Switching back from iPhone - SIM card question AT&T

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My new S7 Edge arrives tomorrow from AT&T. I currently have an iPhone 6s+. I know the new phone will have a SIM card installed and AT&T has activation instructions for the new phone/SIM. My question is, why couldn't I simply switch out my SIM from my iPhone? That way, if for some reason I didn't like the S7e, I could simply swap the SIM back to my iPhone and not have to worry about getting a new SIM from the AT&T store.

Is my thinking wrong on this? Will the phone not work properly if I do it this way. I can ultimately put the new SIM in the S7e after a couple days and activate it. That will at least give me some time to make sure I like it, and more importantly, make sure nothing is wrong with the new phone.

Thanks in advance! Excited to come back to Android.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes but since your going from and iPhone to Android you have to call and give Att your new imei or your mobile hotspot won't work. This has been my experience

Posted via the Android Central App

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, if that's the only impact I could live with that for a couple days to make sure all is good. Thank you for the quick response. I will wait to see if there are any other unforeseen drawbacks.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I had to use the new sim that came with my S7 Edge. It was the one linked to the ATT activation when I went to do it.

I switched from the iPhone 6+.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm trying to avoid in the short term. Just in case I don't like it or there is something wrong with it. You can't return a phone with a different SIM card in it. So you are forced to get another SIM for the old phone. Hopefully this would be a couple days, then swap the SIMs and activate with AT&T.

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I just swapped the sim from my iPhone to the edge Cuzco the one that came in the box wasn't working. Don't know why.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rheller82

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I would change it. The old one might not work as well. For example I went from the iphone 4 to the 5 and the sim didnt support LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma