S7 edge Reception issue

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here has problem with the reception? Im only getting 1-2 bars most of the time in my home but on my 5x I gets like 2-4 bars.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you having any problems? If it is just the bars then I wouldn't worry about it

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone here has problem with the reception? Im only getting 1-2 bars most of the time in my home but on my 5x I gets like 2-4 bars.

I was waiting for this feedback. Yep, it looks like the S7 has the same crappy antenna like the S6.

dreaming of electric sheep

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you having any problems? If it is just the bars then I wouldn't worry about it

Hmm so far no issues. Calling and texting is good, and 4g lte has no issues too. Its just my ocd is killin me lol. But I will see in the next few days if i will encounter any problem.

ccmiked

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My phone while at work is much better than my previous LG G3... 2 bars of LTE coverage when I was barely getting 4G on AT&T... Very happy with the reception.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What is the actual dBm? Bars are useless for the most part since all phones calculate bars differently. The actual dBm signal will tell the true signal at all times.

I use signal check pro (top left of my screenshot) so I can always see the actual signal.

Attachments

• 1457504790892.jpg
    1457504790892.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 192

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting for this feedback. Yep, it looks like the S7 has the same crappy antenna like the S6.

dreaming of electric sheep

Not saying the S7 has better or worse reception as I do not personally have one, but should not be the same with the Snapdragon 820.

Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge integrate Qualcomm® TruSignal™ multi-antenna boost technology to intelligently compensate for signal impediments, improving call reliability, data speeds and call coverage while reducing radio power consumption
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...ssor-powers-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-s7

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
What is the actual dBm? Bars are useless for the most part since all phones calculate bars differently. The actual dBm signal will tell the true signal at all times.

I use signal check pro (top left of my screenshot) so I can always see the actual signal.

Right now 2 bars with -100-106 dbm. I also got a new sim so idk if it has something to do with it.

Last edited:

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am getting better reception in certain areas than I did with my old note 4. In my car for example.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right now 2 bars with -100-106 dbm. I also got a new sim so idk if it has something to do with it.

Check the dBm now on your Nexus 5X and see if it is the same. I wouldn't be surprised if you're near 100-106 dBm on that but the 5x shows 2-4 bars versus 1-2.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Check the dBm now on your Nexus 5X and see if it is the same. I wouldn't be surprised if you're near 100-106 dBm on that but the 5x shows 2-4 bars versus 1-2.

Ok i will. If my 5x has better dbm should I replace my current device? or maybe try to get a new simcard first?
( my unit is silver but I woudnt mind changing to black tho.??????)

Last edited:

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Ok so Im compared the dbm between my 5x and s7e and its the same. Around 102-105 in my casa. Just weird that 5x is showing more bars than the Edge

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so Im compared the dbm between my 5x and s7e and its the same. Aeou d 102-105 in my casa. Just weird that 5x is showing more bars than the Edge

Yep :). That is why you always want to check the -dBm signal. Each manufacturer (sometimes even the carrier gets involved) will display different bars even though the signal is the same. It does kind of suck .. It would be better if there was a "standard" for how many bars = the true signal strength.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep :). That is why you always want to check the -dBm signal. Each manufacturer (sometimes even the carrier gets involved) will display different bars even though the signal is the same. It does kind of suck .. It would be better if there was a "standard" for how many bars = the true signal strength.

Ikr, they really should set a standard for it. Lol my OCD was killin me and ready to get my device replaced but thank u for your advice it calms me down now lol.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Just compared my s6 edge+ with my s7 edge (SD820) and the signal strength is identical. ~110dBm in my house which isn't too great. That said, this is leading me to be a bit skeptical of the "TruSignal" in the SD820 variants.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy