03-13-2016 08:30 AM
59 123
tools
    I know that there is already an early issues thread but thought it would be good to start a more balanced thread so people could let others know about the good stuff too. I'll start:

Loving the screen, bright and sharp as well as responsive. Everything the Nexus 5x wasn't.

Build quality is great, cannot fault it.

Sound is reassuringly loud, it's good to actually hear the ringtone from my pocket as well as being able to feel the vibrate alert.

The phone is lightning fast, it blazes and even Chrome isn't janky.

Touchwiz isn't too bad these days. I don't like Samsung's icons but that has been fixed with Nova. The menu system and theming behind the launcher is all good though.
    KoukiFC3S and 78standards like this.
    03-08-2016 02:00 PM
    Glad that you are enjoying it. Can't wait to get mine
    03-08-2016 02:04 PM
    During phone calls, do you hear the caller well, and do they hear you well ? Have you used a bluetooth headset with phone calls, and if so how are they. Sound wise. Most important to me, since I'm a little hard of hearing.
    03-08-2016 02:25 PM
    During phone calls, do you hear the caller well, and do they hear you well ? Have you used a bluetooth headset with phone calls, and if so how are they. Sound wise. Most important to me, since I'm a little hard of hearing.
    geekaren and 78standards like this.
    03-08-2016 02:27 PM
    Do you wearing hearing aids?
    spock123 likes this.
    03-08-2016 02:58 PM
    Yes all fine calls wise. No Bluetooth headset though but I will test with the car tomorrow.
    03-08-2016 03:08 PM
    If there's been a relevant phone in the past 4-5 years, I've owned it. That said, no phone has -ever- come close to being as beautifully crafted and as gorgeous as this device. It's way too early for me to give any sort of impression outside of that, though, but damn this phone is nice to hold.
    SprintFun and 78standards like this.
    03-08-2016 03:15 PM
    If there's been a relevant phone in the past 4-5 years, I've owned it. That said, no phone has -ever- come close to being as beautifully crafted and as gorgeous as this device. It's way too early for me to give any sort of impression outside of that, though, but damn this phone is nice to hold.
    I say that about my nukes every night. Nothing like a warm nuke to snuggle with.
    jumper809 and Stigasteve23 like this.
    03-08-2016 03:18 PM
    I have only had mine about 3 hours :> so no in depth comments yet, but from first impressions I think I am going to be very happy.
    I can say it is smaller than I expected for a 5.5" screen, I guess due to the edge part counting as the screen.

All I plan to do tonight is update and sync everything from my iPhone so it's a usable main phone for tomorrow.
    03-08-2016 03:29 PM
    I say that about my nukes every night. Nothing like a warm nuke to snuggle with.
    Kim Jong was nestled all snug in his bed,
    While visions of sugar-plum Rodmans danced in his head.
    03-08-2016 04:01 PM
    Do you wearing hearing aids?

Thanks guys. No hearing aid yet, just made a number of dumb mistakes when I was young, and listening to loud music.
    03-08-2016 04:04 PM
    Just have to ask, where are you really from ? I know its not North Korea
    03-08-2016 04:06 PM
    Kim Jong was nestled all snug in his bed,
    While visions of sugar-plum Rodmans danced in his head.
    Rodman signed my snuggle nuke. He's a dreamboat.

Thanks guys. No hearing aid yet, just made a number of dumb mistakes when I was young, and listening to loud music.
    I'm also hard of hearing thanks to nukes going off ever since I was a child.
    03-08-2016 04:07 PM
    Just have to ask, where are you really from ? I know its not North Korea
    Sadly, the other Korea. The not so best Korea. Currently living in LA, I mean Pyongyang.
    jimbo1mcm, sangs and Stigasteve23 like this.
    03-08-2016 04:07 PM
    Thanks. Knew this because North Korea does not have FedEx (There country is on the Ban list), and N.K would chop off everything for these posts since they listen to everything.
    03-08-2016 04:20 PM
    Thanks. Knew this because North Korea does not have FedEx (There country is on the Ban list), and N.K would chop off everything for these posts since they listen to everything.
    But I am the supreme leader! I am allowed to do many things and purchase many capitalist pig products! When is your phone arriving again?
    03-08-2016 04:21 PM
    Is he on the (Ban) Ki-moon list? He is the Secretary General of the UN from South Korea. He is the arch nemesis of Kim Jong!
    KimJongOMG likes this.
    03-08-2016 04:28 PM
    Is he on the (Ban) Ki-moon list? He is the Secretary General of the UN from South Korea. He is the arch nemesis of Kim Jong!
    I see what you did there...
    03-08-2016 04:30 PM
    I have about six hours of Bluetooth headset usage today and I would say it is by far the best sounding phone I've had for Bluetooth. I'm coming from a 6s Plus and the volume is much higher and the clarity both listening and talking is better as well. The 6s Plus is very good, but this is better. Using it with a Jabra Stealth.
    SR45 likes this.
    03-08-2016 04:32 PM
    One negative I may have found is that WiFi seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting. It happens pretty quick so I don't normally have an issue but it's twice caused me to pause what I'm doing inntje Oculus store.

I'm also not sure about Gear VR. This isn't a deal breaker for me as I don't expect to use it long term and do consider it to be the freebie that it is - but for me the resolution is just too low too often I can see individual pixels and text is horrible on the store. It works well though and movement tracking is excellent - I guess an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive would be solution for viewing issues!
    03-08-2016 04:54 PM
    I have about six hours of Bluetooth headset usage today and I would say it is by far the best sounding phone I've had for Bluetooth. I'm coming from a 6s Plus and the volume is much higher and the clarity both listening and talking is better as well. The 6s Plus is very good, but this is better. Using it with a Jabra Stealth.
    Very good news. Thanks. Mine will arrive on Thursday. Will check out. My 6S+ was good, so I hope this one is just as good if not better
    03-08-2016 06:25 PM
    Wanted a phone that was at least equal or surpassed my Droid Turbo 2, which had wireless charging, Micro SD expansion, Quad HD, big battery, etc. The S7 Edge has most of the features of the Turbo 2 and more. The processor is newer and it is running Marshmallow, although the Droid will be getting it soon. The camera on the S7 is superior to the Droid. Although I am giving up a shatterproof screen with the Droid, in return for IP68 Water resistance. I am also a sucker for a good looking, great feeling phone in a form factor that is not huge. The S7 Edge in gold is a stunner. I thought that it might be too blingy but it isn't. Everything is smooth. Volume is slightly less than my Droid Turbo 2, but very adequate.
    03-09-2016 12:47 AM
    Anyone find the screen is too sensitive? I often launch apps just swiping through the launcher.
    03-09-2016 07:03 AM
    The screen is very responsive, I accidentally liked a couple of reviews on the play store scrolling through. In most cases this responsiveness is a good thing though.
    03-09-2016 07:32 AM
    I've had mine since yesterday afternoon. Loving it so far. I put nova launcher on it last night and SwiftKey as I couldn't get on with the keyboard. I also turned of always on display and edge functions. Just can't see the point of them to be honest. Overall it's all good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 07:35 AM
59 123