Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Best Calendar App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Best Calendar App

Okay so I've been doing a fair bit of googling today to no avail, some I'm asking you guys.
My girlfriend and I both use separate accounts for everything but want a calendar app that when she puts in an event it syncs to mine without us having to use the same google account or something similar. Any ides?
Thanks guys

Posted via the Android Central App

Google calendar. You can share your calendar with someone else and change the permissions so they can also add and remove events. Basically, 2 owners of 1 calendar. It syncs with the stock app and this is what I have my employees using. This way, I know the exact estimated time and date my designers and managers will be finished with a task or when merchandise is coming in so I know what's going on in all departments without holding a meeting every 15 minutes.

Jon Patch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Sounds promising! I opened it up but all it had was my calendar and no options to share or sync with another account, is there something I'm not doing?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Sounds promising! I opened it up but all it had was my calendar and no options to share or sync with another account, is there something I'm not doing?

Go into the calendar app, click on "more", then "manage calendars". You can then pick and choose what you want and also add a Samsung or Google account for more calendars.

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Really been liking MS' Outlook App for mail and calendar recently, but I suppose it depends on which calendars you access.

MS Outlook makes it easy to work with my Office365 account and Outlook on a PC. Office365 doesn't seem to present itself as an Exchange Server, so the app kind of has to support it specifically for full featured use. Outlook also allows me to add my own Google calendars (but not other's shared Google calendars), which you can see w/ the Samsung calendar (or Google Calendar).

If you're working

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Google calendar. You can share your calendar with someone else and change the permissions so they can also add and remove events. Basically, 2 owners of 1 calendar. It syncs with the stock app and this is what I have my employees using. This way, I know the exact estimated time and date my designers and managers will be finished with a task or when merchandise is coming in so I know what's going on in all departments without holding a meeting every 15 minutes.

Love Google calender. But so far everything is syncing in this. Kim does it still work if someone adds a date? I'm using the samsung one right now but all my stuff synced. If I add the date in this app will it sync to the others or do I need the actual google calender app?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Samsung one works perfectly with my Google account. I've tried others, but never seem to need the bells and whistles a lot of them offer.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Love Google calender. But so far everything is syncing in this. Kim does it still work if someone adds a date? I'm using the samsung one right now but all my stuff synced. If I add the date in this app will it sync to the others or do I need the actual google calender app?

As long as when you create the event, it's set on the right Google calendar, it syncs up just fine.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I've been using business calendar the last couple years. I think they have the best widgets.