SGS7 Edge First Impressions

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I know that there is already an early issues thread but thought it would be good to start a more balanced thread so people could let others know about the good stuff too. I'll start:

Loving the screen, bright and sharp as well as responsive. Everything the Nexus 5x wasn't.

Build quality is great, cannot fault it.

Sound is reassuringly loud, it's good to actually hear the ringtone from my pocket as well as being able to feel the vibrate alert.

The phone is lightning fast, it blazes and even Chrome isn't janky.

Touchwiz isn't too bad these days. I don't like Samsung's icons but that has been fixed with Nova. The menu system and theming behind the launcher is all good though.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
During phone calls, do you hear the caller well, and do they hear you well ? Have you used a bluetooth headset with phone calls, and if so how are they. Sound wise. Most important to me, since I'm a little hard of hearing.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
During phone calls, do you hear the caller well, and do they hear you well ? Have you used a bluetooth headset with phone calls, and if so how are they. Sound wise. Most important to me, since I'm a little hard of hearing.

canyouhmn.jpg

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Do you wearing hearing aids?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If there's been a relevant phone in the past 4-5 years, I've owned it. That said, no phone has -ever- come close to being as beautifully crafted and as gorgeous as this device. It's way too early for me to give any sort of impression outside of that, though, but damn this phone is nice to hold.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
If there's been a relevant phone in the past 4-5 years, I've owned it. That said, no phone has -ever- come close to being as beautifully crafted and as gorgeous as this device. It's way too early for me to give any sort of impression outside of that, though, but damn this phone is nice to hold.

I say that about my nukes every night. Nothing like a warm nuke to snuggle with.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I have only had mine about 3 hours :> so no in depth comments yet, but from first impressions I think I am going to be very happy.
I can say it is smaller than I expected for a 5.5" screen, I guess due to the edge part counting as the screen.

All I plan to do tonight is update and sync everything from my iPhone so it's a usable main phone for tomorrow.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Knew this because North Korea does not have FedEx (There country is on the Ban list), and N.K would chop off everything for these posts since they listen to everything. :)

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Knew this because North Korea does not have FedEx (There country is on the Ban list), and N.K would chop off everything for these posts since they listen to everything. :)

But I am the supreme leader! I am allowed to do many things and purchase many capitalist pig products! When is your phone arriving again?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Is he on the (Ban) Ki-moon list? He is the Secretary General of the UN from South Korea. He is the arch nemesis of Kim Jong!

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have about six hours of Bluetooth headset usage today and I would say it is by far the best sounding phone I've had for Bluetooth. I'm coming from a 6s Plus and the volume is much higher and the clarity both listening and talking is better as well. The 6s Plus is very good, but this is better. Using it with a Jabra Stealth.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
One negative I may have found is that WiFi seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting. It happens pretty quick so I don't normally have an issue but it's twice caused me to pause what I'm doing inntje Oculus store.

I'm also not sure about Gear VR. This isn't a deal breaker for me as I don't expect to use it long term and do consider it to be the freebie that it is - but for me the resolution is just too low too often I can see individual pixels and text is horrible on the store. It works well though and movement tracking is excellent - I guess an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive would be solution for viewing issues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463