What is this weird dot on screen? [S7 edge]

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I must be crazy right? I can't have waited this long to have dead pixels? For context it's on the lower left edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20680.jpg
    20680.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 337

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You should return it. It's okay. They will replace it. This is an unacceptable defect.

Called them, they said it wasn't "in their system yet" to do a return. AT&T is ridiculous. He said to call in 48 hours or so and they should be able to do it. I'll probably just go to a store on friday and buy a new one and then start the return process for this one. Total pain.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Called them, they said it wasn't "in their system yet" to do a return. AT&T is ridiculous. He said to call in 48 hours or so and they should be able to do it. I'll probably just go to a store on friday and buy a new one and then start the return process for this one. Total pain.

Hey man it's alright it could happen to anybody. Unfortunate that it happened to you so soon. But it's okay. Don't worry! You will get a new phone and everything will be alright.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey man it's alright it could happen to anybody. Unfortunate that it happened to you so soon. But it's okay. Don't worry! You will get a new phone and everything will be alright.

Just hoping that my att store has one on friday, that it's not a hassle to get it, and that it isn't a pain to return this one.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

i would see if the store can do the exchange for you right there. there is no reason they can't do it in store.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i would see if the store can do the exchange for you right there. there is no reason they can't do it in store.

I can try when I go. I made the appointment. Usually att stores and their reps are pretty useless in my experience. They always tell you to go online or call which begs the question "then what is this store for?"

Rheller82

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I can try when I go. I made the appointment. Usually att stores and their reps are pretty useless in my experience. They always tell you to go online or call which begs the question "then what is this store for?"
Get used to them if you return it to a store phone support makes you use that store from then on for returns.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Get used to them if you return it to a store phone support makes you use that store from then on for returns.

Tomorrow I have the appointment and I decided on when I'm going to do. Going to buy the phone, again, outright. Before I leave the store I'm going to make sure this one is good to go. Then once I get home I'll call att and have them email me a return label for the bunk unit. I'll update tomorrow once all of that is completed. Aside from the irony of the cluster of dead pixels on my s7 edge, this phone is awesome. I love everything about and it looks sexy. I haven't been able to put it down and I'm annihilating the battery because of it.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Tomorrow I have the appointment and I decided on when I'm going to do. Going to buy the phone, again, outright. Before I leave the store I'm going to make sure this one is good to go. Then once I get home I'll call att and have them email me a return label for the bunk unit. I'll update tomorrow once all of that is completed. Aside from the irony of the cluster of dead pixels on my s7 edge, this phone is awesome. I love everything about and it looks sexy. I haven't been able to put it down and I'm annihilating the battery because of it.

Now change your username. Haha

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Now change your username. Haha

Is there a way to do that? Also, I got the phone replaced today at att. No problems with this one and it's sexy as hell. So glad I got that done with. Now I don't have to worry about att trying to be shady. Just got to put the label on the box and send the messed up one back.

Hapa_Dude

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have this on the top edge of my screen. It is weird how it is perfectly round. It isn't part of the OS because on the white boot-up screen it is there too. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement but only if it is a new phone not a refurb'd one.
dead pixels on S7 Edge.jpg