Can anyone confirm that the only apps that work with the S7 always on display are Samsung apps?

No Messenger/Hangouts/Gmail/etc?

This would be a huge deal to me in combination with the sketchy Lightflow support.

Might lead me to rethink the phone altogether.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 12:59 PM
    That is confirmed.

03-08-2016 01:00 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the only apps that work with the S7 always on display are Samsung apps?

No Messenger/Hangouts/Gmail/etc?

This would be a huge deal to me in combination with the sketchy Lightflow support.

Might lead me to rethink the phone altogether.

Thanks

I think I remember hearing the Android Central editors said in the S7/S7 edge fireside chat video that the Samsung apps are the only apps that work with the always-on display, which makes it pretty worthless IMO.
    03-08-2016 01:00 PM
    If I put gmail into Samsung email app will I get those email notifications on always on screen? I use their app for work email as is.

I only care about email notifications in always on screen. I can go without the rest although the lack of control over the multicolor led is a terrible waste
    03-08-2016 01:06 PM
    This is bad news for me coming from a Nexus.

😥

03-08-2016 01:09 PM
    If I put gmail into Samsung email app will I get those email notifications on always on screen? I use their app for work email as is.

I only care about email notifications in always on screen. I can go without the rest although the lack of control over the multicolor led is a terrible waste
    It should work. I will be doing the same.
    03-08-2016 01:14 PM
    Another post says always on isn't always on when set to be always on. It sleeps. Makes it useless if true
    03-08-2016 01:16 PM
    Another post says always on isn't always on when set to be always on. It sleeps. Makes it useless if true
    For me it already seems useless since it is so limited to the apps it can display information from.
    03-08-2016 01:55 PM
    It seems to be the case, no Google Messenger, Gmail etc in Always On.

If you switch it off, the lock screen behaves just like the Nexus one with all notifications available if you chose (minus Ambient Display which was rubbish anyway).
    03-08-2016 02:06 PM
    I use all native Samsung apps so it will work for me but screen must never turn off or sleep. I don't care about battery life but I must have notifications silently but instantly visible without touching phone.

For years lightflow has done that for me. Always on may at least take care of my email and sms. That's enough.

I assume my gear 2 will still get all the same notifications it currently does including gmail and tapatalk?
    03-08-2016 02:12 PM
    It seems to be the case, no Google Messenger, Gmail etc in Always On.

If you switch it off, the lock screen behaves just like the Nexus one with all notifications available if you chose (minus Ambient Display which was rubbish anyway).
    That will help.

Thanks

03-08-2016 02:34 PM
    I do not know what switch it off means nor all notifications means
    03-08-2016 02:36 PM