Missing from my T-mobile S7 Edge

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So far I have noticed three things missing from my t-mobile s7 edge: 1. Galaxy labs appears to be missing which allows you to remove the app drawer in settings. The AT&T model I played with at Best Buy had it installed in settings.
2. There is no stock or native Samsung music player in the device.
3. There is no stock or native voice recorder or voice memo option as there is always been in every single Samsung device released.

Anyone else with this particular model missing the same things?

Please don't shoot if this is already been covered 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen in the past, music player and voice memo are normally under the Samsung folder and neither are included this year. Also galaxy labs is located in settings under advanced at the bottom and it's missing.

Attachments

• 2227.jpg
    2227.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 144

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
We got confirmation Galaxy Labs has been disabled by all the carriers on the S7 IIRC.

Surprised to hear about the music player and voice memo though.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Are any of the missing apps available in the Play Store or Samsung Store?

For the music player and voice recorder there are some third party options in the Play Store, but I just felt it was a pretty unusual oversight for Samsung to not include certain utility apps that they always have had in their phones stock. Galaxy labs appears to be a setting that was disabled by t-mobile and something tells me we will need root to find it and turn it back on.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the Samsung music and video player weren't going to be included on the s7 line. I've never used them as my defaults on any Samsung device, so I was happy to hear it.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The music player and voice recorder are under Galaxy Essentials. I've got Galaxy Essentials at the top of the third screen.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a Samsung phone without a music player before and I've been using a Samsung as my personal daily since the GS2.

As have I..which was the cause for this post because it was weird and also news to me that they weren't included out of the box..Apparently they are in the Galaxy Apps store that Samsung has so they can be downloaded.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
As have I..which was the cause for this post because it was weird and also news to me that they weren't included out of the box..Apparently they are in the Galaxy Apps store that Samsung has so they can be downloaded.

Ah. At least that's 2 less things people can complain about.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that they want you to use Samsung milk music? From what i heard it plays both and streams free music or something?
I had the same problem because I disabled that app immediately. The reviews aren't that bad. Might try it one day.

Last edited:

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
My guess is that they want you to use Samsung milk video. From what i heard it plays both and streams free music or something. I had the same problem because I disabled that app immediately. The reviews aren't that bad. Might try it one day.

Samsung shut down Milk video back in November of last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol