03-13-2016 08:30 AM
59 123
tools
    Anyone find the screen is too sensitive? I often launch apps just swiping through the launcher.
    Thought is was just me.
    03-09-2016 07:37 AM
    Yeah the screen is way too sensitivie. Getting lot of clicks on urls when scrolling webpages etc
    78standards, taxiron1 and SR45 like this.
    03-09-2016 07:44 AM
    Anyone find the screen is too sensitive? I often launch apps just swiping through the launcher.
    I've had that problem, too. I kept clicking on the same Geico ad this morning as I was trying to swipe through a news story. I got tried of seeing that little lizard.

I figure we'll get use to the heightened sensitivity.
    03-09-2016 07:47 AM
    Yeah the screen is way too sensitivie. Getting lot of clicks on urls when scrolling webpages etc
    It's borderline irritating.
    inffy, michellebjohn and taxiron1 like this.
    03-09-2016 07:50 AM
    One negative I may have found is that WiFi seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting. It happens pretty quick so I don't normally have an issue but it's twice caused me to pause what I'm doing inntje Oculus store.

I'm also not sure about Gear VR. This isn't a deal breaker for me as I don't expect to use it long term and do consider it to be the freebie that it is - but for me the resolution is just too low too often I can see individual pixels and text is horrible on the store. It works well though and movement tracking is excellent - I guess an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive would be solution for viewing issues!
    You haven't been able to get the Occulus store text is better focus? It took me a couple of tries, but I got it clear enough that the text doesn't bother me. The free Jurassic World dinosaur app was neat. There's a free demo version of the Ocean Reef app that I love. (I think you have to go to the free app board to find the Ocean Reef demo.)

I have had trouble with the phone needing to buffer when I'm trying to stream content with the VR. I don't have that problem when I'm not using the VR. As a result, I enjoy the VR content more when I've downloaded something without the glasses on than I do when I'm trying to stream.
    03-09-2016 08:02 AM
    The only thing I'm not overly keen on is the screen is a bit warm in comparison to my xperia z2. The xperia z2 screen has proper whites. Colder whites. Think it's just a Samsung thing as they are always Iver saturated and what not.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 08:22 AM
    The only thing I'm not overly keen on is the screen is a bit warm in comparison to my xperia z2. The xperia z2 screen has proper whites. Colder whites. Think it's just a Samsung thing as they are always Iver saturated and what not.

Have you changed the Display Settings to Basic to see if it suits you better? According to some Basic setting should be the most accurate settings.
    03-09-2016 11:30 AM
    To you guys saying the screen is too responsive... I totally agree!!
    It has actually been causing a bit of an issue. When I'm scrolling the forums or a Web page with lots of links it always happens to click them.

Any way to deal with this?

SR45 likes this.
    03-09-2016 11:55 AM
    I looked at the options. The one that is default is the best. None of them give a cooler white.

03-09-2016 11:59 AM
    It has actually been causing a bit of an issue. When I'm scrolling the forums or a Web page with lots of links it always happens to click them.

Not that I've been able to locate in the settings. Back in the day there use to be a setting you could toggle for when you wear gloves, thought maybe that was on, but it's not even an option anymore. Right now I could swipe using 16oz boxing gloves the screen is so touchy.
    03-09-2016 12:24 PM
    I looked at the options. The one that is default is the best. None of them give a cooler white.

It really just comes down to differences in display technology. IPS LCD displays tend to be cooler in the whites whereas AMOLEDS tend to be warmer in the whites. That said, both the S7 and S7 Edge are very close to neutral whites based on Anandtech's display tests so they're pretty accurate (though I know it comes down to preference at the end of the day).
    03-09-2016 12:52 PM
    I haven't been able to put mine down. OMG the battery life. I'm almost done with work and still at 88%. Couldn't say that about the S6.
    SR45 and Cakefish like this.
    03-09-2016 01:02 PM
    My current battery life on day 1. 3 hours 55 mins screen on time so far.

Posted via S7 edge ๐Ÿ˜
    Attached Thumbnails SGS7 Edge First Impressions-302.jpg ย 
    kman00 likes this.
    03-09-2016 03:29 PM
    ..indeed..ive launched apps, clicked, etc with the edge just by holding it in my palm
    03-09-2016 03:36 PM
    You haven't been able to get the Occulus store text is better focus? It took me a couple of tries, but I got it clear enough that the text doesn't bother me. The free Jurassic World dinosaur app was neat. There's a free demo version of the Ocean Reef app that I love. (I think you have to go to the free app board to find the Ocean Reef demo.)

I have had trouble with the phone needing to buffer when I'm trying to stream content with the VR. I don't have that problem when I'm not using the VR. As a result, I enjoy the VR content more when I've downloaded something without the glasses on than I do when I'm trying to stream.
    No, I can't get the text right. I think it's a problem with the resolution too. To me text always looks fuzzy. In game or in video is generally OK for me though.
    03-09-2016 03:46 PM
    I basically gutted everything on mine. Turned off edge features, turned off always on display, disabled all bloatware, installed Nova Launcher and restored my settings (after all my apps downloaded) and it's running pretty smooth.

But when I say pretty smooth, I do mean it's got some noticeable framerate hitches, especially with the Play Store (much better on the Nexus 6P) and some app switching slowdown. The stock keyboard lagged, but the Google Keyboard has fixed that problem completely with me.

Love, love, love the gaming overlay feature.

Love love love the camera, and the camera software (much, much better than Google camera)

So far so good. I can say I do notice the screen in quite sensitive like others. And my fat palms tent to protrude into the edge display and I accidentally lock things up. I need that Sammy leather cover they have advertised.
    03-09-2016 04:17 PM
    Advice for the screen sensitivity would be a screen protector. Takes the edge off of presses.. See what I did there?
    03-09-2016 06:14 PM
    Battery has definitely gotten better. If i can use the phone all day and get home late at night with charge left I'm plenty happy!
    Oh and I also love the camera, big improvement over my awesome Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails SGS7 Edge First Impressions-1457581040201.jpg ย  SGS7 Edge First Impressions-1457581050900.jpg ย 
    03-09-2016 09:38 PM
    Battery has definitely gotten better. If i can use the phone all day and get home late at night with charge left I'm plenty happy!
    Oh and I also love the camera, big improvement over my awesome Note 4
    Totally agree. I upgraded from a Note 4 as well.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    03-10-2016 12:40 AM
    Battery has been really good. Yesterday I had around 5 hours SOT with over 20% battery remaining.

I'd struggle to get 4 hours total from the Nexus 5.
    03-10-2016 04:59 AM

Yeah at times it does feel too responsive. I'm sure it will be fixed in future updates. I'm also waiting for my screen protector, I feel like that might help some as well. I love this screen but I just feel weird without a screen protector lol
    03-10-2016 10:36 AM
    During phone calls, do you hear the caller well, and do they hear you well ? Have you used a bluetooth headset with phone calls, and if so how are they. Sound wise. Most important to me, since I'm a little hard of hearing.
    No issues hearing caller or them hearing me. Definitely impressed with Antena, at work I was getting barely any signal in the room I work at with my note 4 and had to place the phone on a spot with signal and have everything come to my watch but this bad boy been great. Signal is not strong but I can have the phone right by me and receivey phone calls and send and receive txt and Internet also work but slow as expected with poor signal.
    03-10-2016 10:39 AM
    It's borderline irritating.
    This is an early major problem that a lot of people are complaining about. If my finger goes reasonably close to the split screen button, it activates. Very annoying. Hopefully the first of many updates will correct this.
    03-10-2016 10:59 AM
    Two days in and still loving it. Running nova launcher ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge ๐Ÿ˜
    Attached Thumbnails SGS7 Edge First Impressions-303720.jpg ย 
    03-10-2016 01:37 PM
    Ive had mine for 2 hours.

1. Samsung Pay won't install on the phone.
    2. It takes about 2-3x the number of taps to accomplish something as it did on Windows or iOS.
    3. The phone is absolutely beautiful and feels great in the hand.

Im going to give it a few days before I make a judgement. Have problems right out of the box is a real downer.
    03-10-2016 01:45 PM
59 123