Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Best Calendar App

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Loving my s7e. Currently using nova and I don't see the samsung calendar widget. I'm looking for recommendations on the best calendar app and widget or reallt any other app recommendations. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Calendar App

The stock calendar app isn't there?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

^ this. The stock app syncs with my Google account so I can just add things to my Google Calendars and it's on my phone.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Loving my s7e. Currently using nova and I don't see the samsung calendar widget. I'm looking for recommendations on the best calendar app and widget or reallt any other app recommendations. Thanks!

Weird. I have Nova and it's on mine...

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem is that the Samsung widgets are available only when using TouchWiz. When using Nova you can access the S-Planner, but not the associated widgets. I have used the Google calendar for a while now -- it has a much improved month view as well as a agenda widget (no month view like the S-Planner widget) and works very well with Nova.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I think the problem is that the Samsung widgets are available only when using TouchWiz. When using Nova you can access the S-Planner, but not the associated widgets. I have used the Google calendar for a while now -- it has a much improved month view as well as a agenda widget (no month view like the S-Planner widget) and works very well with Nova.

Can you tell me where S-Planner widget is if on Verizon variant? I've already asked several times,but I'm desperate at this point lol. Im using stock Touchwiz.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Can you tell me where S-Planner widget is if on Verizon variant? I've already asked several times,but I'm desperate at this point lol. Im using stock Touchwiz.

If you go to your widgets and you can't see a calendar widget (at least on Note 5 and S6/edge was that one) then it must be another thing that the GREAT Verizon removed. If it's true, Shame on them, or even better like the old proverb says: 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'.

Last edited:

jem9777

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

My vote is for Event Flow Widget - you can use it with the stock S Planner app, and has both monthly calendar and agenda widgets with a ton of customizations available.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Having just switched over from the iPhone 6splus, the only thing that I miss is the Fantastical Calendar app. I haven't taken the time to look through the Google Play Store for a new app. I will take a look at what others have recommended here.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Business Calendar 2 is the most like Samsung I could find when I had my Nexus 6.

Now that I am getting back to Samsung, I am def staying in Touchwhiz, Sammy calendar is the best in the business

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

If you go to your widgets and you can't see a calendar widget (at least on Note 5 and S6/edge was that one) then it must be another thing that the GREAT Verizon removed. If it's true, Shame on them, or even better like the old proverb says: 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'.

Verizon hasn't removed it luckily. I have it running on mine.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

On my HTC M9 I used Business Calendar I got it from Amazon free app of the day one time. Than it updated to the new one and it was different I don't know I didn't really like it anymore. But with this new phone and having AOD on I don't know I am fine with just using what came on the phone. Business calendar synched with my google calendar though too.

Jon Patch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Okay so I've been doing a fair bit of googling today to no avail, some I'm asking you guys.
My girlfriend and I both use separate accounts for everything but want a calendar app that when she puts in an event it syncs to mine without us having to use the same google account or something similar. Any ides?
Thanks guys