Coming from iMessage/iPhone

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am a new convert from iPhone to Galaxy. I have a simple question. One of the most convenient parts of iOS was iMessage. Specifically replying to texts from the lock screen. I can't find an Android app that has the same convenience. Specifically swiping left when the phone is locked gives you a quick reply box. And I can reply without using my fingerprint. If there is anything that mimics that, it would be awesome

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am a new convert from iPhone to Galaxy. I have a simple question. One of the most convenient parts of iOS was iMessage. Specifically replying to texts from the lock screen. I can't find an Android app that has the same convenience. Specifically swiping left when the phone is locked gives you a quick reply box. And I can reply without using my fingerprint. If there is anything that mimics that, it would be awesome

I don't know if allowing to reply to a message from the unlock screen without even validating your security lock is convenient or totally an unsecured risky "feature", I mean if you leave your phone for a minute alone and somebody send you an sms then anybody can pick it up, read it and even worse, reply to it. Again I don't own an iphone for years now so I don't know if that's the way it works but I'm just surprised about your comments.

Anyways, the OEM SMS app will allow you to reply form the lock screen you just activate it on it's settings of its not by default, but it will always ask you for your fingerprint to do it.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if allowing to reply to a message from the unlock screen without even validating your security lock is convenient or totally an unsecured risky "feature", I mean if you leave your phone for a minute alone and somebody send you an sms then anybody can pick it up, read it and even worse, reply to it. Again I don't own an iphone for years now so I don't know if that's the way it works but I'm just surprised about your comments.

Anyways, the OEM SMS app will allow you to reply form the lock screen you just activate it on it's settings of its not by default, but it will always ask you for your fingerprint to do it.

That doesn't do a quick reply. It opens the full app. Whether you agree with not using the fingerprint is irrelevant. I prefer it since it feels like I'm having a real conversation. It can be changed in settings. I'm looking for a true quick reply without needing to unlock my phone

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Weird I had an iPhone for years and didn't know about that.

I can't think of many reasons I would use it, don't think I ever quick replied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool