doesn't really bother me. How do you guys like it so far?

I upgraded from a Note 4/Note Edge. The display is much better. Something I recommend doing is enabling the developer menu and then going in and disabling the three animation options or at least turn them down to the smallest setting. I have mine turned off and things happen instantly now.

I don't know if I would say the S7 Edge is worth the upgrade because you (myself as well) could probably go another year using the Note 4 because it was and still is a powerful phone. I don't use my Note 4 much anymore but I still have an active sim card in my Note Edge which was basically the same phone, just with an edge panel on the right side.

The S7 Edge is missing one or two apps such as S Note, and of course there's no S Pen.

I still don't regret buying the S7 Edge today and I also have a Note 5. It sounds like you may have already tried an S7 Edge but if not, go try one before you buy it. Personally, I think the S7 Edge has the best display available today out of any phone currently being sold. It's incredible.

Tatt2014

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I went from the Note 4 to the s7 edge and have No Regrets! I absolutely love this Phone. I love the size and it takes Awesome pictures. There's nothing about this phone that I don't like. It's super fast and the Battery is Amazing!!!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually retired my note 4 in December and went to the S6 edge. I actually like carrying the edge better than the note 4 simply for size. As far as the S7 goes, I'll keep you updated because mine arrives tomorrow. I got it because it's a bit bigger than the S6 edge and has an all day battery. Im not knocking the note 4, it's one of the best smartphones samsung ever made. I just found myself not using the s-pen.

Posted via Android Central App

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a few days now and after moving everything over I turned off the note 4 and haven't touched it since. I've been really impressed with the battery life, so much that I have to keep reminding myself not to plug it in at work. Also the screen is definitely better, seems brighter. I got used to the edge screen very quickly. Everything is just that bit better on the s7 and the reduced size means I can now fit it into my pocket. Absolutely no regrets.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I loved my Note 4. It was a great phone and I was not 100% sure that I "needed" a new phone.
But, the S7 Edge feels so much smaller than the Note 4, which now looks like a big square brick. The S7 Edge's screen is nicer, battery is better (although Note 4 battery did just fine), the Edge features are actually pretty good, and the camera on the S7 Edge is a lot better than the Note 4. (I am getting used to not having the S Pen.)
I do recommend the upgrade from the Note 4 if the price is not a problem.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
same here.. note 4 to s7e.. very worth it.. but I miss the ir blaster. didnt use the s-pen much. love the battery. I had 19% and the night clock on.. woke up 7 hours later and still had 19% on the phone. amazing.. low light pics are so much better. the 1080x60fps need to be fixed and the sd card popup once in a while needs to be fix, but I think that will be taken care of soon. last night I liked taking my phone to the sink and doing a quick wash in front of the family. They thought I was crazy.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I also just switched over from Note 4 (Sprint) to s7 edge (AT&T). The only thing I'm getting used to is the size of the edge, it feels so much smaller. But like the other commentor says, the note 4 now seems like a plain boxy brick lol. I used my S-pen a lot and the S-note came in handy. However, now with the edge panel, I just add memo note to the panel and now I'm doing fine without the pen, though it does come in handy for some of my editing apps when I need a fine tool. The camera on the edge is soooooo much better! I can easily get a good picture now without having to manipulate some good lightning like I did with my note. One of the main reasons why I had to leave my note was that the battery was starting to mess up; when it hit 55% and I wanted to access an app like snapchat or use my camera, it would simply shut down and restart at 0%. For the past 2 months, I've had to carry my charger with me and charge my phone about 3xs a day :( I am really impressed with the edge's battery. That baby lasts all throughout the night that I don't even charge it until I wake up in the morning. So overall, I am happy I switched over to the edge ^_^

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 was my least favorite Samsung device, even caused me to skip the S6 and Note 5.

Previously I have had the Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, S3, and S5. Also the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Samsung Level U.

S7 Edge is by far the best Samsung product I have had. Gorgeous, I have it paired with a S2 Classic and Level U. I went from being off the Samsung wagon to being back in love with Samsung.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge and pick up the edge. It's an upgrade over the n4 in all the ways you would expect: faster, better camera, slightly better display etc. I'll miss the removable battery as I'd gotten used to never actually plugging my phone in, but the battery life has been excellent on the edge so no complaints there.

I actually prefer the build of the note 4 over the edge though. The n4 was built like a tank whereas the edge is going to be much more fragile. Glass is just such a terrible choice for a phone imo. I've never really been one to care how my phone looks though so if that's important to you then the edge will have the advantage here.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got a lot of friends that bought the Note 5 and love it. The note 5 only has a 3000 ah battery.

The S7 Edge has the new 3600 Ah battery.

I never used the S pen. Haven't looked at Google play to see if I couldn't download it.
Sure the Samsung man at Best Buy could answer your question on it.
But the new S7 Edge with 4gb ram and the Sd card is plenty fast.
Got a great keyboard.
I was trying to wait on the Note 6 .
Couldn't wait.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
S7 Edge is much better than the Note 4 IMO.

I had such a bad experience with the Note 4, that I jumped to the Apple iPhone 6S+ after having like 7 Android devices previously.
Really liking the Edge.. It seems like there might be an issue with the battery, but I disabled a few things and it looks like it's doing pretty good now after about 4-5 days of ownership.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski